ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© Aloha a Dutch magazine with Hawaiian name - Thank you again The Juf!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CSN&Y Tour (nsc) Return to archive
October 10th, 2004 06:22 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Reunion for Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young reunite for CSNY2K tour

The notoriously quarrelsome rock group Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young have said they intend to hit the road together after a break of more than 25 years.
The foursome say that relations between them have "never been better", and that they plan to begin a tour of 34 US cities in Detroit on 24 January.

The band formed at the height of the hippie movement in the late 1960s, originally comprising just David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash, who had defected from British group the Hollies.

Neil Young joined the line-up at Woodstock, only the band's second live gig. The quartet later shared the stage with the Rolling Stones at their infamous Altamont show - where a fan was killed.

While many of their songs reflected the political upheavals of the day, particularly the war in Vietnam, the band itself was no stranger to conflict.

The volatile group has split up and reunited on several occasions. Neil Young famously travelled separately to the rest of the band during their final tour in 1974.

David Crosby's imprisonment for drugs and firearms offences in 1985 also disrupted the band's partnership. The star was also plagued by ill-health until a liver transplant in 1994.

The rock veterans, who have each pursued solo careers between their acclaimed collaborations, reckon the years have mellowed them.

"We are a little more mature, a little more compassionate, a little more sensitive of each other's feelings," says 58-year-old Graham Nash, who is recovering from a serious boating accident.

"This time I think that the relationship between the four of us has absolutely never been better."

At a New York press conference the four joked about their reasons for playing together again.

"We had to wait for another presidential impeachment and an unpopular war," quipped Stephen Stills.

"We had a lot of unfinished business. I don't think we ever really reached our potential," was Neil Young's more serious explanation.

With 30 years of music to chose from, including hit such as Marrakech Express, Ohio and Teach Your Children, a playlist for the tour has yet to be agreed.

Tracks from Looking Forward, the band's the first album since 1988's American Dream, are likely to feature in the CSNY2K shows.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 10th, 2004 08:16 AM
MRD8 I just got a killer 2DVD set of CSN&Y's concert at Wembley Stadium in 1974...they played 33 songs in three hours, an incredible show! I had a tape of one hour of the show a couple of years ago that was a high generation, these DVD's are in nearly perfect quality...
October 10th, 2004 02:20 PM
marko Hmm,would you pass one to finland?
October 10th, 2004 02:51 PM
Soldatti Thanks for the news
October 11th, 2004 03:10 AM
UGot2Rollme old news - I've seen them live on 2000 and 1998 tours (?) - well worth it
October 11th, 2004 03:16 AM
piratekeef MRD8,
I only have a 45min video tape of that London 1974 show. Are you willing to do a B&P for these 2 DVD's? I'd love to watch them... I'm from Europe.
October 11th, 2004 03:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
old news - I've seen them live on 2000 and 1998 tours (?) - well worth it

Yeah. I assume that this "reunion" is simply the addition of Neil Young to the line up again; which might actually make alot of difference.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 11th, 2004 08:04 AM
MRD8 I don't do B&P's for people outside of the U.S. it's too much of a hassle to have to go to the postoffice to mail something outside of the country...sorry!
October 13th, 2004 04:03 PM
piratekeef Is this the complete London 1974 concert? How's the quality? I've only known about the bad quality 45 min video tape yet.
October 13th, 2004 04:06 PM
glencar CSNY are still alive?
October 13th, 2004 04:15 PM
piratekeef Yes...they are still rocking & harmonizing together.
October 13th, 2004 05:08 PM
MRD8 The CSN&Y London 1974 2DVD set is three hours long, all 33 songs in the set...very high picture quality and sound...
here's whats on it:
Backstage Hug(and joint!)/Intro
Love The One You're With
Wooden Ships
Immigration Man
Helpless
Millitary Madness
Johnny's Garden
Traces
Almost Cut My Hair
Teach Your Children
Only Love Can Break Your Heart
The Lee Shore
Time After Time
It's Alright
Another Sleep Song
Our House
Hawaiian Sunrise
Star Of Bethlehem
Love Art Blues
Old Man
Change Partners
Blackbird
Myth Of Sissyphus
You Can't Catch Me/Word Game
Suite:Judy Blue Eyes
Deja Vue
First Things First
Don't Be Denied
Black Queen
Pushed It Over The End
Pre-Road Downs
Carry On
Ohio
A really great show!
October 13th, 2004 07:47 PM
Soldatti Wow thanks
October 13th, 2004 08:38 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
CSNY are still alive?

Remember, this is a Stones' board....
October 14th, 2004 11:15 AM
Martha
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
I just got a killer 2DVD set of CSN&Y's concert at Wembley Stadium in 1974...they played 33 songs in three hours, an incredible show! I had a tape of one hour of the show a couple of years ago that was a high generation, these DVD's are in nearly perfect quality...

YES! Are you offering this show then? If so you need 4 blanks and postage right?

LMK! And thank you!!!!!!!

MArtha
October 14th, 2004 12:49 PM
Dan That article is like 4 years old. Someone from Neil's entourage told my friend last year that there was going to be another tour this year but I guess it didnt happen.
October 14th, 2004 12:51 PM
piratekeef Anyone has this complete show on DVD? If so - I'd love to do a B&P for it....