ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blondie Chaplin, Chicago- October 10, 2006- Return to archive
12th October 2006 06:06 PM
Saint Sway I assume someone at the Chicago Summit will be texting the set list in for this...

LJ? Parmeda? PDMeg?
12th October 2006 06:19 PM
robpop funny shit
13th October 2006 12:04 AM
erikjjf The gig was October 10th.
13th October 2006 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
The gig was October 10th.

thank you

please post your review
13th October 2006 11:15 AM
erikjjf I wasn't there.
13th October 2006 11:15 AM
voodoopug
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
I wasn't there.

Did you find out the attendance???
13th October 2006 11:19 AM
erikjjf No.
13th October 2006 11:22 AM
Saint Sway I heard Blondie out sold the entire 300 level at Soldier Field!
13th October 2006 11:22 AM
Some Guy This sticky don't stick?
13th October 2006 11:24 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This sticky don't stick?

I blame Jaxx
13th October 2006 03:39 PM
F505 Blondie and his parents

13th October 2006 03:50 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
F505 wrote:
Blondie and his parents

Funny, they look younger than him. I am jealous of the fro.
13th October 2006 03:55 PM
FotiniD
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Funny, they look younger than him. I am jealous of the fro.

That was my first thought too. Not the fro part, the other one.

And the Blondie gig? Now, that's a good guess for a "wide open"
13th October 2006 04:29 PM
Saint Sway was Joey's name mentioned during this show?
13th October 2006 04:56 PM
nanatod
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
And the Blondie gig? Now, that's a good guess for a "wide open"

Not so fast. He was playing with Nick Tremulis, whose got enough personal friends in Chicago that Fitzgerald's could have been full.

Plus, Tremulis has a part time radio gig with WXRT, so both on his show and on other shows, the Fitzgeralds gig could have been plugged so many times that the sheep who listen to XRT would show up.

Tremulis also has connections to the Corgan clan, the various Poi Dog players, and local dance divas like Shay Jones and Shawn Christopher. If Tremulis can sell out Metro on his own for his benefit shows for the Neon Street Center, he can sell out the smaller Fitzgeralds.

http://www.answers.com/topic/nicholas-tremulis

[Edited by nanatod]
13th October 2006 05:08 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:
Blondie and his parents

They should look more disappointed...
13th October 2006 05:11 PM
Nellcote Did anyone go to MAC's show?
13th October 2006 05:22 PM
nanatod Nellcote, he's STILL in town playing Fitzgeralds for the third day in a row. Maybe I can convince the better half to go tonight if she's not too tired from the work week.
13th October 2006 05:25 PM
Nellcote Convince her, or go on your own, not to be missed!
13th October 2006 07:37 PM
Lethargy Blondie is the freakiest looking dude I have ever seen. He looks like a cross between Lindsey Buckingham and Buckwheat.
14th October 2006 11:49 AM
MikeyC613
quote:
glencar wrote:
They should look more disappointed...

HAHAHA
14th October 2006 07:38 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Did anyone go to MAC's show?

We didn't get to go...
16th October 2006 10:28 AM
nanatod
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Convince her, or go on your own, not to be missed!

She was too tired so I went on my own. Had an Italian sausage at Buena Beef on Roosevelt, found parking across from Fitzgeralds and got there just as opening band was starting. Doorman told me that no Stones had showed up on Wednesday or Thursday. Woman at the bar told me that no Stones other than the expected Blondie showed for the Tuesday Tremulis / Blondie set.

Mac's band did not have Morlix in it, so Newcomb handled all the guitar work. Mac and his band played for a little over 2 hours, but because I'm not real familiar with the Faces catalog and his solo stuff, the only songs I recognized were Itchykoo Park and Mystifies Me. A lot of the rest of the audience seemed to know the words to just about every song Mac and the band did, though.

Mac's voice sounded a little hoarse, and he drank tea throughout, although he had a Guiness a couple of songs before the encore.

In between songs, Mac continuously praised Ronnie Laine, and sarcastically refused to slag Rod Stewart. Mac made a comment about how he did not want to see any more presidents named George Bush, and he noted that he now is a voter [ie. a U.S. citizen].

The venue was not packed wall to wall as I have sometimes seen it, but it was a pretty good crowd, considering it was the third day the band played there. Some people left early, and others showed up about half way through Mac's set.

People who like the Faces and McLagan would really have liked this show, because Fitzgeralds is a very small venue, and everyone had the chance to be a few feet from Mac and the band.

I did not enjoy this show as much as the rest of the audience due to my unfamiliarity with the "setlist."
16th October 2006 12:54 PM
Saint Sway "Blondie delivered the best live show this town has seen since the guy with the cape! Thumbs Up!!!" ~ Roger Ebert, Chicago Tribune

16th October 2006 01:04 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"Blondie delivered the best live show this town has seen since the guy with the cape! Thumbs Up!!!" ~ Roger Ebert, Chicago Tribune

Saint Sway, you are my second favorite poster on this board (after voodoopug), but you are dead wrong on this.

1. Ebert is still rehabing from his cancer.
2. Ebert has not attended theatrical screenings, much less live music for the last couple of months. In fact, his first movie review wasn't until last Friday, and it was based on a dvd/screener.
3. Ebert has never written for the Tribune. It is a badge of honor for him that he has written for the Sun-Times since 1967.
16th October 2006 01:15 PM
Saint Sway sorry nanatod. I meant to attribute the quote to Gene Siskel.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
16th October 2006 01:17 PM
nanatod dude is dead.
16th October 2006 01:45 PM
Nellcote Thanks Nanatod!
Pick-Rise & Shine, or Bumps Live from his site, they are keepers!
[Edited by Nellcote]
18th October 2006 06:36 PM
Gazza VoodooAllie sent me a link to a blog which contains a video of Blondie, Paul Butterfield, and Rick Danko from 1980. Blondie sings "Semolina" at about the 18:30 min. mark.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2006/10/paul_butterfiel.html
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)