ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marlins Win ! Return to archive
10-16-03 10:38 AM
jb I first want to congratulate the Cubs on a fine season and I really feel for their fans...My thoughts go out to Parmeda, SDH, Joey, and Telecaster, as I know how disappointed you are. However, the Marlins are a great story, a bunch of good guys, and simply played a little better. I am also a big Yankee fan, but if they win today, I shall root for my hometown team...By the way, scalpers want $300 for the worst possible seats in the house and over 4500 for the better ones-no one should ever complain about Stones tickets again.
10-16-03 10:41 AM
Joey " My thoughts go out to Parmeda, SDH, Joey, and Telecaster, as I know how disappointed you are. However, the Marlins are a great story, a bunch of good guys, and simply played a little better. "

I now root for the Marlins !

Congrats Josh --- You guys have a Great team !

The Jacky !
10-16-03 10:51 AM
telecaster Marlins deserve it jb. Amazing a new expansion team could win the World Series, totally gut the team, rebuild from scratch and go back to the WS in a couple years while the Cubs can't do it in 95 years

10-16-03 10:53 AM
Joey

Josh .....................................

Has your secretary shown you how to " Cut and Paste " yet ?!?!?! There MUST be a way of doing it without the mouse .

Deeloping ................................

The Jacky !
10-16-03 11:03 AM
T&A As a Giant fan and a non-fan of Bake - I'm glad they fell on their faces. Bake got out of this one relatively unscathed because of Bartman...but he pulled his usual assortment of blunders (with which Giants fans are all-too-familiar), including last night's two: going with Wood way too long (same with Prior the prior night) and pitching to Gonzalez with two-on, two-out and Beckett on deck and nobody in the 'pen. Cost him two runs and any chance at a comeback. No other manager in baseball is that stupid.
10-16-03 11:08 AM
steel driving hammer "Oh, there's twenty-thousand Cub Fans, Wave their hankies in the air,

All burning up their pensions and shouting, 'It's not fair!'

I am very down right now. My eyes watered with when the Cubs tied it 3-3 early in game then cried when Wood had to be taken off. Also ate an entire large Monicals Pizza and about 8 Corona's last night.

Somebody stop the pain Ronnie!

But just gotta take it on the chin, good game Josh.

10-16-03 11:26 AM
steel driving hammer WHY?

10-16-03 11:39 AM
Joey

Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!?!

WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?! WHY ?!?!

The Jacky !
10-16-03 11:46 AM
littleredrooster Congrads to the Marlins!

May they be served BROILED in every New York City restaurant on Saturday night!!
10-16-03 11:50 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Congrads to the Marlins!May they be served BROILED in every New York City restaurant on Saturday night!!

Word Up!

Go Yankees!
10-16-03 11:54 AM
Joey " Congrads to the Marlins!

May they be served BROILED in every New York City restaurant on Saturday night!! "

You make Young Jacky Sniggle !

You are much loved by the Jackykins !

The Jacky!

10-16-03 03:37 PM
glencar Jeff Conine got paged at the Miami airport in 1993. If the Red Sox defeat the Yankees tonight, I will be forever a Marlins booster. I hate Boston. What a buncha turds.
10-16-03 03:45 PM
parmeda Thanks Josh...
and I'm sorry I said that you can kiss my Red, White & Royal-Cubby-Blue ass in the other thread...

Unless of course, you'd liked to
10-16-03 03:59 PM
jb It's tuff Pam..I know...I was/am a huge Dan Marino fan, and although he set virtually every passing record, we never won a superbowl in 17 years and then Jimmy Johnson came in and basically ruined the last 4 years of his career..I use to live and die sports..literally would cry when the dolphins or Miami Hurricanes would lose...but about 5 or 6 years ago, my passion just seemed to fade as life's challenges made my reaction to these sporting events seem silly..we all tend to live vicariously through our teams, and when they let us down, it really hurts....But you have something more important-the love and devotion of your family who come through whether or not you "win" or "lose".
[Edited by jb]
10-16-03 04:03 PM
glencar You still tagging your secretary?
10-16-03 04:07 PM
jb 58 to go!!!!
10-16-03 06:01 PM
steel driving hammer
10-16-03 07:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot Shoulda quit while you were ahead Pammy!

I think it's ridiculous what people are doing to that Bartman guy. Like anyone who is skewering him would have done anything different. He tried to catch a foul ball..it was in the stands...even if he hadn't touched it, I'm not sure Alou could have caught it.

It's a damn crime. The guy's life is in ruins...because HE DID WHAT ANYONE ELSE WOULD DO!!!

I also saw that a very rich Marlins fan offered to move him to Miami, set him up in a house cost free for a year, and help him get a good job in his new location.

Take the offer Bartman...your life in Chicago is finished. Some wingnut is gonna off you in the drive thru of McDonalds while you are waiting for your McGriddle. Go to FL...I'll tell you how to sleep with JBs wife!
10-16-03 07:24 PM
T&A I disagree - if Bartman plays his hand right, he figures to profit quite a bit from this. I'm sure he's getting offers from the late-night show circuit at a minimum. Might be the best thing that ever happened. His life is in no danger....
10-16-03 09:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot Really?

No danger?

Is that why Chicago PD have 24hr protection on the guy? Because there is no threat?

He's better off in Miami. He could get into any club in town.
10-17-03 12:13 AM
parmeda Rumor has it that the Cubs organization is considering 'something' to make this Bartman 'welcome' at The Friendly Confines of Wrigley next year...seems they're wanting him to come to the opener and throw out the first pitch!

Bring him on!

There are enough sporting good stores that have major head quarters close by that would GLADLY sponsor a promotional day...they could hand out Alou autographed baseballs to the first 10,000 fans as they walk through the gates to their seats. And as 'ole Steve winds up to throw to Miller...
(Do I need to tell ya the rest?)
Oh, I am so there!

SS...are we on for next year? We'll "talk" in March, okay?
10-17-03 07:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot No Pam, we are not on.

I was serious when I said that I was done with baseball. I will not get sucked in by the Phuckin' Phillies ever again. I officially no longer give a shit.

Why go through the disappointment and heartbreak again? If you want to, have at it. I, however, do not care to be forever beating my head against the wall.
10-17-03 09:14 AM
parmeda I understand SS...only too well, as of late.
That's okay...

I'm turning my attention and energy over to football now.

**** THE HIGH SCHOOL KIND!****

My oldest's varsity squad is 7-0.
The playoffs are a definate 'go'.
The words 'scholarship' and 'Ohio' are being mentioned more & more these days.
Yeah, these guys have my attention, to say the least.

If you change your mind before next spring and you're having a change of heart...I will put my 'pie' on the line for ya again!
10-17-03 09:44 AM
Joey " If you change your mind before next spring and you're having a change of heart...I will put my 'pie' on the line for ya again! "

Take it Stoney .....................

I love it when the " Rocks Off " women put their " pie " on the line for all of us . It makes the board such a " Happy " place .

The Jacky !

10-17-03 11:26 AM
T&A SSA:

No way the guy is in danger. In fact, they are already talking about making a movie of the guy. Like I said, it will turn out to be the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Mark my words...
10-17-03 11:56 AM
Joey " No way the guy is in danger. In fact, they are already talking about making a movie of the guy. Like I said, it will turn out to be the greatest thing that ever happened to him. Mark my words... "

No ..................THIS is the Greatest thing that ever could happen to him :

The Jacky !