ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Did Seattle sell out? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th October 2006 10:49 AM
Green Tea How many people at the show last night?
18th October 2006 10:55 AM
Gazza http://www.novogate.com/board/968/232173-1.html

see newspaper review - sold about two-thirds of the tickets
18th October 2006 12:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
http://www.novogate.com/board/968/232173-1.html

see newspaper review - sold about two-thirds of the tickets

What a fantastic crowd! We should be happy that they are able to fill up a little over 60% of the seats at a concert! Everything is great! Best sounding the band has been in decades! Shame on all of you who are disgusted by hits such as "Start Me Up", "IORR", and others played many nights, as well as those who are concerned with the sales of tickets and choice of venue! This has been a fantastic idea coming back to the states this fall and all of us have been rewarded!!!
18th October 2006 12:11 PM
throbby I'm sensing an EGO issue here.
18th October 2006 12:12 PM
LadyJane Where is jb???

LJ.
18th October 2006 12:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Where is jb???

LJ.

still upset about the Summit, refusing to post.
18th October 2006 12:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Where is jb???

shopping at "Tarps 'r Us"

[Edited by Saint Sway]
18th October 2006 01:04 PM
jb 60% 0f 50k offered would be about 30k!!! Incredibly low...we are making excuses for them when in reality, they are, as predicted, playing to wide open stadiums.
18th October 2006 01:08 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
60% 0f 50k offered would be about 30k!!! Incredibly low...we are making excuses for them when in reality, they are, as predicted, playing to wide open stadiums.

I don't think the Seattle stadium is that big.
18th October 2006 01:11 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

It is Friggin HUGE ( see : Paris Hilton's Cha Cha )

18th October 2006 01:14 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is Friggin HUGE ( see : Paris Hilton's Cha Cha )

18th October 2006 01:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Oh , MY !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now THAT is Postin' folks.
18th October 2006 01:23 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Dan wrote:

Capacity for this concert was 53k.
18th October 2006 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Capacity for this concert was 53k.

So only 35, 333?
18th October 2006 01:31 PM
voodoopug were tarps present?
18th October 2006 04:50 PM
trevcourt Yes. Mr. and Mrs. Leonard Tarps came in from Tacoma for the show.
18th October 2006 05:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

Its bigger, actually.

per wikipedia the capacity is : 67,000 (expandable to 72,000 for special events)

Even allowing for the lower figure, thats a venue similar in size to Gillette Stadium.

Would probably have been capable therefore of holding 55,000 or so for a Stones concert. A bit crazy to book somewhere that size in a city where they had played an arena show a year earlier, so I guess two thirds full would indicate a turn out of somewhere between 35-38,000
18th October 2006 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Its bigger, actually.

per wikipedia the capacity is : 67,000 (expandable to 72,000 for special events)

Even allowing for the lower figure, thats a venue similar in size to Gillette Stadium.

Would probably have been capable therefore of holding 55,000 or so for a Stones concert. A bit crazy to book somewhere that size in a city where they had played an arena show a year earlier, so I guess two thirds full would indicate a turn out of somewhere between 35-38,000

18th October 2006 05:30 PM
Nellcote So, forgive my logic here:
If the attendance is 38K , which may be more than two nights of arena shows @ 19K a show, without having to multiply out the entire overhead factor that two shows carries, does this make The Stones juggernaut tour machine unhappy, or does it infuriate long time fans who think they must sell 66K in seats to be considered a positive thing.
I submit to you that The Stones are happy with attendance which exceeds two arena shows, where everything beyond that number is money for "their kids". In summary, the phrase "doing it for the kids", is dead on.
18th October 2006 05:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, forgive my logic here:
If the attendance is 38K , which may be more than two nights of arena shows @ 19K a show, without having to multiply out the entire overhead factor that two shows carries, does this make The Stones juggernaut tour machine unhappy, or does it infuriate long time fans who think they must sell 66K in seats to be considered a positive thing.
I submit to you that The Stones are happy with attendance which exceeds two arena shows, where everything beyond that number is money for "their kids". In summary, the phrase "doing it for the kids", is dead on.

18th October 2006 05:38 PM
telecaster
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, forgive my logic here:

You are a very smart man Nelly

The cost is huge to have their crew sit around for another night
18th October 2006 05:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
were tarps present?

18th October 2006 10:02 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
throbby wrote:
I'm sensing an EGO issue here.

love the new signature, throbby. I can hear Mick's accent bleed through.
19th October 2006 04:19 AM
just wanna see his.. All this talk about tickets and capacity has inspired me to post. My friend works in ticket sales and told me that the seattle show wasn't selling all that well so they were giving tickets away. That's how I went; my friend got them as a tip at the coffe shop he works at. They were nose-bleed seats (row MM) but that was ok because it was easy to walk around the venue and hang out where the sound was good.

The best sounding song was YCAGWYW. The worst: Midnight Rambler because the harmonica was ear-pearcing.

I would have loved to hear Hot Stuff or Fingerprint File, but I got my money's worth anyway.
19th October 2006 04:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
just wanna see his.. wrote:
I would have loved to hear Hot Stuff or Fingerprint File, but I got my money's worth anyway.

well its hard not to, when your tickets were free!!!

thanks for posting
19th October 2006 10:36 AM
Joey
quote:
just wanna see his.. wrote:
.... has inspired me to post.

Inspiration is what this board is all about !

Kins .
19th October 2006 10:39 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

You are a very smart man Nelly

The cost is huge to have their crew sit around for another night

The bottom line is they are not selling well...we are "happy" that 5-60k seat arenas have 30-38k? Yes, it is still profitable, but what a hit to the bands image.
19th October 2006 10:47 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

The bottom line is they are not selling well...we are "happy" that 5-60k seat arenas have 30-38k? Yes, it is still profitable, but what a hit to the bands image.

There are some who consider this a "smashing success".
19th October 2006 10:53 AM
jb Many Stones fans are in dep denial about their decline.
19th October 2006 10:56 AM
glencar Did anyone lose money on this show? That defines success.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)