ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why the Rolling stones Fan club should send me a ticket...?? Return to archive
18th October 2006 10:58 AM
Paranoid_Android Everyone should claim they have cancer with 3 months to live...

What was your reason?
18th October 2006 11:09 AM
throbby I'm flexible. I'll go in drag, I'll go in stag!
18th October 2006 11:10 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Everyone should claim they have cancer with 3 months to live...

What was your reason?

It is a lost cause, they will give them out to whomever they want to and few here will get the tickets!

On a side note, joking that you have terminal cancer to go to a fucking Stones Concert is about as dumb an idea I have ever heard. As several members of my family have died from cancer, I can assure you that none of them were worried about a stones concert and went through a very painful death.

Stupidest suggestion I have seen in some times!
18th October 2006 11:10 AM
SweetVirginia
Scorsese would probably rather have guys in drag in the audience than chemo patients.

18th October 2006 11:17 AM
Saint Sway Dear Pug,

Stroke This!

Love,

Keith

18th October 2006 11:20 AM
SweetVirginia

He had the 24-hour stroke.

18th October 2006 11:20 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

It is a lost cause, they will give them out to whomever they want to and few here will get the tickets!

On a side note, joking that you have terminal cancer to go to a fucking Stones Concert is about as dumb an idea I have ever heard. As several members of my family have died from cancer, I can assure you that none of them were worried about a stones concert and went through a very painful death.

Stupidest suggestion I have seen in some times!

WOW! Didn't mean to offend you mate...just a throwback to just about every stupid sit-com where the kid fakes illness to get something special...change cancer to any other non-offensive condition...I would, but I already said it.
18th October 2006 11:23 AM
throbby Can't wait to hear a recording of last night's show.
18th October 2006 11:33 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Dear Pug,

Stroke This!

Love,

Keith

Is this proof of Keith playing like his old self? So we are now going by pictures of Keith looking alert or feisty to see if he played well and didn't have a stroke? Any Corky can hold a single-finger barre chord down and make a face at the audience. Can anyone tell me he played well for a change last night?
18th October 2006 11:36 AM
throbby There is a audio clip of She Was Hot on the IORR site, the "tell me" section courtesy of Drake. See what you make of it and report back.
18th October 2006 11:37 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Is this proof of Keith playing like his old self? So we are now going by pictures of Keith looking alert or feisty to see if he played well and didn't have a stroke? Any Corky can hold a single-finger barre chord down and make a face at the audience. Can anyone tell me he played well for a change last night?

Maxy, my beloved friend, trust me on this one, no sense arguing this cause, there are far too many people who wear blinders and are unable and unwilling to accept anything other than "roses and kittens".

Nice to see you post again though.
18th October 2006 11:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'll defer judgment on the 'playing' until I hear it, but the photos have seen him looking like shit at several previous shows compared to the pictures posted from Seattle. Having read, been e-mailed and been told verbally various eye witness reports (which I've taken as reliable)in the last month that he was barely able to move or bend and looked disorientated, lifeless and in agony, none of the photos published today suggest that to have been the case last night. That alone is a step in the right direction
[Edited by Gazza]
18th October 2006 11:47 AM
pdog I said "I'd go and have a good fucking time."

I don't think my answer goes very far and I don't even expect it to be read or that it mattered.

Ialso never go the email, so thanks to my friends who sent me the links.
18th October 2006 11:51 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll defer judgment on the 'playing' until I hear it, but the photos have seen him looking like shit at several previous shows compared to the pictures posted from Seattle. Having read, been e-mailed and been told verbally various eye witness reports (which I've taken as reliable)in the last month that he was barely able to move or bend and looked disorientated, lifeless and in agony, none of the photos published today suggest that to have been the case last night. That alone is a step in the right direction
[Edited by Gazza]

I hope your are right and this is a step in the right direction.
18th October 2006 12:47 PM
monkey_man I've been second guessing what I wrote since yesterday!! I coulda been more creative. I was just trying to get it in not realizing that you have another week. They aren't going to read them all. . .it's just a numbers game. I did include the info that I was traveling across country for the AC show. . .
18th October 2006 01:00 PM
Mr Jimmy Why should the Rolling stones Fan club should send me a ticket...??

How about this:

Because I was going to be in Mexico, I gave away a ticket for the Gillette show in fifth row section3 for absolutely free... a great seat. I blew my legacy passcode to buy it in the presale.

I even hand delivered the ticket and I haven't heard a word from
the recipient... nothing... not a peep. It's been almost a month since
the concert.

If there are any Rolling Stone gods, I'd love to somehow get a ticket for the Beacon Show.
18th October 2006 01:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Why should the Rolling stones Fan club should send me a ticket...??

How about this:

Because I was going to be in Mexico, I gave away a ticket for the Gillette show in fifth row section3 for absolutely free... a great seat. I blew my legacy passcode to buy it in the presale.

the concert.

If there are any Rolling Stone gods, I'd love to somehow get a ticket for the Beacon Show.

I also gave away 4 tickets to the Soldier Field show, one did not thank me and that is an awful feeling!

Shame on them for not appreciating your kindness!

i applaud you.
18th October 2006 04:45 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

How about this:

the concert.

For what it's worth, Mr Jimmy, I hope you get one. I really do.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
18th October 2006 04:48 PM
chevysales
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

How about this:

the concert.

your shittin' me?

the freebie award winner said nada?
18th October 2006 05:48 PM
Saint Sway this is exactly what I wrote:

----------------
Dear Rolling Stones,

As a successful owner of a large tarp manufacturing company (wink, wink) it is my greatest joy to see you play in the Beacon and to help you out in any way that my company can at future shows (wink, wink). As I tell my Union friends, you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours...

----------------
18th October 2006 09:25 PM
Paranoid_Android

Great shot...but really...Keith looks like his bladder just dropped!!!
19th October 2006 10:59 AM
egon ""Why the Rolling stones Fan club should send me a ticket...?? ""

Cos they fucking owe us!
19th October 2006 11:02 AM
glencar Keith looks so fierce!
19th October 2006 11:31 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I said "I'd go and have a good fucking time."

Good answer!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)