ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Rolling Stones Book Return to archive
10-16-03 11:50 AM
jb Have any of you got that new book yet? My wife picked it up for me the other day at barnes and noble(42.00 dollars). It had either a white or red cover....I have been reading it, and the more I read, the more i dislike Keith...he seems to be very unfair to Mick...and by the way , they also discuss the whole Chuck thing about playing to "counts" and how Keith at first did not accept it, but that they felt they neede it to keep the songs together particularly at the start...Also, Charlie more or less says Ronnie was not playing well, or as well as he could prior to his cleaning up for the Licks Tour....What pissd me of was Ronnie commenting on how MT joined them on stage in 81 in played so loud that he had to "stop" Keith from going over to MT as Keith was mouthing I'm going to kill him....he then states he is amazed how Keith and MT were able to put up with each other for so long...Well Ronnie, maybe b/c MT and Keith made the best fucking albums/concerts during MT's tenure with the Stones...and maybe b/c we actually could hear guitars back then....Interestingly, Don Was claims that now(Licks Tour) the Stones have returned to being a "guitar" driven band....LMFAO....
10-16-03 01:03 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Interestingly, Don Was claims that now(Licks Tour) the Stones have returned to being a "guitar" driven band....LMFAO....

Did he really said that?? I bet Don says that cos he wants to produce their next album
10-16-03 01:20 PM
KeithRichards210 What I still don't understand is this crap about Taylor turning up too loud. I have a mediocre audience boot of the show, and I can barely hear Taylor at all! I wish he really DID turn it up. Sounds like a load of shit to me.
10-16-03 01:21 PM
Boomy Of course he did. He's kissing ass...do yo think they'd let someone other than them put something negative in the book?
10-16-03 02:27 PM
sammy davis jr. Even with the "counts" they can't keep the songs together....some bandleader. Keith is a crotchety old man.
10-16-03 02:28 PM
jb I agree with you for once Sammy...that's exactly what he comes off as in this book...
10-16-03 02:34 PM
Joey " Even with the "counts" they can't keep the songs together....some bandleader. Keith is a crotchety old man. "

Yes , but it is " THE BEST STONES YET !!!!!!! "

Period !

KINS !
10-16-03 03:10 PM
glencar You guys are fans? Could have fooled me!
10-16-03 03:16 PM
jb Well Blue, it's like a family..if an outsider criticises, you jump all over them, but it's o.k. if it comes from a fellow member...Of course we love the band, but some of us a re just disappointed at the direction they have taken.Obviously, age has a lot to do with it.
10-16-03 03:19 PM
glencar Age has nothing to do with it Bubbaleh! You & I are 10 months apart and we're diametrically opposed hear. I love the current Stones & I love the 70s Stones. Which version do I prefer? Probably the 70s one but I still love what they're doing. The setlists today are so much better.
10-16-03 03:27 PM
Moonisup the setlist are better

the rock is not, and that's the age thing! It's great that they are still doing this! but they are getting older, they are humans!! DANG!!
10-16-03 03:30 PM
glencar Oh, I thought Josh meant OUR ages. Yes, I agree that as these men enter their 60s, they'll slow down a bit. I still love them though. They rock in concert; let's hope they try it again on "vinyl."