ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Got Metamorphisis Return to archive
10-14-03 06:25 PM
Prodigal Son Yep, I did. Now, the first half has absolutely nothing of good quality except "Don't Lie to Me." The alternate versions of "Out of Time" and "Heart of Stone" kind of blow and tracks 1-8 are awful. The 2nd half gets better as all those songs are at least average except for "Family." There are several songs I think are good and could've been greater if worked on more-"I Don't Know Why," "Memo from Turner," "If You Let Me," and "I'm Going Down." Basically, it gets ** out of ***** stars. 4/10 or by grade: C-minus. Lots of crap, but a few gems.
10-14-03 08:00 PM
glencar I'd give it 4 out of 5 *s. It's always been a sentimental fave even though most of it is Keithless. "Family" is so sick that it's a masterpeice.
10-15-03 12:54 AM
Child of the Moon It's definitely the second half that makes it at least worth checking out. I really don't dig those Oldham Orchestra tracks, but as soon as I Don't Know Why starts up, things get much better.
10-15-03 07:10 AM
corgi37 Its an album i always loved. 1st side is average, though much rather be with the boys is good for a laugh. And, along with SWAY, I'm going down is such a gem of song. Those bongos! That ultra-heavy riff! Am i right in saying I'm going down is from the sticky fingers sessions? Family is ok, but a bit pretentious. St. Augustine indeed! Dont know why would fit so easily on, say, Goats Head or Black and Blue, just like aint to proud to beg or (later on) Just my imagination did. Downtown Suzie is all class. And a Bill Wyman tune!!! We all know how magnificent Jiving Sister Fanny is. How about that interplay with the guitar!! Fantastic stuff. To me, this album is the Stones version of Odds and Sods. And, to be frank, they should have released something like this at least 3-4 times in the past 28 years. Who needs another compilation with fucking hot stuff on it? Who needs another lame live record, like the pitiful No security!?!?! Just to think...NOthing new since 97!! Bar 4 shitty tunes. Fuck, 97, not even Britney was around then! It was all Oasis and Blur and Ocean Color Scene (who did a cover of SWAY). Seem like an eternity ago? Yep, it is! No "Nu METAL", no Marilyn Manson, Elvis was just a dead fat fuck...All that time has passed, and what we got...Dont stop as a live song! Man, we all are too forgiving. Mind you, it could be worse. We could be U2 fans. Now, imagine liking some sountrack supplying, image obssesive, world saving (oh, only 1 is, the other 3 just take the cash), potato eating, Mandela butt-kissing, contraditive bunch of wankers as them?
10-15-03 08:18 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy That cover of "I Don't Know Why" might be the most emotional recording the Stones had ever done before "That's How Strong My Love Is" got the nod last year.

Isn't that the song they were playing when they got the news that Brian had died?

-tSYX --- I don't know why I love ya, baby, but I love you, I love you, awoooooooooo!
10-15-03 08:43 AM
Flashpoint Oh yeah...I don't know why i love you...WHAT A SONG!!!
Too bad they didn't think of it for this tour full of covers....
10-15-03 02:02 PM
glencar Why do people need to slag U2 so often? Yes, Bono is somewhat pretentious but it's not like Mick has been untouched by that condition.
10-15-03 03:22 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why do people need to slag U2 so often? Yes, Bono is somewhat pretentious but it's not like Mick has been untouched by that condition.

Good point. I've often wondered that myself. I like U2. No matter what you think of Bono, they're a real quality band.
10-15-03 03:28 PM
jb I don't like Bono b/c he thinks he is better than the Stones.
10-15-03 03:29 PM
glencar I'm sure Bono would never say that. He knows who is better than him. Just like you.
10-15-03 03:33 PM
jb AS I told you before, his Larry King appearence was utterly disrespectful to the Stones....he also has mentioned on several occassions how U2 is still relevant and strives to be the greatest rock-n-roll band in the world...
10-15-03 03:46 PM
glencar Larry King probably egged Bono on. I find Larry King rather puffy & witless.