ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2 week countdown for Beacon shows. (updates re; Ticket sales to be posted here) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th October 2006 08:54 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yes..the e-mail sent out states that "Only Fan Club members have the chance to win tickets to both of these amazing shows".

Whether that means that the ONLY public tickets being sold are being distributed via this contest or whether it means there will be a regular online sale as well (for fan club members), isnt apparent from that statement. I hope its the latter, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

yet there are brokers offering tickets for this show....in which case, if theyre genuine, Cohl and the Stones have obviously cut a deal with them too....
[Edited by Gazza]

Hey - I'm not saying this is not shitty, but they have a right to offer their work as artists any way they want. And it is their choice. They are not Cole's puppets.

Because this is being filmed, I would say one's best bet is not to say you are their "biggest fan" (emphasis on "biggest")....but send a pic of yourself as an attractive young woman dressed in high end or trendy clothes...

18th October 2006 09:09 AM
Gazza I wasnt going anyway, but hey - I might have a few pix of myself in the style you suggest, so THAT might work...!
18th October 2006 10:23 AM
Gazza For those of you about to lose hope with this contest nonsense, an interesting take on things on IORR from ed2004 ;

In the US there are strict laws for contests and prizes. Specifically, if money is required to redeem the prize, it must be prominently disclosed. I don't read any requirement for payment in the terms and conditions on rs.com, so the tickets in this contest have to be free.

I find it hard to believe that they are giving away 3,000+ tickets aways for free, especially considering the press coverage that tickets would be $35 or $50. I don't that think they would give more than a few hundred tickets away, if even that. Which would mean a general or fan club sale is still probably in the works.

18th October 2006 12:31 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

fairer than the Licks tour when (gasp) you could use your membership to buy tickets online in a presale in plenty of time to organise a flight and hotel?

The Licks tour membership had geographical limitations as to where you could buy tickets from for club shows. I wasn't "allowed" to buy tickets for Roseland living in California. My brother living in NYC was able to buy so I could go.
[Edited by monkey_man]
18th October 2006 12:46 PM
Bitch http://rollingstones.com/beacon

Thats the link, anyone can enter and you dont need to be a member of RS.com.

I hope the winners will be chosen randomly rather than based on the essay question, since mine was not very well thought out. HELL, life is random sometimes, isn't it?

life is random

life is random

life is random
18th October 2006 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

The Licks tour membership had geographical limitations as to where you could buy tickets from for club shows. I wasn't "allowed" to buy tickets for Roseland living in California. My brother living in NYC was able to buy so I could go.
[Edited by monkey_man]

You also couldnt access presales for US shows if you lived outside the US and Canada. AFAIK, the phenomenon for 'regionalising' ticket sales isnt something that was limited to the Stones tour, but was some daft local rule

When the tour left North America, anyone could access presales for the shows during the rest of the tour, regardless of what part of the world they lived in.
18th October 2006 04:55 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:

life is random

life is random

life is random

I detect a pattern there!
18th October 2006 07:18 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For those of you about to lose hope with this contest nonsense, an interesting take on things on IORR from ed2004 ;

In the US there are strict laws for contests and prizes. Specifically, if money is required to redeem the prize, it must be prominently disclosed. I don't read any requirement for payment in the terms and conditions on rs.com, so the tickets in this contest have to be free.

I find it hard to believe that they are giving away 3,000+ tickets aways for free, especially considering the press coverage that tickets would be $35 or $50. I don't that think they would give more than a few hundred tickets away, if even that. Which would mean a general or fan club sale is still probably in the works.

Exactly.

They'll dole out a handful of freebies for each show - same as the On Stage contests - and the rest will be available for sale.

Still no how and when for that, though...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)