ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anybody write songs 'round here? Return to archive
18th October 2006 12:14 AM
Prodigal Son Me, I put together music and lyrics together but have not combined too many of these because right now, I don't go around playing music to people. It has stayed within the confines of my private life, so I don't usually bother much even though it's fun. Does anyone have any lyrics they'd like to share. I thought I'd show y'all my fancy for lyrics. My best way to do it is re-write some of your fave songs with your own words. I've got a few good 'uns and here's one I call "Death Becomes You." It's based on the word pattern to Dylan's "Jokerman."

The kings of this planet, they might complain
That they have to make advances feeding off people's pain
And though you may be apprehensive to it
The changing world’s gonna give you screaming fits
Till you’re staring at the vixen
You’ll be a smothered, blithering animal of circumstance
Ordered to ride out with your diamond-studded lance

Chorus:
Iron-clad beast gonna slide in at noon
Crumbling sculptures fade into the blue/Death, death becomes you

Something sweet I sense in the howling wind
You’re numb to the rigours of the very thing that surrounds you
Through your coke-bottled eyes, you grasp for the tongue
Thinking it’ll mute the noise for good, but nothing will come undone
Why not give in to the endless carnival ride?
Will Hare Krishnas and buddhists rush to your side?

Chorus--->

HD TV and stereo sound, guaranteed not to corrode
Half price no money down
Love 2.99 a minute away, capriciously someone will launch the nukes as of today/While the picket signs make slogans, you cower in your house
Vetoing your instincts, and the fire in the canyon is doused

Chorus--->

Flying saucers of social ailments, come zooming at some and turn their whole lives into stone walls
Read the fine print, the brackets are key to unlocking scams and inventing phony conspiracies
Animals are crying, for all their misery to cease
You can hold in your breathe but be careful on your release

Chorus--->

Yes that blade of goodwill can slice as it heals
Do you figure empathy will come from the rafters of ideals?
False-hearted archers shoot arrows of clay
Hoping to freeze immune warriors who revel in their trades
Homer’s Odyssey is engraved on the slopes of your mind
And learning from evangelists won’t erase the wrath of mankind

Chorus--->

It’s a padlocked door, it’s immaculately sealed
The war comes home to roost if you abandon the child in the wheat fields
You’re gonna sigh and slump meekly on that Persian leather couch
Not even a fighter jet could destroy your permanent slouch
In the dining cart of the off-white runaway train
Shadows cause you to step despondently into the rain

Chorus--->

Time skips away on the rainbow of guilt
The years go into hyperspace when no foundation is built
Recovering from a fall that could kill any man
You are not affected the worst you ever do is spill some jam
The world is arming itself for a vigilant fight
You’ll still tip-toe the boardwalk, glowing like the tender moonlight

Chorus--->

Dylan does this better, IMO, but still... Worth a shot. The lyrics sometimes make no sense, but do his ever seem sensical? It's about... nothing. Just like "Jokerman" seems to be although you can find any message you feel like.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
18th October 2006 12:21 AM
MrPleasant Be careful. Some people like to steal.
18th October 2006 12:51 AM
Prodigal Son
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Be careful. Some people like to steal.

Ohhh, crap. Good point. Meh, I've got others so if someone wants to steal from the net go ahead. Now, what if they made it a hit? I have all the proof that I came up with! Then again, I would be ridiculed for re-writing a tune in the first place!!! Haha, how odd.
18th October 2006 03:18 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

Ohhh, crap. Good point. Meh, I've got others so if someone wants to steal from the net go ahead. Now, what if they made it a hit? I have all the proof that I came up with! Then again, I would be ridiculed for re-writing a tune in the first place!!! Haha, how odd.

Keno owns it.

18th October 2006 06:41 AM
Jumacfly I do.
It's called "funk you twice"
but thanks to my poor english nobody will steal it !!
18th October 2006 08:52 AM
corgi37 I got tonnes of songs. Why dont you record your vocals, and i can add drums & guitar plus other little bits from computer?

I got my garage studio mostly done. Got some snazzy mic stands off ebay and i simply could not resist a phaser pedal that was going really cheap last month. I did a track with Starbuck last year. Stop breaking down. I liked the results, but i dont think he did, as he never emailed me any more stuff! hahaha. The music business is a bitch. lol.

If ya wanna hear my track, pm me you email and i'll send it to you. Its only 4.5mg. Trouble is, i stuffed up the timing because i could hardly hear it with the headphones. Its great fun though. I've rejigged my computer, and while i fiddle with the setting of my mixer, i am doing MY versions of old songs. Late 60's stuff is great because the separation is so complete. IE: Light my fire. I took out the drums (as i hate Densmore's style) and added my own. Also, i am adding a bit of rythm guitar in the background. I am also planning on adding drums to No expectations and GnR's Patience.
19th October 2006 09:39 AM
NHStonesfan "Anybody write songs 'round here?"

Isn't that the Counting Crowes? Drum roll please
19th October 2006 12:38 PM
Jumacfly http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=-8842588012676363232&q=Wds
19th October 2006 10:25 PM
Paranoid_Android If you have ANYTHING that you consider valuble or At least anything you dont want stolen...you need to copyright it...you may put all your songs lyrics togehter...each having a title...and call it a collection or anthology...and only be charged for one copyright.

http://www.copyright.gov/register/literary.html

I have written a few comic book scripts...and even though they probobly would never get published...I made darn sure my sweat does not get ripped off..it is an easy process.

BTW...a poor man's copyright (mailing it to yourself with a certified postmark) DOES NOT count....for the reason that you can mail yourself an empty envelope that is not perma-sealed...then when the time comes...take something else that belonbgs to someone else and seal it then.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)