ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthday, Chuck ! Return to archive
October 17th, 2004 07:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 78, (I think on Monday.)

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 17th, 2004 08:57 PM
J.J.Flash I swear the God fellow Motsie I would left this board....if this thread was about Fuck Leavell...

Rock on Chuck Berry. Without you we probably would not be wasting our time here.
October 17th, 2004 09:08 PM
Gazza I thought it was kinda funny that for all of his career up to around 1986, Chuck claimed he was born in 1931 and not 1926 (which is what most biographers claimed) - and then in 1986 when it was suggested that he had a 60th birthday concert (which would have a spin off album, film and therefore generate lots of cash) he suddenly got his memory back!
October 17th, 2004 09:40 PM
gotdablouse hehe...that sounds like Chuck allright ;-)
That "Hail, Hail Rock'n'Roll" movie for his 60th is really a great one, too bad Keith seems to have lost the energy he had at the time :-(
[Edited by gotdablouse]
October 17th, 2004 09:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
too bad Keith seems to have lost the energy he had at the time :-(

The Stones not were touring with big $$$ still...
October 17th, 2004 10:34 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I thought it was kinda funny that for all of his career up to around 1986, Chuck claimed he was born in 1931 and not 1926 (which is what most biographers claimed) - and then in 1986 when it was suggested that he had a 60th birthday concert (which would have a spin off album, film and therefore generate lots of cash) he suddenly got his memory back!

Ask Wolfgang Güll. He knows everything regarding Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis.
October 18th, 2004 12:54 AM
Poplar
As Keith says: "Anybody who goes out with the intention of out-rocking Chuck Berry is wasting their time."

October 18th, 2004 01:24 AM
gypsy Happy Birthday to Chuck Leavell--the greatest bearded musician of all time!

Wait? Oh, Chuck Berry you say?
Happy Birthday Chuck Berry!
I've been listenin' to Chuck since I was a little bitty thang in Devil's Elbow, Missouri.
Chuck was the big thing at my Dad's High School Reunion this past July. All these 60-year-old men attempting Chuck's duck walk was hilarious.
October 18th, 2004 02:47 AM
glencar Man, he old.
October 18th, 2004 03:19 AM
gypsy He's young at heart though. I have to say that, due to the fact that Chuck has some footage of me using the restroom at his chicken joint in Missouri from the 80's...
October 18th, 2004 04:41 AM
beer any of ya eaten at his restaraunts? well, don't be surprised if yo ass is famous, yo!

what a sick bastard.
October 18th, 2004 05:26 AM
F505
quote:
beer wrote:
any of ya eaten at his restaraunts? well, don't be surprised if yo ass is famous, yo!

what a sick bastard.

indeed a sick bastard (who made some great tunes.) Luckily his rstaurants haven't spread to Europe...but we have Bill's burger king
October 18th, 2004 12:08 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff I love CHUCK BERRY

But I saw the last pics and I became sad...
But he's a human legend anyway

Tell who's the queen standing over by the record machine------
In the evening of the day down in Mobile, Alabama....

two random lyrycs