ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fan Club thoughts Return to archive
October 11th, 2004 12:25 PM
Saint Sway at the very start of the Licks Tour I reluctantly plunked down $100 for membership in the Stones fan club - just so I could secure tix to a show

it worked out OK for me. I got a pair at the 1st Gillete Show around the 35 yard line, 1st level off the field.

I remember it didnt work out as well for many others though. I recall reading quite a few threads here from disgruntled fans who forked over the $100 for membership and then wound up with really lousy seats

so now another tour is about to get under way and naturally I'm told that my membership needs to be renewed. This time I'm hesitant to pay again in fear that I'll wind up like many others did and regret that I paid for what basically is a bullshit scalpers fee tacked on by the Stones to their fans

anyone else hesitant to do this again? Your thoughts, please
October 11th, 2004 12:41 PM
jb The fan club offers the fans an opportunity to purchase, at very reasonable rates, premium seats, ticket packages, and merchandise not availble to the general public. The fan club also offers you the opportunity to score club gig seats by purchasing their very reasonably priced "trifecta" package of arena, club, and stadium venues. In addition, the behind the scenes footage/video is priceless and well worth the nominal fee. Thanks to the fan club, we the true fans, can finally get some "satisfaction". Thanks again to the band, Michael and Jake Cohl, and all the rest of the great people who maked the fan club the best !!!!
[Edited by jb]
October 11th, 2004 01:00 PM
Saint Sway Wow jb! how much are they paying you to come up with that stuff?
October 11th, 2004 01:25 PM
egon Just pay it. somehow, some day, it will all be worth it.
October 11th, 2004 07:48 PM
Soldatti The fans club sucks very bad, they didn't have the news about Live Licks still...
October 11th, 2004 09:42 PM
Scot Rocks A joke, 60 quid a year, every year, no way I can afford that at the moment.
October 12th, 2004 01:18 PM
tumbled call me a sucker. I forked over the money impulsively due to addiction and now I can no longer log in to rs.com I get "access denied" from any location. needless to say I'm not pleased
October 12th, 2004 01:29 PM
gimmekeef I'd rather give the $100 to a scalper.At least their trying to make an "honest" living..Cohl can eat shheeeeaattttt
October 12th, 2004 01:31 PM
Gimme Shelter Whatever happened to the DVD we are supposed to get with our membership?
October 12th, 2004 03:13 PM
marko What,you paid membership ones,and now you have to pay it
again?Whats the point?
October 12th, 2004 03:57 PM
tumbled I know its insane. no reason, its just to get what they can get I think because the technical inadequacies are far worse this year than last year and they have more money to work with so I'm asking for a refund as did gomper (who got one I think)
October 12th, 2004 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'd rather give the $100 to a scalper.At least their trying to make an "honest" living..Cohl can eat shheeeeaattttt

Michael Cohl is a brilliant Canadian Jew who has made untold millions for the Stones since taking over their tour promotions in 89....he is simply the best in the business...he does the same for the despicble U2...
October 12th, 2004 04:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
jb wrote:
Michael Cohl is a brilliant Canadian Jew who has made untold millions for the Stones since taking over their tour promotions in 89....he is simply the best in the business...he does the same for the despicble U2...

unfortuately Cohls jewishness has rubbed off on Mick and Keith
October 12th, 2004 04:05 PM
jb
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

unfortuately Cohls jewishness has rubbed off on Mick and Keith

Oh no Bloozehound, Mick and Keith were alwasy Jewish when it came to the $$$$$...Cohl just took them to the promised land....
October 12th, 2004 04:08 PM
glencar And how!
October 12th, 2004 04:18 PM
Mikey
quote:
glencar wrote:
"and how"

How about the Stones playing that private party for David Bonderman (Texas Pacific group - private equity firm) in Vegas at the Hard Rock. $13 mill for 40 minutes.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/03/30/1048653912136.html?oneclick=true
October 12th, 2004 07:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
Whatever happened to the DVD we are supposed to get with our membership?

hah! Apparently if you ask this question on the rs.com message board, it gets deleted by the admins. Its happened to lots of people.

I think there must be some consumer watchdog out there somewhere who could make a field day out of this scam, but theres probably enough gullible Stones fans who still think this was a great idea and who arent bothered about it.

October 12th, 2004 08:04 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i bought the four flicks dvd and it said i would get a one month free membership but i didnt.
October 12th, 2004 08:06 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i bought the four flicks dvd and it said i would get a one month free membership but i didnt. whats up with that
October 12th, 2004 08:24 PM
caro The thought of spending 100$ in order to maybe get a ticket "if there happened to be a tour someday" is sheer madness to me -- but that's up to you to decide. But in any case, shouldn't you wait until they announce the tour? I can't imagine that they will be wicked enough to make a difference between the people who registered early and those who'll wait for the tour to start...
I had read somewhere (I think it was Shidoobee) that the Stones were starting to get irritated at the people from rs.com, I don't remember whether they considered suing them or firing them...Does anyone remember that story?
If the people from the website get fired, your 100$ will probably pay their lawyer fees...
October 12th, 2004 09:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
i bought the four flicks dvd and it said i would get a one month free membership but i didnt. whats up with that

Maybe if you buy Live Licks they will gave you 15 days free membership...
October 13th, 2004 05:18 AM
egon Have faith people. Just pay them another usd 100 or so and all your dreams will come true!
October 13th, 2004 08:56 PM
Gazza I think youre gonna need to pray to the nuns of the Sacred Bleeding Heart of Jesus for THAT dream to come true!
October 13th, 2004 09:05 PM
gypsy rs.com is one big rip-off.
Thank God we have Rocks Off, Shidoobee, IORR, and others. I wish the Stones would hire us to run one of their official websites. We'd make them proud. Well, joey wouldn't. So, let's not tell him. But then again, having joey would make us look good--like we're helping the mentally-challenged.
October 13th, 2004 09:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think youre gonna need to pray to the nuns of the Sacred Bleeding Heart of Jesus for THAT dream to come true!

October 13th, 2004 09:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gypsy wrote:
rs.com is one big rip-off.
Thank God we have Rocks Off, Shidoobee, IORR, and others.

Thanks God!!!
October 13th, 2004 11:58 PM
Dear Doctor I was a guest at the premeire party for the r & r circus party on monday in nyc

I got free booze , free t-shirt and stones cup and free posters. everyone was very nice

I spoke to someone at the website and the first thing i said was wheres my cd?

interestingly I was told it should be coming out shortly

btw .. I got free tickets to the movie also

the fan club I believe is really trying to make things better, expect some good things soon. some things are out of their hands

and this is coming from a cynic of the exploits of this band at times
October 14th, 2004 06:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:
rs.com is one big rip-off.
Thank God we have Rocks Off, Shidoobee, IORR, and others. I wish the Stones would hire us to run one of their official websites.

Gypsy. The whole reason this site was set up in the first place was simply because the then official site (set up for the BTB tour) was so bad with news and updates that most of the info people were relying on was due to a few of us supplying it on their message board. Some people actually suggested at the time they should let US take over the webmastering instead.

Unfortunately, the admins allowed the message board to spiral into sheer insanity with all the "Stonesbabe/Flynn" spam nonsense that was on it, so we jumped ship and started the "Goin' Home" site, which then evolved into this one.

So, its been crappy for years - but at least back then whilst it might have been a crock of shit, at least it was "FREE" shit.
October 14th, 2004 06:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dear Doctor wrote:
I was a guest at the premeire party for the r & r circus party on monday in nyc

I got free booze , free t-shirt and stones cup and free posters. everyone was very nice

I spoke to someone at the website and the first thing i said was wheres my cd?

interestingly I was told it should be coming out shortly

btw .. I got free tickets to the movie also

the fan club I believe is really trying to make things better, expect some good things soon. some things are out of their hands

and this is coming from a cynic of the exploits of this band at times

I hope you're right and its good to see you had a good night at the premiere. However the whole concept of asking people for ANY money for priority tickets on a tour that MAY or MAY NOT be announced at some point within the yearof your membership is scandalous. Look at it this way - if you sign up one day before any tickets go on sale, youre not going to be any worse off than the people who joined several months or a year earlier.

And if theyre trying to make things better - well, a simple message on their website ASSURING people that any problems are being looked into and that they'll RECEIVE their DVD in due course might ease a LOT of cynicism and concerns at a stroke. Even an e-mail would do. They send enough circular e-mails with OTHER offers - even to people like me who didnt renew their subscription! Deleting posts on message boards enquiring about the DVD by people who have forked out $100 for the 'privilege' doesnt exactly fill people with confidence or trust.
October 14th, 2004 09:43 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Gypsy. The whole reason this site was set up in the first place was simply because the then official site (set up for the BTB tour) was so bad with news and updates that most of the info people were relying on was due to a few of us supplying it on their message board.

Things didn't change too much since then, the BTB site sucked and this new one is a cash in machine.