ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do it like Pearl Jam! Return to archive
10-18-02 04:28 PM
mikecooper I am not a big Peral Jam fan, that is not what this post is about, BUT how cool would it be if we saw the STONES put out all of the 2002-2003 shows out like pearl jam did.

I have to say they could, they have no tie to ther label and the legally could....just cross your fingers.
10-18-02 04:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I agree 100% with you, also King Crimson did it and in video for the European Tour. It beats the "professional" bootleggers, and use to be a very good recordings at reasonable prices.

BTW, do you know that Pearl Jam and their agency do not sign a contract if Ticketbastard is going to be in charge of the ticket sales?
10-18-02 04:41 PM
Moonisup Yeah voodoo, right to the point!!

I never understanded that, the stones are already very rich, why fuck your own fans! it is proven that the NS tour has lead to the higher prices in rock!!! why why why, just because Micheal cohl bailed Keith out, Micheal seems like a cool guy to me, maybe it is because they have to much managers running around!!
10-18-02 04:44 PM
Factory Girl I thought that PJ dropped the Ticketbastard matter, because it proved administratively dificult to sell their tix otherwise.
10-18-02 04:47 PM
mikecooper see record labels are funny.
from the time i have spent around radio and labels i have seen most groups do a deal of 2 albums and a live album.
sometimes a greatest hits package.

with the stones they could put out every live show like Peral Jam did. they wrote the songs and to be honest they would and could make a kiling.

limit them to say 10,000 copies of EACH show.

no fancy pacages just like peral jam, and boom! done! they would see them all out, and the best part is yes the stones would make money out of it, we would all get SB shows so who would end up being left out??

no one!

for somethng like this Virgin would and has no say in it. legally they have no ties to virgin, except for new music. they might have to pay some royalties but they would be to the song writers and we know who that is!
10-18-02 05:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I thought that PJ dropped the Ticketbastard matter, because it proved administratively dificult to sell their tix otherwise.

It is because using ticket bastard increases the price for the fan, and helps the promoter to sale faster and with less advertizing.

On the other hand, not using ticket bastard increases the advertizing costs for the promoter, makes the sales slower at the beginning and promotes the sales at the venue the very same day.

They also do not allow the promoter to sell at very high prices. It's a long story why I know this but it's true and I like it.