ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: anyone saving for the next tour yet? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 13th, 2004 02:13 PM
Monkeytonkman I know this is a bit sad, but I'm starting to put away a little dosh for the next tour, even though fuck all is official yet. I think that this makes me a bit of a sad twat. but what i wanna know is if there is anyone else out there as sad as me?

I got a dream people! next Tour of Europe, I'm gonna get into my camper van and go on a tour of the countries that they play in, trying to see them at least once in every country before heading off to the next one.

Ideally they may finish off in the UK at Wembley and that would just put the cherry onto my personal european tour!

you heard it here. Thats the dream baby - LIVE the dream!

See 'round europe hopefully - summer '06
October 13th, 2004 02:42 PM
mickmask Sad Twats Unite!!
....me too.
mm.
October 13th, 2004 02:43 PM
jb I thought the album was in 05 and tour in 06?
October 13th, 2004 02:45 PM
gypsy Why, yes, I am! I'm saving myself for joey, or josh, or maybe tele...I don't know yet.
October 13th, 2004 02:47 PM
erikjjf Album in 2005, tour in 2005.
October 13th, 2004 02:47 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Why, yes, I am! I'm saving myself for joey, or josh, or maybe tele...I don't know yet.

Look at it this way gypsy. joey doesn't know how to please a woman, josh doesn't care to, and I have made it my lifes work

Come to me

I am George W. telecaster and I have approved this message
October 13th, 2004 02:49 PM
gypsy Shhh. I just wrote that to make them think they had a chance. You and I both know they don't.
October 13th, 2004 02:52 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
Album in 2005, tour in 2005.

Why did you leave the chat room like that!!!!
October 13th, 2004 03:02 PM
Monkeytonkman I thought - in regards to the tour:

Album mid 2005, followed by the start of tour, finishing off in europe Summer following year - this co-incides with the new wembly opening

October 13th, 2004 03:04 PM
jb
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
I thought - in regards to the tour:

Album mid 2005, followed by the start of tour, finishing off in europe Summer following year - this co-incides with the new wembly opening

..I thought Mick saids that in one of those "Alfie" interviews....2006....why must swedish erikjjf doubt me...why???????????
October 13th, 2004 03:10 PM
Saint Sway as far as saving for the next tour...

sadly I'm still in dept from the last one

but I've been earning extra money from donations at sperm banks. I figure by the end of October I will have made enough donations to have enough for a ticket at Madison Square Garden and as a bonus I will have helped impregnate more woman than Mick.
October 13th, 2004 03:16 PM
Bloozehound whoever, whatever, whenever, wherever, however much -- I'll be there.

why ?

cuz I'm SuperStonesFan

always have been....always will be
October 13th, 2004 03:31 PM
glencar Save? Why do we have Joshy around here if not for treating us all to a show in Miami?
October 13th, 2004 04:10 PM
gypsy He's a greedy Jew.
Oh, oops! Did I say that out loud?
I'm trying to instigate him into disproving the "greedy Jew" stereotype--and then, maybe, just maybe, he will foot the bill for an RO gathering in Miami.
October 13th, 2004 04:12 PM
Joey

<----- I thought the album was in 05 and tour in 06?

Yeah , me too little buddy !
October 13th, 2004 04:13 PM
glencar I work with the owrst sterotyped jew you could imagine. Joshy is nothing like that. This other guy takes pleasure in fighting with waiters/salespeople. It's about the fight AND the money.
October 13th, 2004 04:14 PM
glencar Both '05 Joey. Read up next time.
October 13th, 2004 04:15 PM
gypsy glencar, now joey's going to run to the BOG and snort snot and shit liquid.
October 13th, 2004 04:45 PM
kath i'm thinkin' josh does those things (not necessarily the shit liquid part...)

and i'm always planning on saving for a tour, but life gets in the way....car repairs, house repairs, blahblahblah...not to mention the train fare to florida to meet up with my main jewboyjosh.....
October 13th, 2004 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
glencar, now joey's going to run to the BOG and snort snot and shit liquid.

I keep rolls of toilet paper at my desk .

..it's true .
October 13th, 2004 06:00 PM
kahoosier Oh my gosh...I join in on the sad group! I have a "secret" savings account already tucked away and growing. The other half still hasn't fuigured out that some of our scalped tickets cost more than the airline tickets to get to the show!My addiction to live Stones is probably getting to be as expensive as any of the old ones that I have had hahaha!
[Edited by kahoosier]
October 13th, 2004 06:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
I know this is a bit sad, but I'm starting to put away a little dosh for the next tour, even though fuck all is official yet. I think that this makes me a bit of a sad twat. but what i wanna know is if there is anyone else out there as sad as me?

I got a dream people! next Tour of Europe, I'm gonna get into my camper van and go on a tour of the countries that they play in, trying to see them at least once in every country before heading off to the next one.

Ideally they may finish off in the UK at Wembley and that would just put the cherry onto my personal european tour!

you heard it here. Thats the dream baby - LIVE the dream!

See 'round europe hopefully - summer '06

I'm still paying off the debts I accrued on the Voodoo Lounge tour. I kid you not. Each tour since 1982 I decide I'll get a grip of myself and go to less shows, but I end up going to more than I did the previous tour. Next time I'll probably go to a lot less as I doubt the tickets will be any more reasonably priced and the only stadium show I plan on seeing will be Wembley I guess. But then, flights are also getting a lot cheaper, so......
October 13th, 2004 06:41 PM
iluvmickjagger07 DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH STATES AND CITIES THEY GOING TO COME TO? ARE THEY COMING TO DALLAS? THEY BETTER!! AND ABOUT HOW MUCH ARE GOOD FRONT ROW TICKETS?
October 13th, 2004 06:47 PM
Gazza No. if we did, we'd be talking about it.

Front row seats??? Forget it
October 13th, 2004 08:03 PM
Soldatti I'm saving since 1998...
I will buy the stage when they go here
October 13th, 2004 08:17 PM
LadyJane My Stones fund just took a major hit from my weekend in Shidoobee world, but I have plenty of time to replenish.

And then there is plastic...ready to be activated at a moment's notice.

This really could be the last time...all bets are off. I've got to see as many shows as possible. Hopefully in the company of many, many RO'ers!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
October 13th, 2004 08:19 PM
glencar LJ, did you fly down there or drive? You're going places these days!
October 13th, 2004 09:39 PM
Soldatti
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
This really could be the last time...all bets are off.

Sad but true.
October 13th, 2004 09:54 PM
Dan I will wait until the official announcement until I start making plans. I am more excited about the Judas Priest tour for 2005, other than that I have no idea who is rumored or planning on being on the road.
I also promised to go to less gigs this year and its been over 60 so far. I think.
October 13th, 2004 09:55 PM
Dan
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Sad but true.

I am immune to such petty attempts at emotional blackmail.
Page: 1 2