ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Photographers to boycott Dylan Return to archive
10-14-03 01:46 PM
Mother baby German Photographers to Boycott Dylan Tour

By Wolfgang Spahr

HAMBURG (Billboard) - Photojournalists in Germany have announced plans to boycott Bob Dylan 's upcoming tour of the country, after he stated that he would not allow his photograph to be taken during performances. The photographers are considering the same action against other international stars.

At its latest gathering on Friday in Berlin, the German Assn. of Journalists called on its more than 41,000 members to boycott Dylan's Oct 17-Nov. 8 tour, as well as those by major acts such as Peter Gabriel ), Paul McCartney, Bon Jovi, Guns N' Roses and the Kelly Family.

The association's managing director, Thomas Schelberg, says photographers are increasingly facing restrictions imposed by artists and their management over the types of photos they can take during concerts and how the images can be used.
"The freedom of photographic journalists to pursue their profession is more important than Bob Dylan's personal preferences," says a spokesperson for the group.

A spokesman for Cologne-based concert promoter Peter Rieger, which is handling Dylan's tour, says it is no secret that the artist does not allow his concerts to be filmed or photographed. "If the artist doesn't want any photos taken, our hands are tied, and we have to accept this," he says.

10-14-03 01:49 PM
steel driving hammer Why you ask?

He's a step above all the rest Ronnie.

What I said.
10-14-03 01:59 PM
nankerphelge WTF?

Almost all major shows I have seen have not "allowed" cameras in.

So when Dylan says no photographs, the photographers decide (in a devastating show of solidarity) not to photograph??

10-14-03 02:07 PM
jb They don't like him b/c he is a jew.
10-14-03 02:08 PM
gypsy I bet they wouldn't boycott Hasselhoff
10-14-03 04:16 PM
Mother baby
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I bet they wouldn't boycott Hasselhoff

Your're damn right they wouldn't boycott Hasselhoff!!!!!
(Who is he???)
10-14-03 04:20 PM
jb Former star of Baywatch who is revered and loved in Germany....go figure.
10-14-03 04:24 PM
Mother baby Oh.
10-14-03 04:24 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
jb wrote:
They don't like him b/c he is a jew.

Do you really believe that?

There`s no religion reason, I can`t hear anymore, that germans hate jews and I don`t no what else!

Think about it, JB

matthias
10-14-03 04:47 PM
jb
10-14-03 04:53 PM
Pattie

Like Dylan cares if they boycott him or not
10-14-03 05:02 PM
jb
10-14-03 05:16 PM
Martha More lyrical food for Bob to give back to us with songs I'm sure he is composing as I type..hehehe.

Photocrap that!
10-14-03 05:31 PM
Joey " Like Dylan cares if they boycott him or not "

10-14-03 05:50 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Pattie wrote:

Like Dylan cares if they boycott him or not

thanks for your mail!!
did you got mine?

Rik
10-14-03 07:46 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Almost all major shows I have seen have not "allowed" cameras in.

So when Dylan says no photographs, the photographers decide (in a devastating show of solidarity) not to photograph??

Dylan won't allow professional photographers in front of the stage to take his pic. It's not about the 'no camera' policy for the crowd... Read better Nanky
10-15-03 03:57 AM
Doxa Still funny though; Dylan says "I don't let you guys to shoot me", these smart guys bravely answer him "okay, then we don't take any pictures of you, bastard!". Yep, I also can see Dylan making some nasty lyrics out of this.

Doxa
10-15-03 07:40 AM
nankerphelge Yeah, regardless of my reading ability, it is the big DUH!

I don't like my state's chiba laws -- and to show them, I'm gonna stop smoking!!!

That'll teach 'em!
10-15-03 10:04 AM
Joey " Yeah, regardless of my reading ability, it is the big DUH!"

Jacky !

10-15-03 10:07 AM
nankerphelge Joey -- there must be a smiley smoking a joint out there somewhere!!
10-15-03 10:13 AM
Joey " Joey -- there must be a smiley smoking a joint out there somewhere!! "

I am working on it FEVERISHLY my Brother .

Can you believe that CUBS game last evening ???????

WTF ?!?!?!?!

Jacky !