ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

When I'm 67!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Four Licks Return to archive
10-10-03 05:47 PM
stewed & Keefed Four Flicks on amazon.co.uk. �43.99.Warner Music Vision. Release date 17 november.

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
10-10-03 06:48 PM
Gazza thanks!!

I think you might want to bookmark www.cdwow.com too if youre in the UK

you may get it even cheaper there,although maybe you wont get it delivered until a few days after the release. Their prices are very good - they have the new Sheryl Crow greatest hits album listed at �8.99 for example

"Four flicks" isnt listed yet but probably will be shortly, yet they have the new Springsteen live 2-DVD set on advance order for �13.99 including postage, so I'd think you'll easily get the Stones DVD for less than �40.00
10-10-03 07:05 PM
stewed & Keefed Thanks Gazza,It does seems a little dear compaired to to US prices.
10-10-03 07:10 PM
FM
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Thanks Gazza,It does seems a little dear compaired to to US prices.

Just like gasoline !
10-10-03 07:21 PM
FM yet they have the new Springsteen live 2-DVD set on advance order for �13.99 including postage, so I'd think you'll easily get the Stones DVD for less than �40.00
[/quote]

Why do they have to keep bringing out new products just as I have circulated my Christmas list to my relatives !

First U2 are to bring out the Slane Castle gig on DVD (have the Boston 2001 DVD on the list), then Four Flicks is announced days after the list has been circulated, and now Bruuuuce releases a new one when I still haven't got Live in NYC !! I always like to get the newest ones first, so this ain't too good for me !

I would re-submit a fresh list but boy, prezzies will have been bought already and its only October !

Never mind, I nearly got the Alien boxset last year, but didn't, so managed to sneak in the new Alien Quadrilogy (it is a word apparently !) Boxset at the last moment.

Sheesh - STOP RELEASING ITEMS I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF LOL

Fraser

"Get drunk and sing along to Queen
Practice my T-Rex moves and make the scene"

"Just love those laser guided bombs
They're really great for righting wrongs
You hit the target and win the game
From bars 3,000 miles away"

"He took it all too far, but boy could he play guitar"
10-11-03 07:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man Oh Gazza, you didn't buy the Sheryl Crow cd did you? Just because she has dueted on HTM a few times, doesn't mean you have to like her music.

Oh well, we all have a few skeletons in our cd collection

Alex
10-11-03 07:39 AM
mac_daddy I'm an ignorant Yank - does "dear" mean expensive or cheap (ie: does "the price is a little dear" mean "it is a bit too expensive," or "the price is cheaper than I would have thought"). I just wanted to be able to follow the conversation...

fwiw - I think the $30 USD pricetag for 4 DVDs is on the cheap side - I expected this thing to run $50-80.
10-11-03 07:40 AM
Mother baby
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I'm an ignorant Yank - does "dear" mean expensive or cheap (

expensive.
10-11-03 08:24 AM
mac_daddy thanks mb...

10-17-03 05:46 PM
stewed & Keefed Four Flicks now down to �37.48 at Amazon.co.uk

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
10-17-03 05:50 PM
glencar Why does it cost more in Europe?
10-17-03 06:48 PM
Angiegirl Did a little research yesterday for European sites (1 euro = almost 1.17 dollar or almost 0.70 pounds): cheapest: Amazon Germany, 54.17 euros ($63.25), incl. shipping to Holland, but release date is 24/11 (or 11/24 if you prefer ). Also, worried that I will have German voice overs in interviews??!! Dunno, Germans do that with all non-German stuff, maybe the French too (but in French ). Second cheapest: Amazon UK, 56.80 euros $66.32) incl. shipping to Holland. (Amazon France is 64.96 euros incl. shipping to Holland, release date 10/11, most expensive Amazon department so far)

Dutch/Belgian companies: between 61.95 ($72.34) and 68.20 euros ($79.64), all incl. shipping. Compare that to let's say $35 incl. shipping...!!

Release dates vary a lot, from 7/11 - 24/11. I think I will go with Amazon UK so far. depends on what else comes up in the next few weeks. i tell myself to wait till December as there may be some special offers from online companies, which will perhaps save me 10-20 euros. But I just know I will have to have it as soon as I can.

Of course there's a buy offer at ebay.com for the US version, region 1, for 37 euros, incl. shipping to Holland...

Just look around at all sites is my suggestion, will save you 10-15 euros if you look carefully at more sites.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
10-17-03 07:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think you might want to bookmark www.cdwow.com too if youre in the UK you may get it even cheaper there. "Four flicks" isnt listed yet but probably will be shortly ... so I'd think you'll easily get the Stones DVD for less than �40.00.

Indeed, it's now listed for 39.99 pounds... Whahaha!
Release date Nov. 17. So Amazon UK is still cheaper...
http://www6.cd-wow.com/detail_resul...oduct_code=7969

[Edited by Angiegirl]