ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thank so much Box!
Long John Baldry and Mick Taylor - Lone Star Roadhouse, NYC April 5, 1988
© 1988 Arjem Boxem Thanks Box for sharing it!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Full Information about Buenos Aires gigs (details of hotels, distance and prices) ??!??!? Return to archive
October 11th, 2005 10:20 AM
J.J.Flash Well, since I'm affraid there would be just one lousy fuckin' concert at a beach, I was considering spending until the last dime (which btw I don't have at the moment) watching at least one concert in Buenos Aires. I really will need the maximum information you guys, argentinean neighbours could provide. Hotels nearby Monumental Stadium, its prices, distance between hotel and Stadium and bus station. Also, I would like to know if the tickets are available online yet.

Thanks in advance!

J. Gabriel Batistuta!
October 11th, 2005 01:29 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Hey, Where are u from?
I'm from Zárate,(100km to Buenos Aires).I know the hotels in Buenos Aires.The Rolling Stones was standing in the Hotel Four Seasons (Ex Hyatt, a very expensive hotel, if you have money go to Four Seasons Hotel.Do you want a Five Stars Hotel? 5 Stars Hotels:

Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Dirección: San Martin 1225
RETIRO
Buenos Aires - Argentina

Hotel Madero
Dirección: ROSARIO VERA PEÑALOZA 360
PUERTO MADERO ESTE
BUENOS AIRES - Argentina

4 Stars Hotels:

Hotel Plaza Francia
Dirección: E.Schiaffino 2189
RECOLETA
Buenos aires - Argentina

Sheltown
Dirección: Marcelo T de Alvear 742
CENTRO
Buenos Aires - Argentina

These are the most recommended hotels to one tourist.

About the food: If you can come to Argentina, eat meat.
About the places: Buenos Aires is the one of the best places of Argentina, but if you have time, go to the Iguazu Falls and to the Patagonia. Also you can go to the City of The End of The World: Ushuaia the most southern city of the world.
You can get a taxi to go to the River Plate Stadium.
Visit this site and you'll can see the map of the City: http://mapa.buenosaires.gov.ar/sig/index.phtml

Ok,If You have questions you know, write in this thread.
October 11th, 2005 02:48 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Rolling Stones Argen wrote:
Hey, Where are u from?
I'm from Zárate,(100km to Buenos Aires).I know the hotels in Buenos Aires.The Rolling Stones was standing in the Hotel Four Seasons (Ex Hyatt, a very expensive hotel, if you have money go to Four Seasons Hotel.Do you want a Five Stars Hotel? 5 Stars Hotels:

Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Dirección: San Martin 1225
RETIRO
Buenos Aires - Argentina

Hotel Madero
Dirección: ROSARIO VERA PEÑALOZA 360
PUERTO MADERO ESTE
BUENOS AIRES - Argentina

4 Stars Hotels:

Hotel Plaza Francia
Dirección: E.Schiaffino 2189
RECOLETA
Buenos aires - Argentina

Sheltown
Dirección: Marcelo T de Alvear 742
CENTRO
Buenos Aires - Argentina

These are the most recommended hotels to one tourist.

About the food: If you can come to Argentina, eat meat.
About the places: Buenos Aires is the one of the best places of Argentina, but if you have time, go to the Iguazu Falls and to the Patagonia. Also you can go to the City of The End of The World: Ushuaia the most southern city of the world.
You can get a taxi to go to the River Plate Stadium.
Visit this site and you'll can see the map of the City: http://mapa.buenosaires.gov.ar/sig/index.phtml

Ok,If You have questions you know, write in this thread.

Oh thanks for your fast reply mi hermano... but in fact... I ain't no fancy "tourist" as you said... I'm just a wicked Rock'n'Roller. I'm just interested for the time being, in watching the Stones' gig to happen next february.

What about tickets and distances between those locations I've previously mentioned above.

Awaiting!
October 11th, 2005 03:54 PM
Bruno Stone Hey J.J Flash I`m thinking about the same thing!

That beach-concert stuff seems strange to me, it will probably be a mess, as you said. And the concert-in-Argentina stuff seems great to me, our hermanos are all crazy hardcore Stones fans, aren`t they?

Anyway, I`d need to save A LOT of money.

Contact Madafaka, we could be hosters in his house
October 11th, 2005 04:57 PM
Rolling Stones Argen Ok,well go to one 4 starts hotel. I think it's not very expensive for you,because the prices are in Pesos Argentinos, 1 Peso Argentina=3 Dollars...
Abotu the tickets, we not have an official information yet,but i think VISA will make a pre-sale. It's not confirmed.
October 11th, 2005 05:38 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:
Contact Madafaka, we could be hosters in his house

I'd do it with big pleasure, but I can't mate.

Tell me what do you wanna know.
Tickets aren't on sale yet. It seems to be on sale around 24/10.
Ticket prices:
Low level seats $250, Medium level seats $250, High level seats (no numeration) $150, Floor (no numeration) $125 and Popular (no numeration) $60.
Service Charge:
Low level seats $22, Medium level seats $22, High level seats $14 and Florr $12.
Prices are in Pesos Argentinos ($1 = R$1 more or less. $1 = USD 2.90)
October 12th, 2005 02:33 PM
Bruno Stone Thanks Madafaka, I`ll start to work the idea.
October 12th, 2005 02:37 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Don`t worry about that buddy, I was just kidding

Thank you again for the price list.
October 12th, 2005 11:52 PM
Madafaka You're welcome! Tell me if you need something else.
October 13th, 2005 08:02 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
You're welcome! Tell me if you need something else.

Thanks Maximiliano!

But again, we need some more info like distances between Stadium - Hotel or Stadium - Bus Station (the one handling Brazilian travels), reasonable middle class hotel prices, it's distance, etc.

Thanks in advance!
October 13th, 2005 09:24 AM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Thanks Maximiliano!

But again, we need some more info like distances between Stadium - Hotel or Stadium - Bus Station (the one handling Brazilian travels), reasonable middle class hotel prices, it's distance, etc.

Thanks in advance!

River Plate Stadium is in a district called "Nuñez" and it's so close to everything! Don't worry mate, if you spend your days in a hotel in the centre of the city, you will be in the stadium in about 45' by bus (R$ 0.80)
If you wanna take a taxi, you will be in the stadium in about 20' or 25' (R$ 12)
Buenos Aires is not Sao Paulo, is smaller and traffic jams are on Friday mostly.
Hotels info (in your language!): http://www.buenosaires.com.ar/index_3.html
For more info, just tell me.
I hope this help!
October 13th, 2005 10:06 PM
gorda
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

¿Porqué? ¿Porqué no nos podemos quedar en tu casa?

¡ Vamos a caber todos en la gloria!

¿Qué no quepamos en tu casa?

¡Andale¡ ¡Porfa' . . .! ¡Solo una noche! ¡Di que sí! ¿Sí?

Me acuesto en el sofa . . . y después en la noche si quieres me voy a tu recamara . . .

October 14th, 2005 09:01 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gorda wrote:

¿Porqué? ¿Porqué no nos podemos quedar en tu casa?

¡ Vamos a caber todos en la gloria!

¿Qué no quepamos en tu casa?

¡Andale¡ ¡Porfa' . . .! ¡Solo una noche! ¡Di que sí! ¿Sí?

Me acuesto en el sofa . . . y después en la noche si quieres me voy a tu recamara . . .

You can share an hotel room with Jay Jay. It could be better for you!
October 16th, 2005 04:26 AM
gorda
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

You can share an hotel room with Jay Jay. It could be better for you!

I was just kidding. I live in California, and the Stones are doing several shows here. There is no reason for me to go to Argentina.
October 17th, 2005 09:03 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gorda wrote:
I was just kidding. I live in California, and the Stones are doing several shows here. There is no reason for me to go to Argentina.

Every Stones fan MUST see a Stones show in Buenos Aires! Here, crowd aren't quiet and singing like in a Gospel chorus
[Edited by Madafaka]
October 18th, 2005 12:05 AM
gorda
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Every Stones fan MUST see a Stones show in Buenos Aires! Here, crowd aren't quiet and singing like in a Gospel chorus
[Edited by Madafaka]

I have a bootleg copy of the 1998 Bridges to Babylon concert in Río de Plata. (Something like that.)

Anyways, it looks scarey. All these half-naked people jam-packed into the stadium like sardines. Utter chaos!

My brother and I were watching the concert and he said, "I'll bet you anything, it probably stinks. All those sweaty people!"

Yuck!

I prefer the concerts in America where everything is so organized and everyone has an assigned seat. And, all the people are nicely dressed. And everyone took a shower and is wearing deodorant.

Yeah, it's okay to have a good time, but don't jump on top of me, please!
October 18th, 2005 12:48 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gorda wrote:

I have a bootleg copy of the 1998 Bridges to Babylon concert in Río de Plata. (Something like that.)

Anyways, it looks scarey. All these half-naked people jam-packed into the stadium like sardines. Utter chaos!

My brother and I were watching the concert and he said, "I'll bet you anything, it probably stinks. All those sweaty people!"

Yuck!

I prefer the concerts in America where everything is so organized and everyone has an assigned seat. And, all the people are nicely dressed. And everyone took a shower and is wearing deodorant.

Such a boring way to see a Stones concert!
Pensé que tenías sangre latina en las venas, gorda!
October 18th, 2005 06:43 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gorda wrote:

Yuck!

I bet anything that people in Argentina use to take a shower more than you think and also they wear deodorant.
October 18th, 2005 01:29 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I bet anything that people in Argentina use to take a shower more than you think and also they wear deodorant.

OF COURSE we do!
But gorda seems to be part of high society... Hum... Haha!
October 20th, 2005 01:39 PM
Madafaka So... Who's coming to BA?
October 20th, 2005 02:12 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
So... Who's coming to BA?

I would love... but still don't have enough solid information to make myself feel more comfortable about this travel. Since you are once in a while coming to Brasil, do you have any idea about bus prices and length and duration of this travel?
October 20th, 2005 02:14 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

OF COURSE we do!
But gorda seems to be part of high society... Hum... Haha!

Sorry my friend, in fact I meant:

"I bet anything that people in Argentina use to take a shower more than you DO (referring to Gorda's tasteless joke) and also they wear deodorant."
October 20th, 2005 02:17 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

I would love... but still don't have enough solid information to make myself feel more comfortable about this travel. Since you are once in a while coming to Brasil, do you have any idea about bus prices and length and duration of this travel?

Bus prices from Brazil to Argentina?
October 20th, 2005 04:39 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Bus prices from Brazil to Argentina?

Anything wrong or too weird about that?
October 20th, 2005 08:29 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Anything wrong or too weird about that?

No my friend, nothing wrong, but you live in Sao Paulo.
I've travelled by bus to Florianopolis and I was into the bus 25 hours.
Is not the best choice, IMHO.
I think that is costs around R$400 Floripa-Bs.As.-Floripa.
Do you have credit card? if someone could give you a credit card, the fly Sao Paulo-Bs.As.-Sao Paulo is around R$742. Check this out: http://www.aerolineas.com.ar/index_po.asp?pais=br&idi=po
[Edited by Madafaka]
October 21st, 2005 12:34 AM
gorda
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Sorry my friend, in fact I meant:

"I bet anything that people in Argentina use to take a shower more than you DO (referring to Gorda's tasteless joke) and also they wear deodorant."

Actually, I read that wearing deodorant can cause cancer! (But, I still use it anyways.)

I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, for reals, the people in that video look wild. It's mostly guys with no shirts, and they are all sweaty, and jumping up and down and it's all crowded and stuff! It's fun to watch them, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of that!

P.S. Want to hear something really, really gross? One time, back when I was still in school. My summer job started early, but I still wasn't done with my finals. So, I was getting up early in the morning, to commute to this nearby town, and then in the evening I was going to the college's computer lab to type my papers. So, I would get home really, really late. Like after midnight! Anyways, I don't think I showered that whole entire week! I remember sitting there typing in the computer lab, and I smelled so bad, that even I noticed my own b.o.

And of course, some cute, gorgeous guy came and sat right next to me and tried to talk to me. I was so embarrassed! (I don't know why, but cute guys never come when I look good and I'm all dolled up with make-up. They always approach me when I look like crap and my hairs a mess! Why? Why? Why?)
October 21st, 2005 08:20 AM
Madafaka
quote:
gorda wrote:
I didn't mean to offend anyone. But, for reals, the people in that video look wild. It's mostly guys with no shirts, and they are all sweaty, and jumping up and down and it's all crowded and stuff! It's fun to watch them, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of that!

Más quisieras estar entre tantos hombres sin remeras y calientes! Jajaja!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)