ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cracker Return to archive
10-14-03 12:47 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox i know there are a few Cracker fans on this board. have any of you gotten the new album "Countrysides"? its all covers except for one original that rags on virgin records and also suggests that someone stole the sticky fingers and let it bleed master tapes from virgin in retaliation for Cracker being let go from the label. of course let it bleed wasn't released on virgin but.....i think its still a really good beer drinking album. in fact im drunk now so i apologize if this post is hard to read...any thoughts on the record??
10-14-03 03:22 AM
Jumacfly I LOVE cRACKER !!!
is it their last record??
10-14-03 08:58 AM
steel driving hammer

BE WITH YOU GIRL, LIKE BEING LOW, HEY HEY HEY LIKE BEING STONED!
10-14-03 11:06 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox yes it is their last record. it just came out a week ago here in the US but i think it has been out in europe for a few months now.
10-14-03 11:10 AM
Nasty Habits I saw them play that song live (as "Ironic Mullet") before a Camper Van Beethoven show. I was under the impression that they stole the Sticky Fingers master tapes but already had the Let It Bleed master tapes from somewhere else.

I would steal the Sticky Fingers master tapes if I could!

Baby, it ain't gonna suck itself!

10-14-03 08:12 PM
glencar I used to like Cracker years ago. I dint know they still amde music. I'll download it for free!
10-15-03 03:28 AM
Jumacfly is it a kind of "lonesome jonnhy blues" country songs man??
or something different??
10-15-03 01:27 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox its kinda like lonesome johnny. 8 of the 9 songs are covers. they cover two merle haggard songs. they cover "family tradition" by hank williams jr. its got a good "bar-room" feel to it.