ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What do your children think of the Stones? Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 11th, 2004 04:17 PM
F505 Do your children think they are cool?
October 11th, 2004 04:24 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Do your children think they are cool?

Yes..they have been listening to them since they were born...I promised the boys(8 and 11) that if there is a next time, I would take them...My little one does a great version singing thr "do do do" pats on the brussels version of HB and the older one loves 'Fool to cry"....they make their old man proud
October 11th, 2004 04:47 PM
Gazza Mine didnt like them, so I had them shot
October 11th, 2004 05:14 PM
Angiegirl I don't have kids. I was too afraid they wouldn't like 'em.
October 11th, 2004 05:25 PM
eharms325 I took our 3 and 6 year old boys to see them at the Sarstock in Toronto. They loved it. I will be taking them again on the next tour, and I hope we can closer seats than in Toronto.
October 11th, 2004 05:38 PM
kmc have taken my now 21 year old son to last two tours. said it's the best act he's ever seen. though he was slightly shocked when some sloshed middle aged woman started doing the bump with his father during a fast number.

he listens occasionally to the greatest hits, but not complete albums.

at 13, i wanted to strangle him when he somehow scratched my japanese "hot rocks" cd.

on his own, he went out and bought me the u.s. version. not exactly the same, but how can you stay mad at a kid who was listening to the stones!
October 11th, 2004 05:46 PM
Joey

The Joey has NO kids ..................Thank Friggin God !!!!

D. J. Jazzy Jo Jo Bean !
October 11th, 2004 05:47 PM
thejuf those who can,do. those who can't teach. (g.b.shaw)

every year I have some 240 children on board(teaching) .
I never stop talking about the Stones and they all seem to respect the Stones! I know some of them went to Stones gigs, together with their parents and grandparents!

i.e., today I had an interesting conversation with a 14 year old who had become interested in the Stones simply by watching the Toronto Miss You version with friggin' J.Timberlake on MTV.

the juf

October 11th, 2004 06:05 PM
kath i have no kids, but my gawd daughter (now 33) is a big stones fan (her mom isn't, so she got it from ME) and HER daughter is getting a stones shirt from her grand gawdmother for xmas.

gotta start 'em out young, you know....
October 11th, 2004 06:51 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Joey wrote:

The Joey has NO kids ..................Thank Friggin God !!!!

D. J. Jazzy Jo Jo Bean !

Due to your narrow urethra, and large anal cavity?
October 11th, 2004 06:55 PM
gypsy no...due to his high consumption of chiba. the joey is sterile.

i don't have kids either. i don't want 'em. and no, i don't feel like my life would be complete if i had kids. my life would suck. i wouldn't be able to look at their little faces whilst snorting a line of coke, etc...
October 12th, 2004 07:15 AM
egon I am a kid
October 12th, 2004 07:43 AM
charlotte My 7 year old son and I listen to Exile of Main Street every morning on the way to school. It was his idea after hearing it being played a few times around the house.
October 12th, 2004 08:04 AM
L&A
quote:
egon wrote:
I am a kid

October 12th, 2004 09:05 AM
Joey
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

Due to your narrow urethra, and large anal cavity?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October 12th, 2004 09:09 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

i don't have kids either. i don't want 'em. and no, .... i wouldn't be able to look at their little faces whilst snorting a line of coke, etc...

Come to Joey ...........................

W- W- W- What ?!?! ....Oh , sure :

" I'm like a connoisseur of champagne cognac
The perfume nearly beats the taste
I eat an oyster and I feel the contact
But more than one would be a waste
Some people want an endless line that's true
But all I have is a little time with you
A smile sets me reeling
A kiss feel like stealing
Your love is like heroin
This addict is mellowing
I can't pretend that I'm tough
Just a little is enough..............."

Jacky T.

http://www.wdkeller.com/index17.htm

October 12th, 2004 09:34 AM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:
no...due to his high consumption of chiba. the joey is sterile.

i don't have kids either. i don't want 'em. and no, i don't feel like my life would be complete if i had kids. my life would suck. i wouldn't be able to look at their little faces whilst snorting a line of coke, etc...

So if I have a vasectomy, we have a chance?
October 12th, 2004 12:38 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
So if I have a vasectomy, we have a chance?

The Debate Wednesday Evening is Critical !

John Kerry needs to " Close the Deal " and soon !

I , however , desperately need to pee ......and you's ?!?!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERSEY !
October 12th, 2004 01:39 PM
kath me too gypsy...i never wanted 'em, never liked 'em, still don't. i don't feel my life would have been "enriched" in any way. in fact, i always knew that my temper would be bad news for any kid that fucked up.....

i knew when i was 12 that i shouldn't have kids.....

(i DO have josh, and that is more than enough frustration for any one person....)
[Edited by kath]
October 12th, 2004 01:48 PM
nankerphelge My older daughter (14) used to like them. But about 4 years ago, she started listening to different things. She gets tired of the old man pushing the Stones on her!

My younger daughter (11) once said "how can anyone not like the Stones" - referring to her sister and winning major brownie points from dad. She also likes AC/DC. She wants to go to the Stones and AC/DC shows. She will likely marry a biker named Spike and police shall visit my house often -- I can just tell!
October 12th, 2004 01:49 PM
F505 For the elderly on this board: what do your grandchildren think of the Stones?
October 12th, 2004 02:07 PM
kath
quote:
Due to your narrow urethra,

i love king of the hill.....what a great show.

also love futurama, which is now relegated to "adult swim" late at night.....
October 12th, 2004 02:37 PM
magicwoman i have no children.But my 2 little cousins from 8 and 6 laught about me.When they see keiths pictures.And they said i am a weird one
[Edited by magicwoman]
October 12th, 2004 02:40 PM
jb Most 30-50 yr old Jews like the Stones....
October 12th, 2004 02:50 PM
Joey " Most 30-50 yr old Jews like the Stones.... "

<------- And THE WHO !!!!!!!!!!!

Yes , little buddy .

Jacky !
October 12th, 2004 03:09 PM
kath
quote:
Most 30-50 yr old Jews like the Stones....

i rest my case.....
October 12th, 2004 03:13 PM
Nellcote My son has had the most exposure. He's gets a kick out of Keith, thinks Ron is hip. My daughter was interested in the duet Jagger will have w/ Joss Stone. Our neighbor is a dead ringer for Charlie, so it's always good for a laugh.

Hey JB, as Curt Schilling says...
"WHY NOT US?"
October 12th, 2004 03:24 PM
gypsy Thanks, kath. I'm glad to know that someone else feels the same way. I love other people's kids...I'm good with them. But I am a real neat-freak, and I just don't think I could handle it. I practically raised my younger sister, and I missed out on a lot of my childhood. There are so many things I still want to do--travel the world--and a kid just doesn't fit into my plans. I have enough trouble taking care of myself.

I don't know josh. How much money do you plan on making next year? We also still need to discuss your neurological condition and your life insurance policy.
October 12th, 2004 03:28 PM
glencar 3 of my 5 kids love the Stones. I don't talk to the other 2. But they'll still get an inheritance.
October 12th, 2004 03:32 PM
F505 I know someone of you is the father of mickjaggersgrl but is afraid to admit it. So who?
Page: 1 2