ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Soldier Field, Chicago- October 11, 2006- Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
11th October 2006 10:43 PM
Riffhard Time for cruise control. Good show though. I wonder how Keith's fingers held up in the cold weather?

Riffy
11th October 2006 10:47 PM
SweetVirginia
I just text'd Meg to ask about Keith. If Pope Jameson I allows her to answer I'll let you know.

What a great setlist. I'm happy for our friends.

SV

11th October 2006 10:53 PM
mrhipfl yup, great set list. I'm looking forward to a high of 84 degrees tomorrow afternoon. I gotta get some sleep, good night all.
11th October 2006 10:59 PM
fireontheplatter never never stop

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
11th October 2006 11:10 PM
SweetVirginia
I asked Meg how Keith is holding up. She says "so so".

The cold must be hell on him.

11th October 2006 11:14 PM
fireontheplatter only a few more songs to go...

this has been a wonderful experience....

thank you for posting the songs, whoever you are
11th October 2006 11:27 PM
Riffhard
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I asked Meg how Keith is holding up. She says "so so".

The cold must be hell on him.

So so is not a good thing to hear. Cold weather is no good for arthritis. I will awaiting a full review. At least the setlist was kickin. Hopefully Keith had his typical flashes of brilliance. Thanks for the updates SV!!

Riffy
11th October 2006 11:30 PM
Madafaka SHE WAS HOT!
11th October 2006 11:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
SHE WAS HOT!

....but Keith's fingers were not.

Riffy
11th October 2006 11:36 PM
SweetVirginia
Well, I just watched the final fireworks on the webcam link that was posted earlier. It's over.

The Shidoobees have not updated the setlist since Satisfaction, but we must have had 2 encore songs.

I'm so happy for LJ, Meg, GTRM, Nanky, TomL, Glencar, Tele, Pammy, Pug....

11th October 2006 11:39 PM
Madafaka I'd like to see more ROers pix!
11th October 2006 11:41 PM
SweetVirginia
Mada...did you look through this whole thread? There are pretty many considering they were transmitting by camera phone.

I'm sure they took some "real" photos, too. Maybe they will post them tomorrow.

SV
11th October 2006 11:48 PM
Madafaka I just can see this one:

11th October 2006 11:51 PM
SweetVirginia
Oh! I'm sorry. The others are in another thread...Chicago Summit.

Link here:

http://novogate.com/board/968/232004-1.html

SV

11th October 2006 11:51 PM
Madafaka
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Oh! I'm sorry. The others are in another thread...Chicago Summit.

Link here:

http://novogate.com/board/968/232004-1.html

SV

Now we're talking!
Thanks!
12th October 2006 01:45 AM
maumau 18 songs and no smu!
chicago must have been really cold and dump!
12th October 2006 02:21 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Nice!
12th October 2006 02:42 AM
robpop How were the "piss" lines. I hope nobody slipped and fell because of frozen urine.

"She was Hot" I wish I was there to see the live debut.
12th October 2006 02:46 AM
FotiniD It seems like they're reading the board alright "She was Hot"! Well, they couldn't have missed this one at Chicago.

Loved the summit photos. Now, that's a good time! Can't wait to read the reviews on the show.
12th October 2006 03:03 AM
Jeep From Chicago Tribune :

Hail, hail rock 'n' roll, but hold the hail
By Gerry Doyle
Tribune staff reporter
Published October 11, 2006, 9:23 PM CDT

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-061011stones-weather,1,1062714.story

Wednesday night's triple bill at Soldier Field: The Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello and an unexpected special guest, Old Man Winter.

But the knife-edged, chilling wind and occasional droplets of rain didn't keep away throngs of music fans, who were piling into the stadium hours before opener Costello's first chord. Bundled into layers of Rolling Stones gear, some sipping warm—or warming—beverages, the young, old, first-timers and veterans all seemed oblivious to the weather as they strode through the gates.

Temperatures plummeted into the low 40s as the sun set, but Rich Kaczmarek, 41, of New Lenox said it wouldn't slow him, and certainly not "the greatest rock `n' roll band in the world."

"You just dress warmly," said Kaczmarek, who was there with his wife, Karen, 41. "Once people are dancing and having fun, it's nice. … Mick's a great showman. It doesn't matter if it's raining or cold."

Nearby, waiting for his father with his brother and mother, stood Jamie Porter, 11, attending his first concert. Clad in a jacket, hooded sweatshirt, jeans and a Rolling Stones knit cap, he watched his brother Matt, 16, play hackey-sack and said he was excited "just to see `em."

"Their dad is a huge Stones fan" who saw his first show at age 14, said the boys' mother, Kelly, 45. He was worried that the band, started in the 60s in London, might not be around much longer. "That's why my husband insisted that [the boys] come. They might break up. Or worse."

Matt Porter, whose ensemble included a Stones T-shirt and boxer shorts, a Doors hooded sweatshirt and winter coat, said he wasn't worried about watching from inside the chilly, exposed stadium.

"It's a better experience," he said. "You appreciate the music more."

With westerly winds expected to reach up to 35 m.p.h. downtown tonight, temperatures will keep dropping down until reaching about 35 degrees in unusually cold fall weather, National Weather Service meteorologist Casey Sullivan said.

Thursday morning will bring little relief. Winds are expected to drop down to about 10 to 20 m.p.h. but temperatures are still will only hit the low-30s around sunrise, and rise into the 40s during the day, Sullivan said.

"It's going to be considerably cool for October. The normal high is in the mid-60s, so this will be about 20 degrees below normal," he said, adding that there may be some sprinkles or even snow flurries during the day.

Bill Sincere, 49, of Theresa, Wis., and his son-in-law Steve Froelich, 37, of West Bend, Wis., probably wouldn't have been cold wherever they set up shop. After parking their mini-van, they fired up a gas-powered generator, opened the tailgate, strung up Rolling Stones-themed Christmas lights, got the disco ball twirling and, most important, blasted Stones classics from a full-sized stereo they brought with them.

But Wednesday night, they lucked out, scoring a parking space inside Soldier Field's heated garage. Shouting over the Keith Richards' jangling guitar, Sincere explained that neither he nor Froelich were worried about what they'd experience when they ventured outside. The two men have been seeing shows together for more than a decade.

"I've got videos where they play in the rain," Sincere said. "If they're willing to play, I'm willing to listen."
12th October 2006 03:08 AM
Jeep Article and video from Chicago CBS2. They're so cold !!!

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_284071828.html
12th October 2006 03:18 AM
Altamont
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Article and video from Chicago CBS2. They're so cold !!!

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/local_story_284071828.html

Fer fucks sake, Mick looks like Inspector Gadget in that video!!!

[Edited by Altamont]
12th October 2006 03:35 AM
Poplar

gotta throw the badge at ya Altamont. That was first degree A-List Postin.
12th October 2006 03:50 AM
parmeda Now, now...don't make fun of Mick and what he was wearing, lol He looked pretty damn good to me!

(Note to Luxy: New Jacket Alert!!! I thought of you instantly )

Voo? Gazza?
I just sent you some more pics.
I need to go thaw myself.
I'll write more after I've had some sleep.

btw...WHAT A SHOW!!!!!
12th October 2006 04:38 AM
Altamont Mediocre setlist.

I think JB predicted this
[Edited by Altamont]
12th October 2006 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Now, now...don't make fun of Mick and what he was wearing, lol He looked pretty damn good to me!

(Note to Luxy: New Jacket Alert!!! I thought of you instantly )

Voo? Gazza?
I just sent you some more pics.
I need to go thaw myself.
I'll write more after I've had some sleep.

btw...WHAT A SHOW!!!!!

thanks, babe. Glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to wait til I get home to upload them though as I cant access either my home e-mail or photobucket from work

It looked very cold. Not a good idea to schedule an iutdoor show at this time of year - plus they obviously cut it short because of the temperature.
12th October 2006 05:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It looked very cold. Not a good idea to schedule an iutdoor show at this time of year - plus they obviously cut it short because of the temperature.

Yeah, one of the main reasons they never tour Europe during autumn / winter is the bad weather, but yet that didn't stop them in the States.

That Cohl is one greedy thoughtless manager, if you ask me

On the other hand, the Stones could have insisted they played indoors. All this cold can't be good for Keith's hands.
12th October 2006 05:43 AM
Monkeytonk-man Sweet Jesus,

for me, that just about looks like the finest set list yet,

You Got Me rocking as an opener - holy crap I would have dropped my load! Brilliant

I am so Jelous, bring on Europe and more of the same.
12th October 2006 06:03 AM
Nellcote SHE WAS HOT-WICKED PISSAH!!
12th October 2006 07:38 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Parmeda pix

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)