ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones take drug counselor on road Return to archive
19th October 2006 06:41 AM
Nellcote By Carol Beggy & Mark Shanahan, Globe Staff | October 19, 2006

After all these years, you'd think the Rolling Stones would have addressed their substance-abuse issues, but apparently not. We're told that the World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band has enlisted Arlington-based drug and alcohol counselor Woody Giessman to join them on the road for the remainder of their US tour. Giessman, a onetime rocker who drummed for the Boston-based Del Fuegos in the '80s, is the founder and CEO of Right Turn, a nonprofit agency that helps entertainers deal with drug and alcohol problems. The Stones, who played at Gillette Stadium last month, are legendary partiers whose taste for the night life seems not to have ebbed even in old age. Guitarist Keith Richards has long since kicked his heroin habit -- an addiction that nearly killed him in the '70s -- but some Stones fans have raised questions about the sobriety of Ron Wood, whose performance on this tour has been erratic at best. (At 59, Wood is the babe of the band.) Contacted yesterday, Giessman wouldn't say what, if anything, he's doing for the band. The Stones, who play a show in El Paso tomorrow, conclude their tour at Dodger Stadium on Nov. 18.

http://www.boston.com/ae/celebrity/articles/2006/10/19/stones_take_drug_counselor_on_road?mode=PF

Of course, the reporters do not consider the tour stop in Hawaii on 22 November as being part of the US Tour, no?

19th October 2006 07:19 AM
Gazza Intriguing if true, even if the stuff about Woody being the Stone whose lifestyle is the one which concerns fans the most is somewhat out of date

First I've heard that Keith's addiction in the 70's "nearly killed him", and its not often you read an article describing Woody as a "babe"

[Edited by Gazza]
19th October 2006 08:44 AM
Nellcote I already fired off an email to them about
the US Tour ending in LA, Hawaii is not a "bastard child"...
19th October 2006 09:21 AM
mojoman the del fuego's drummer? thought he was a childrens music player or something. substance coounselor for the stones thats a big step bigger than the del fuego's ever where. sad that the boys need this maybe corporate required it. anyways its sad sad sad.
[Edited by mojoman]
19th October 2006 09:52 AM
Taptrick
I'm a CADAC - how do I apply?

19th October 2006 09:53 AM
Some Guy please don't let this get out.
19th October 2006 10:05 AM
nanatod
quote:
mojoman wrote:
the del fuego's drummer? thought he was a childrens music player or something.

Dan Zanes, their lead singer, is the Del Fuego who is releasing children's music.
19th October 2006 10:06 AM
nankerphelge It's not a bad idea really.

I think I will do the same.

TomL is now my offical on-the-road Stones party counselor.

I feel better already!

What's that?

Oh sure, here ya go:

Joey?

19th October 2006 10:07 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Intriguing if true, even if the stuff about Woody being the Stone whose lifestyle is the one which concerns fans the most is somewhat out of date

First I've heard that Keith's addiction in the 70's "nearly killed him", and its not often you read an article describing Woody as a "babe"

[Edited by Gazza]

Where was this guy 20 years ago when I needed him?
And Gazza, I always thought Ronnie was a babe.

19th October 2006 10:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
It's not a bad idea really.

I think I will do the same.

TomL is now my offical on-the-road Stones party counselor.

I feel better already!

What's that?

Oh sure, here ya go:

Joey?

You have made a wise choice.
TomL is the man for the job!
19th October 2006 10:48 AM
Saint Sway what disturbs me most is that this story came from Boston dot com.

Which can only mean one thing....

it was leaked by Cohl, to the media, to start the Boston press drumming up interest for the Stones at Fleet Center in January

oh yes...

Ladies & Gentleman...

BOSTON VIII

get the tarps ready!
19th October 2006 10:52 AM
glencar Maybe they all care about Blondie more than we realized!!!
19th October 2006 10:56 AM
Nellcote Check Gillette 1 thread, I posted that Gahden (formerly Fleet) was discussed for Wintah '07 at that time....
19th October 2006 10:59 AM
glencar Nellcote, get yerself to AC. That'll be the last blast!
19th October 2006 11:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Maybe they all care about Blondie more than we realized!!!

dry posting at its finest!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)