ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Need help on Spanish Sticky Fingers cover Return to archive
10-17-03 02:54 AM
Kjell How do you tell which edition.
I got this one:
EMI 064 063616 Sticky fingers,�Fowler's West India Treacle" - oil can cover,tongue tracklisting insert sheet,Made in Spain 1980

Now a friend of mine says "on the original it's not Fowler's and it should read Made in Madrid on back cover".

He's probably right but can somebody from Spain or someone else that knows whats what confirm?

Cheers
Kjell
10-17-03 03:45 AM
Monkey Woman Your friend is right. The original cover looks like this:

This close-up of a man's crotch was considered offensive in Spain, still ruled by Franco and his ultra-conservative, not to say facist, clique at the time (1971). Bizarrely, they used an even more offensive (and disgusting) cover of cut off fingers in a can of treacle - real "sticky" fingers...
10-17-03 03:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the very similar to the original Spanish cover, it was used also by the bootleggers for different albums as in this picture

10-17-03 03:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is it

10-17-03 03:38 PM
marko Yes thats IT.I have that one!
10-17-03 05:35 PM
glencar Is it worth anything?
10-17-03 06:02 PM
Kjell
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This is it

Well thats the one i got, VoodooChileInWOnderl
I'm glad to see i got the same album.

Nr 10C064-063.616 with matrix nr 066-063152-A / 064-063616-B
A bit unusual with same matrix on Bside as order nr. maybe thats because of the swap from Sister Morphine for Let it rock.

I bought it new myself in Canarie Island in 1981, but some the qustion remains:
The friend says: 1st Edition of the Spanish version should read "Made in Madrid" on downleft back corner of cover.
1. What year was this version realesed in Spain.
2. If 1980, can it be "Made in Madrid" as well as "Made in Spain" i even heard of "Made in Barcelona".
Maybe there were "pressing factories" all over the place.

And by the way, Sway is "Tambalearse" in spanish what kind of arse is that?
Cheers
Kjell
[Edited by Kjell]
10-17-03 06:07 PM
Kjell
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is it worth anything?

A near perfect item, virtually never been played. Record, cover and any extra items (in this case an insert with huge toungh, tracklist and who's palying what) will display almost no signs of wear might be worth US$50-60.