ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Warren Zevon Tribute (nsc) Return to archive
October 16th, 2004 09:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon feat. "Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon" is great tribute album feat. Bruce Springsteen, Jackson Browne, Bob Dylan, Pixies, Ry Cooder, Bonnie Raitt, Van Dyke Parks...

On October 19th, Artemis Records is set to release a very special tribute album entitled "Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon". the album features many of zevon’s best-known songs performed by a stunning array of artists including Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Jackson Browne, Adam Sandler, Don Henley, Pixies and many more.
Also included are two never-before-released Warren Zevon-penned songs: "Studebaker" performed by Zevon's son, Jordan Zevon with background vocals provided by The wallflowers’ Jakob Dylan, and "The wind" performed by Billy Bob Thornton. Llegendary arranger Van Dyke Parks adds string arrangements to the beautiful "Keep Me In Your Heart", performed by Jorge Calderon and Jennifer Warnes.

Bruce Springsteen pays homage to his late friend during the spoken introduction to his live track contribution, "My Ride's Here," calling Warren Zevon "one of the great, great American songwriters". "Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon" is co-executive produced by Jorge Calderon and Jordan Zevon.
Jorge Calderon co-produced and co-wrote Warren Zevon's final album, the two-time Grammy-winning, gold-certified "The Wind". Jorge Calderon commented "This record is a celebration of Warren Zevon's music, and Warren, being a true artist's artist, attracted some of the best folks in Contemporary music thus making it a very special party".
Jordan Zevon added: "I'm so proud of this record and the diverse line-up of artists that participated. Hearing Dad's songs voiced by such an eclectic collection of artists reminds you of what a brilliant songwriter he was". Warren Zevon passed away on September 7th, 2003.

The album "Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon" is already one of the best-selling album in pre-orders now... Maybe number one in The US album Charts next week. Don't forget out to check out Warren Zevon official website.

"Enjoy Every Sandwich: The Songs of Warren Zevon" album tracklisting:
"Searching For A Heart" - Don Henley *
"Werewolves of London" - Adam Sandler **
"Reconsider Me" - Steve Earle ****
"Poor Poor Pitiful Me" - Jackson Browne with Bonnie Raitt **
"My Ride's Here" (live) - Bruce Springsteen
"Lawyers, Guns, & Money" - Wallflowers *
"Studebaker" - Jordan Zevon ***
"The Wind" - Billy Bob Thornton *
"Splendid Isolation" - Pete Yorn ***
"Mutineer" (live) - Bob Dylan
"Monkey Wash Donkey Rinse" - David Lindley and Ry Cooder *
"Don't Let Us Get Sick" - Jill Sobule *****
"Ain't That Pretty At All" - Pixies
"Keep Me In Your Heart" - Jorge Calderon/ Jennifer Warnes *
"Keep Me In Your Heart" (strings only) – arranged by Van Dyke Parks

October 16th, 2004 10:09 PM
Phog If it's got Dylan and the Pixies I'm in. C'mon Tuesday!