ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Female tribute band looking for musicians Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 11th, 2005 04:07 PM
heathor Trying to form an all female Stones tribute here in Los Angeles -
Singer looking for the rest of the band - 2 rhythm/lead guitarists, bass, drums, possibly keyboards...
I have rehearsal space in the Valley
Please PM me for more info!!!
October 11th, 2005 04:53 PM
texile motherfucker!
you need to move to texas baby and you could have the female kieth richards..........
October 11th, 2005 04:59 PM
heathor move to LA - its where its happenin...
October 11th, 2005 05:06 PM
texile it's TEXAS - we have everything here..soul, funk, blues, REAL country, REAL rockabilly, REAL vatobilly..(that's texican)AND we have REAL barbeqoa.....
everything's better with a bilingual twang...
October 11th, 2005 05:44 PM
heathor we got real Mexican here -
and I've got a Tejano band rehearsing next door...
my man cooks a mean BBQ
come on down!
October 11th, 2005 07:17 PM
texile nothing worse than an la texan.....lol;
i was in a stones tribute band a few years ago and it was a blast - but the irony was i was playing with a bunch non-stones fans..so it was hampered to say the least...
what do you play?
October 11th, 2005 07:18 PM
texile but do you have REAL rednecks?
October 11th, 2005 08:07 PM
heathor I'm gonna sing - I can also play rhythm guitar & drums - but I had a great time "Mick'in it up" with some friends of mine on some Stones tunes, so I figured what the hell its worth a shot to get something together.

and yes, despite being here in the land of fruits & nuts - WE GOT REDNECKS - yep yep yepper doo!

in fact, my daddy was a redneck, and I happily answer to tattooed white trash...
no thang...
October 11th, 2005 08:20 PM
texile i can't grasp the concept of a redneck outside of a redneck texas town...but i've been told they exist.
like atlantis - just can't visualize it.....
do you play like a girl?
always loved that question...
October 11th, 2005 08:45 PM
heathor HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!

esp. not drums - Keith Moon's my hero...and therin lies the answer as to why I won't play drums in the Stones tribute - I'd get bored! (sorry Charlie, yr a bit of a yawn...)
October 11th, 2005 08:54 PM
Gazza an all-girl Stones tribute band...thats a pretty interesting (and probably unique) concept!!

Cool website
October 11th, 2005 08:58 PM
texile i always wanted to turn the gender around on some of stones more sexist lyrics......
and empower them with estrogen!
October 11th, 2005 09:22 PM
Mr.Riffhard Do you need some male groupies?
October 11th, 2005 09:29 PM
texile yeah - really turn it around - some dumb guys with big cocks.....
October 11th, 2005 09:37 PM
heathor that's rock n roll baby!

really brings new meaning to Let It Bleed....
October 11th, 2005 09:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
an all-girl Stones tribute band...thats a pretty interesting (and probably unique) concept!!

Cool website

Yes, I think it's unique, closer to this concept is the great Mike Hunt Band with Mick and Keith by a couple of girls Tammy and Jill. First time I heard Tammy saying "Mick Hunt Band" I understood "My cunt Band" LOL

They are so sexy too
October 11th, 2005 10:13 PM
heathor are there any other good Stones message boards I can post this on - I really thought there'd be more rocker chicks out there that would be into this...
anyone...someone...Bueller?
October 11th, 2005 11:23 PM
gorda
quote:
heathor wrote:
Trying to form an all female Stones tribute here in Los Angeles -
Singer looking for the rest of the band - 2 rhythm/lead guitarists, bass, drums, possibly keyboards...
I have rehearsal space in the Valley
Please PM me for more info!!!

Ah, that's cool! Too bad I live in Northern California! Otherwise, I'd join your band.

Oh, that, and also I don't really play, just individual notes. I can pluck open strings Low E, A, D, G, B, and high E. Plus, F and G on the High E string and C and D on the B string, and A on the G string.

Geez! I only got to page 30 in the book, what do you expect?

Actually, my brother said I was wasting my time learning all those individual notes, he said I should just buy a chord book and start learning how to play the songs. I bought two chord books, but I have yet to practice them . . . someday . . .

Guitar-playing is hard! My hand hurts after a while. Keith and Ronnie make it look so easy, but it's not.
[Edited by gorda]
October 12th, 2005 12:35 AM
voodoopug shidoobee.com

iorr.org (mostly European, great moderators but many members that will not be greeted!)

www.maxlugar.com
October 12th, 2005 01:09 AM
56DeSoto I'm a rocker chick specializing in rhythm guitar, but I'm pretty dang busy with my band in New Mexico. I was going to go as Keith Richards for Halloween, but my friends told me I dress like Keith Richards every day.

Best of luck to ya.
October 12th, 2005 01:39 AM
texile 49 mercury!
there aren't that many female rockers who PLAY like a motherfucker.....when my band played in san antonio - a guy came up to me and said ...'there's only one other chick in san antonio that can play like that...'
ahh - empowerment....and i don't even NEED a dick - its all in my rythmn hand.
hey desoto - i'm the devil on rythmn - why don't i see more chicks on lead...?
any theories?
October 12th, 2005 01:40 AM
texile gorda - you are full of surprises....
maybe you can turn those single notes into a lead...
October 12th, 2005 11:27 AM
56DeSoto
quote:
texile wrote:
hey desoto - i'm the devil on rythmn - why don't i see more chicks on lead...?
any theories?

I got into rhythm because I'm a songwriter. That's where I put my energy rather than learning how to fly all over the fretboard. I can play a little slide and can work out solos with a little time, but danged if I'm not happier just strummin' and pickin' and leadin' the band. Maybe us chicks tend to gravitate toward the practical end of music rather than holing up in our bedrooms throughout high school learning how to play like Steve Vai.
October 12th, 2005 12:13 PM
texile
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:

I got into rhythm because I'm a songwriter. That's where I put my energy rather than learning how to fly all over the fretboard. I can play a little slide and can work out solos with a little time, but danged if I'm not happier just strummin' and pickin' and leadin' the band. Maybe us chicks tend to gravitate toward the practical end of music rather than holing up in our bedrooms throughout high school learning how to play like Steve Vai.

or maybe we just have to be provide the backbone....
i grew up with soul music - and the thing i loved about james brown and stax was the groove...and than i discovered keith;
he can do so much with rythmn - he's like a live wire.....
there's alot of steve vai wannabees and they can get away with for the most part but you can't fake rythmn....and THAT'S the appeal - you've got it or you don't;
there's something more primal about it - and unTEACHABLE.
October 12th, 2005 12:22 PM
56DeSoto That's another component: I really wanted to be like Keith Richards, not Mick Taylor. I don't know many (actually any at all) women that idolize players like Eric Johnson or those kind that are considered real bad asses on lead. We don't have a ton of female lead player role models. Bonnie Raitt comes to mind as an awesome slide player.
October 12th, 2005 12:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
heathor wrote:
are there any other good Stones message boards I can post this on - I really thought there'd be more rocker chicks out there that would be into this...
anyone...someone...Bueller?

The best message boards and mailing lists are linked here http://www.rocksoff.org/mbchr.htm

October 12th, 2005 12:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:
told me I dress like Keith Richards every day.

LOL I love ya

Well at least not like Patti Smith in her old good days
October 12th, 2005 01:21 PM
texile
quote:
56DeSoto wrote:
That's another component: I really wanted to be like Keith Richards, not Mick Taylor. I don't know many (actually any at all) women that idolize players like Eric Johnson or those kind that are considered real bad asses on lead. We don't have a ton of female lead player role models. Bonnie Raitt comes to mind as an awesome slide player.

i always say i became keith because, technically - i COULD'NT be taylor....
the truth is - rythmn is king....and i think any true guitarist must perfect it...
i know guys who can't do it - because they were too busy trying to play like clapton or van halen...they have those stiff, awkward movements.....when you're a good rythmn player - you're arm is graceful and loose.....i feel omnipotent when i lay a solid rythmn down.
October 12th, 2005 02:34 PM
heathor I luv rhythm guitar - ever since I picked it up, I gravitated toward Keith -
and being a drummer too makes it easy. I never concentrated on lead because I'm also a songwriter & would rather focus on that (rather than holing up for years playing scales)

Thanks for the heads up on the other boards -
and if ya know anyone in SoCal/LA that's interested - send em my way!
October 12th, 2005 06:10 PM
SheRat I'd look around myspace some more--it's a pretty good resource. If you just search profiles for chicks and "The Rolling Stones" you should be able to find some musicians.

There just don't seem to be that many chick musicians on the RS boards...

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)