ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Philips Arena Atlanta, GA - October 15th - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 15th, 2005 08:50 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Setlist with thanks to IORR and of course Shiddobeeland

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. Live With Me
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Wild Horses
7. Rain Fall Down
8. Bitch
9. Mr. Pitiful
--- Introductions
10. The Worst (Keith)
11. Infamy (Keith)
12. Miss You (to B-stage)
13. Oh No Not You Again (B-stage)
14. Get Off Of My Cloud (B-stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. Jumping Jack Flash
19. Brown Sugar
20. You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
21. Satisfaction (encore)

In addition to this thread fond more about this sjhow at

IORR http://www.iorr.org/tour05/atlanta.htm
Shidoobeeland http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm412
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
October 15th, 2005 08:52 PM
LadyJane I'll post the setlist if you like.

LJ.
October 15th, 2005 09:10 PM
Poplar
At work ... waiting... I am waiting.
damn - Charlotte less than a week away now!!!!
October 15th, 2005 09:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'll post the setlist if you like.

LJ.

Do you have it now? WOW

Yes post it baby post it
October 15th, 2005 09:15 PM
LadyJane Sorry...got to run out.

Be back soon, I hope.

LJ.
October 15th, 2005 09:21 PM
pdog I'm here!
START ME UP !!!
From Shidoobee Stonesdoug is texting in the show!

1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKIN'
3. LIVE WITH ME!!
4. ROUGH JUSTICE
5. RAIN FALL DOWN!!!
8. BITCH

Listening to calls now instead of text. Don't know what # in set.

ONNYA
GET OFF MY CLOUD
HONKY TONK WOMEN
SYMPATHY

[Edited by pdog]
October 15th, 2005 09:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG O.K. Engine is running. Let's get it started....
October 15th, 2005 09:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hot Damn- Live With Me!!!!!
October 15th, 2005 09:55 PM
jaggergurl earphone heads and dirty necks!!

yay! for Atlanta!!
October 15th, 2005 09:57 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey Dawn, I like your new Jagger picture!!

Live With Me and Rain Fall Down- Making for a good show!!
October 15th, 2005 10:13 PM
pdog I think the sending and recieving on Shidoobee has hit a snag....
October 15th, 2005 10:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG Gotta agree with you Pdog. Doug is text messaging and they have had problem with that in the past. Oh Well!!
October 15th, 2005 10:19 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Hey Dawn, I like your new Jagger picture!!

Live With Me and Rain Fall Down- Making for a good show!!

He Meg!! Thanks... your Mick pic is delish as well!!

Yes, it is looknig like a GREAT NIGHT in HOTLANTA!!

*sigh* wish I was there...
October 15th, 2005 10:27 PM
PartyDoll MEG Almost gave in to my Stones weakness to travel to Hotlanta, but the reality of my empty wallet prevailed... Sigh... Hope I am going to meet you sometime this tour, Dawn!. How about NYC?
October 15th, 2005 10:29 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Almost gave in to my Stones weakness to travel to Hotlanta, but the reality of my empty wallet prevailed... Sigh... Hope I am going to meet you sometime this tour, Dawn!. How about NYC?

I hear you, Meg... those Stones impulses are strong ones, yes?

don't know about NYC yet.. but am always praying to the StonesGods for NYC, Meg.. I hope we can catch up too, it would be so much fun to meet you!!!!
October 15th, 2005 10:47 PM
LadyJane I'm back...Dad left water running in upstairs bathroom sink...flooded kitchen.

Thanks to the kindness of their neighbors I didn't have to deal with it alone.

It is so hard to be an only child when your parents are elderly and frail.

Sorry...had to vent...at least I have you guys/gals to lean on.

LJ.
October 15th, 2005 10:54 PM
PartyDoll MEG You've been missed!! Ain't no party without you!

Thanl God for a kind neighbor!!!
October 15th, 2005 10:57 PM
LadyJane Thanks.

I'm pretty upset right now.

Anyway.....whats up?? Setlist troubles again??

Just talked to my best gal pal in Miami. She is going out of her mind for Monday...has 19 people going with her...just rented a huge party bus.

I wish I could go...she has a ticket for me.

LJ.
October 15th, 2005 11:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG Maybe you should give in to your Stonsian urges and go to Florida!!!

I'm gonna call it a night. The setlist will have to wait for me until tommorrow. Later......
October 16th, 2005 12:49 AM
time is on my side Just got back from the show!!! Great show and had an incredible TIME!!! This is the setlist unless I'm missing something. The sound was great!!! ALMOST FORGOT TUMBLING DICE!!!

1. START ME UP
2. YOU GOT ME ROCKIN'
3. LIVE WITH ME
4. ROUGH JUSTICE
5. TUMBLING DICE
6. RAIN FALL DOWN
7. BITCH
8. WILD HORSES
9. Mr PITIFUL (introductions)
10. THE WORST
11. INFAMY
12. MISS YOU (they moved to B Stage)
13. ONNYA
14. GET OFF MY CLOUD
15. HONKY TONK WOMEN (returning to main stage)
16. SYMPATHY
17. PAINT IT BLACK
18. JJF
19. BROWN SUGAR
20. YCAGWYW (encore)
21. SATISFACTION (encore)

For some reason, they never played It's Only Rock and Roll so we only got 21 songs.

[Edited by time is on my side]
October 16th, 2005 03:39 AM
montana photos by kimberly smith from ajc.com

October 16th, 2005 06:25 AM
charlotte The Rolling Stones at Philips Arena
By Nick Marino | Sunday, October 16, 2005, 12:44 AM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

By Nick Marino [email protected]

Just before Saturday night’s sold-out Rolling Stones concert at Philips Arena, reviewers were given special Stones notepads and glow-in-the-dark Stones pens. The pens only let you write positive comments, one reviewer was told.

This turned out to be true. Every time a critic reached for a negative remark, the pen magically transformed the unflattering description into a note of praise, placed in capital letters for extra impact.

Anyway, about the show: Looking as YOUNG as ever, the Rolling Stones played two hour set led by their HUMBLE leader, Mick Jagger, who took the stage wearing a gold sequined jacket and the tight black pants he was born in.

Much has been written about the Stones combined age, which is approaching 250, but at this point the more interesting figure is their combined weight. Saturday night, none of these stick figure rock stars — not Jagger, Charlie Watts, Ron Wood or PICTURE OF HEALTH Keith Richards — looked like they could withstand the proverbial stiff breeze.

But they did stand their ground to rock, give them credit for that. They rocked long and, occasionally, hard. The hardest rocking stuff included the apocalyptic “Paint It Black” and a new song, “Oh No, Not You Again.” Softer rocking included “Wild Horses” and “You Can’t Always Get What You Want.”

The Brits did not play their much-discussed protest song “Sweet Neo Con.” By now, it seems clear that “Neo Con” was nothing more than a COMPLETELY SINCERE SONG OF CONCERN THAT JUST HAPPENED TO DRUM UP ATTENTION ON THE VERGE OF A MAJOR CONCERT TOUR.

They did, however, pay homage to a Georgian by covering Otis Redding’s “Mr. Pitiful.” It was kind of a sloppy cover, actually, BUT THEY GET POINTS FOR TRYING. The Stones took time out elsewhere to mention our fair state. Jagger introduced keyboardist Chuck Leavell as Macon’s own. He also took time to give somewhat awkward BUT THOUGHTFUL shout-outs to Augusta and Marietta.

Richards, at the onset of leading a bizarre BUT ENDEARING mini-set, actually seemed to say that it was good to be home, then muttered something about “It’s as good as anywhere.” (HE SEEMED TIRED.) Then he said, “OK, Dixie, this is called ‘The Worst,’” and he proceeded to BEAUTIFULLY croon.

Jagger moves incredibly well for a man of any age, but his voice GAINS CHARACTER from his DISTINCTIVELY BRITISH pronunciations. In his mouth, “thank you” sounded like “thagew” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”” came out “Juppy Jag Flask.’”

In the end, though, “Satisfaction” came out nice and clear. The riff is indelible, and the song’s sturdy structure made is strong enough to withstand the pounding, house-rocking arrangement that the band used to finish up the show, complete with a confetti burst. After all these years, it’s amazing that the Rolling Stones can play this song without sounding like a karaoke act. (THAT’S WHY THEY’RE THE WORLD’S GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND.)

October 16th, 2005 10:39 AM
Martha
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm back...Dad left water running in upstairs bathroom sink...flooded kitchen.

Thanks to the kindness of their neighbors I didn't have to deal with it alone.

It is so hard to be an only child when your parents are elderly and frail.

Sorry...had to vent...at least I have you guys/gals to lean on.

LJ.

Oh my gawd,

I am sending you stress reduction prayers......I can't imagine how stressful this scene must have been for you.

My Dad got BIT by the retard neighbors nut case dog last week and had to call the cops, dog warden and ambulance. He's fine thankfully, but it set me on fire especially when my Mother (who is 74) told me the little dog bastard almost attaked her as well.

I totally UNDERSTAND!

love and hugs,
Martha

October 16th, 2005 11:43 AM
gimmekeef Wow..what a blast.Certainly were on fire again!.Setlist was ajoy after Toronto and the sound at back of the floor was amazing.Thanks to the Shidoobees for a great pre-party as the bar was a perfect choice and did a fab job hosting.Thanks to Doug and Jumpin Jack particularly for a helluva time.Highlights included Live With Me;Bitch;Mr Pitiful;ONNYA; and perhaps the best Satisfaction I've heard rivalled only by MSGIII in 98 from 5th row.Oh and of course the sing alongs on Get Off My Cloud and YCAGWYW had the whole audience into it big time.The pace in middle with Wild Horses and Rain dragged abit but not for long.As the tour moves along I think Wont Take Long or Dangerous Beauty would be better choices than Rain imho.No missteps I could pick up on and they were tight.keith picked his spots and was really on for Sympathy,(no longer any signs of a train wreck here) onnya and Satisfaction.Ronnie put in a workmanlike performance with several loud and distinct leads that complimented Keith beautifully.My last show this tour (yeah! Right!!!)and it certainly proved to be outstanding in every way.Thanks to those of you there that shared it with my wife and I...Gold Rings on Y'all...!!!!!
October 16th, 2005 11:48 AM
gimmekeef Damn almost forgot..PAINT IT BLACK TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 16th, 2005 12:10 PM
Jumping Jack Nice to meet you Gimmekeef. It certainly was great show and wonderful pre-party. I got a greeting by my nemesis JB who was nice enough to buy a few rounds of beers and shots which I was happy to return. Got a very nice buzz before the show. I also got to personally deliver a CD from one of his all time favorites, Sir Paul's Miami show. I feel a little guilty as it seemed to cause the mass consumption of Jack Daniels, LOL!

It appeared a great time was had by all. Got to get some Charlotte tickets now. WooHoo.
October 16th, 2005 01:31 PM
Mel Belli Did anyone see Wilco? How were they?
October 16th, 2005 07:22 PM
tumbling dice
great set-list again!
October 16th, 2005 07:50 PM
gustavobala no IORR? ->
October 16th, 2005 11:04 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Did anyone see Wilco? How were they?

Wilco came on stage a little after 7:30 and played for about 45 minutes (a little surprised they didn't play a little longer). Their set was fine playing about 5 or 6 songs from their new album A Ghost Is Born. They mentioned this was the first time they had ever opened for the STONES. Very enjoyable music and glad I got to see most of it. I got the feeling that, even though they were having a blast opening for the STONES, they may have been a little distracted from all of the people coming and going trying to either locate their seats or socializing with friends/acquaintances located nearby.

One thing of interest is about the TIME Wilco went on stage, the Notre Dame- Southern Cal was either still going on or had just finished. I was at Jock and Jills nursing on a couple of brandy & cokes. Nearly everybody there was looking at college football games. On one screen I saw Penn State lose to Michigan on the last play of the game and at about the same TIME Southern Cal went ahead of Notre Dame with about 5 minutes to go in the game. Though I was reluctant to finish up my Brandy and cokes & leave this exciting game behind, I knew if I didn't I would wind up missing a good chunk of Wilco. As it was, I missed about 5 minutes. It could be there may have been others who may have missed parts of Wilco's peformance because they made the choice to finish their drinks at a leisurely pace and finish looking at this most exciting of college football games.

[Edited by time is on my side]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)