ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Thanks Parmeda Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-14-03 10:21 AM
jb I hope you don't mind me annoucing what a pleasure it was speaking to you this morning. You have been so good to me here and to hear your voice and chat with you was really a treat. I appreciate what you did for me last year and you will always have a friend down here in sunny Fla...Notwithstanding the foregoing, I hope the Marlins kick the Cub's asses tonight!!! Regards always-Josh
P.S.-Some of the poster's "real" names are goofy..I don't blame then for using "fake" names.

[Edited by jb]
10-14-03 10:25 AM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 11:02 AM
Factory Girl Hey steelie, where did you get the dancing emoticons?

Link please
10-14-03 02:16 PM
parmeda You are most welcome Josh!
...and I must say, the phone sex was incredible!
Let me know again, when the secretary has the day off
10-14-03 02:17 PM
jb
10-14-03 02:43 PM
Boomy
10-14-03 02:45 PM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 02:55 PM
Joey

10-14-03 02:57 PM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 02:59 PM
Joey
10-14-03 03:05 PM
Boomy

10-14-03 03:08 PM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 03:13 PM
Joey

10-14-03 03:14 PM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 03:20 PM
Boomy 2004 will not happen

10-14-03 03:28 PM
steel driving hammer
10-14-03 03:38 PM
Boomy

"Four Flicks, Dream System, and Wega TV for Boomy!! Ho, ho, ho......hoe's for me!!"
10-14-03 03:41 PM
steel driving hammer
10-15-03 10:15 AM
jb I do not know how to cut and paste the emotions...I am a stupid ass.
[Edited by jb]
10-15-03 10:17 AM
Joey " I do not know how to cut and paste the emotions...I am a stupid ass. "

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!?! WHY ?!?!?!

Jacky !
10-15-03 10:24 AM
jb Because I am successful despite my stupidity...I have a 2k dollar lap top in front of me and all I can do with it is post moronic things on various stone web sites. I don't know how to use any other feature...
[Edited by jb]
10-15-03 10:27 AM
Joey " Because I am successful despite my stupidity...I have a 2k dollar lap top in front of me and all I can do with it is post moronic things on various stone web sites. I don't know how to use any other feature...
[Edited by jb] "

Josh , Seriously , please check your PM again .

Jacky !
10-15-03 10:37 AM
jb o.k.-i'LL TRY IT, BUT i DON'T HAVE A MOUSE.
10-15-03 10:41 AM
Joey " o.k.-i'LL TRY IT, BUT i DON'T HAVE A MOUSE. "

Then Highlight the link another way ..........Nanky might know .

Funny Stuff !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACIMBO !
10-15-03 10:47 AM
Boomy Check yourself.
10-15-03 10:52 AM
telecaster jb were you in on this action?

Jury awards resort guest $847,000

By Peter Franceschina
Staff Writer

October 11, 2003

A federal jury has awarded a South Carolina woman $847,000 in damages, after deciding she contracted an infection during a manicure at The Breakers resort on Palm Beach that limited use of her right thumb.

Julie Lofink, 63, a retired nurse, and her husband were staying at the resort in September 2001 when Lofink received a free manicure as part of their package at the opulent, 140-acre beachfront resort, said their attorney, Marc Brumer of Miami. He argued that the manicurist punctured the guest's skin at the base of a nail, allowing a staph infection caused by bacteria to set in.

"It was very painful. It hurt immediately," Brumer said.

The trial began in U.S. District Court in Fort Lauderdale on Tuesday, and the jury reached its verdict Thursday after about two hours of deliberations, Brumer said.

The Breakers denied that the infection was caused by improper sterilization methods used in its spa.

"The Breakers is shocked at the conclusion reached by a Fort Lauderdale jury," P. Kristen Kay, director of legal services for The Breakers, said in a statement Friday. "This is a perfect example of how illogical and unpredictable a jury can be. The Breakers completely disagrees with the verdict and fully intends to appeal."

Lofink sought medical treatment after returning home, and her thumb became red and swollen, according to testimony. Her doctor said he was concerned because she had a heart condition and didn't want the infection to migrate to her heart, although she was at low risk for that.

He said she was hospitalized and treated with intravenous antibiotics, but the infection eventually moved into her thumb bone, making it more difficult to treat. Lofink had to undergo surgery to remove the infected portion of bone. Her thumb has since healed, but the movement of the top joint is limited, according to testimony.

"She has lost the use of her right thumb. She can't really pick up things," Brumer said.

He said he argued that the sterilization of the manicure equipment wasn't sufficient to protect against infection, a contention disputed by the resort.

"The spa is fully committed to the safety and personalized service of its guests. It maintains the highest standards of sanitation throughout its facility and has competent, well-trained staff whose focus is to create a secure and tranquil environment for their clients," Kay said in her statement.

Kay noted that this was the first complaint of such an incident since the spa opened in 1999.

The jury awarded Lofink nearly $30,000 for medical expenses and $768,000 for past and future pain and suffering. Another $50,000 was awarded to her husband.

10-15-03 10:58 AM
jb That was in the local section this past weekend tele...I don't know who the plaintiff's atty was, but he/she must have done a hell of a job...
10-15-03 10:59 AM
jb That was in the local section this past weekend tele...I don't know who the plaintiff's atty was, but he/she must have done a hell of a job...
10-15-03 11:06 AM
Joey

Fly !
10-15-03 01:52 PM
glencar Parmeda, call me tomorrow morning. Thanks, Meldrim.
Page: 1 2