ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: mick will be at alfie's premier (nsc) Return to archive
October 14th, 2004 11:39 AM
moy LONDON (Reuters) - Jude Law is to hit the red carpets of Leicester Square Thursday for the premiere of "Alfie," a remake of the 1960s classic about a philosophizing Cockney's life of girls and graft.

Law takes on the role originally crafted by archetypal Londoner Michael Caine, though the tale that shocked first time around with its cheeky take on easy sex has moved to New York.

"Alfie's exhausting. I couldn't live like that, man. It's always on - performing, selling, being, 'Hey, girl'," Law has said of his title role in one of the half a dozen or so films he has had a hand in this autumn.

The sharp-suited Alfie is recreated as a limousine driver to the New York wealthy, with a long-suffering sort-of girlfriend Julie (Marisa Tomei) growing increasingly tired of his antics.

Law's libido is matched by the successful Liz, played by the equally productive Oscar winner Susan Sarandon.

Accompanying Law will be co-star and girlfriend Sienna Miller, whom he met on set, as well as Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger and ex-Eurythmics singer-songwriter Dave Stewart, who together did the movie's sound track.

Upcoming soul singer Joss Stone performs on three songs, including the title track.

Paramount Pictures had pushed Alfie's release back two weeks to avoid clashing with Ben Affleck's "Surviving Christmas," juggling to avoid the rash of other films featuring the 31-year-old British actor.
October 14th, 2004 01:12 PM
gimmekeef This movie must be real crap if they're afraid of going up against a Ben Affleck flick....
October 14th, 2004 03:16 PM
glencar No what makes it crap is that Susie Srandon is playing a libidinous chick. What's she, 70?
October 14th, 2004 06:42 PM
Gazza Well, the original film with Michael Caine is excellent. these remakes are rarely as good.

There was an interview with Dave Stewart on the ITN News Channel today which I caught bits of. He said Mick will be at the New York premiere too - I think he said it was next Monday
October 14th, 2004 06:59 PM
glencar Next Monday? Hmmm...
October 14th, 2004 10:04 PM
Soldatti Maybe Mick can boost a little his new song, it's doing very slow on Airplay.
October 15th, 2004 04:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Next Monday? Hmmm...

yeah I was specifically thinkin' about you when I heard it. LOL. I hope i got the date right. Best maybe to check your local press to make sure.