ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who want to buy bootlegs? Return to archive
10-18-02 01:27 PM
cocksucker Who know people who might be interested in buying over 50 bootlegs and are of unimpeachable conduct?
10-18-02 01:53 PM
Maxlugar Not sure about all that.........

But I just got back from my favorite lil' record store and purchased The Tower show on CD and the Gilette Stadium show on video. The Tower sounds very good and the video is suprisingly close for the B stage as well as the main. This guy moved around!

It's gonna be quite a Friday Night at the Lugar household.

Gonna drink and do some Stones.

FUCK YUP!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HO! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy!

10-18-02 02:32 PM
scope Party at the Lugars! Fuck Yup!

Maxy, were there videos from any other shows available? I'm kind of partial to MSG you know. This is the same store, correct? Gotta get my ass into the city soon.
10-18-02 02:45 PM
Maxlugar Same store.

Fleet on DVD but he does not have a player to check it out first or I would have got that..

If fact he's got all the favorites on DVD: CSB, Marque, CSB, Hampton '81, Voodoo Lounge, One plus One and so on....

But I think just the Gilette on video. He was stocked to the gills with stones stuff.

10-18-02 02:49 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Maxy - I'm running down to the city sometime soon for a weekend, I hope - where might this little shop of wonders be? I promise I won't rob your cradle of the delicious Stonesliness...

-tSYX - She got your name, she got your number!
10-18-02 03:00 PM
Maxlugar You can email me at I'll tell you.

[email protected]
10-18-02 03:01 PM
cocksucker do you think i can sell them to jb?
10-18-02 03:08 PM
Fiji Joe Don't know CS, but the above message, as well as this message, will have the shelf-life of a twinky at a weight-watchers convention.

This board is very quickly losing all credibility.
10-18-02 03:10 PM
cocksucker i agree FJ: see my post about the sun and the snow
10-18-02 03:17 PM
cocksucker even my post about the summer and the snow has diappeared like snow in summer
10-18-02 03:20 PM
Fiji Joe That's because it's fall
10-18-02 03:29 PM
Maxlugar I don't get it Fiji. What do you mean this board is losing credibilty? This baord rules.
10-18-02 03:33 PM
Fiji Joe Max, I believe you missed some earlier posts that were subsequently deleted. That's what I was refrring to.

10-18-02 03:39 PM
cocksucker In Finland it's not a disgrace when one is unemployed!
10-18-02 03:52 PM
Maxlugar I still don't get it! Help Maxy!
10-18-02 04:00 PM
Fiji Joe Can't Maxy, ask JB.
10-18-02 04:32 PM
scope
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I still don't get it! Help Maxy!

There was a little war going on between 2 posters in another thread. Many accusations made, some of which were quite accusatory and not appreciated by the recipient of said slander. Our adminstrators were requested to remove the posts and apparently did so. Certainly within their rights and I don't disagree. And definitely not any reason to start bad mouthing Rocks Off.
Maybe now the arguement will be taken outside where it belongs.

[Edited by scope]
10-18-02 05:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot But Scopey...I so enjoy those little meltdowns. They dance like clowns for us!

It's so much fun!

And I don't know why JB is so riled. Nobody takes anything Mathy says seriously anymore.

And JB can have all kinds of boots for FREE when I get my new burner....hopefully over the weekend, and installed by Monday.

I dunno, maybe I'm a pervert, but I just love watching people blow a head gasket on the internet.

Now THAT is entertainment.
10-18-02 05:33 PM
scope Entertaining to a point. I think we reached that point pretty quick on this one. It became rather repetitive, don't you think? Certainly not worthy of 2 thumbs up.

10-18-02 06:45 PM
Factory Girl Lol, SS you're funny.

Maxy, get ready to hug your mailman.
10-18-02 08:51 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
This board is very quickly losing all credibility.

if thats what you think then, ciao, baby! the rules here are simple, no flaming, spamming or flooding. what part of that don't you understand? this board costs us annually the price of a Rolling Stones concert ticket so you can have an AD FREE space to discuss the rolling stones.....get it? THE ROLLING STONES.

and thank you kindly, maxxy. rocks off rules, 4sure!

10-18-02 09:02 PM
Fiji Joe Exactly why, Jaxx, that thread should have been left alone. It had great potential to permanently end all flaming from the King of the flamers.
10-19-02 03:25 AM
F505 I agree that it should have been left alone. In fact they were wrangling about a stones-issue (bootlegs) that had nothing to do with politics. And yeah the accusations were pretty heavy but so what? If the accusations are false there is always the possibility to contradict with facts. And the person who had to defend himself is even a lawyer (at least he told us) so he know the ropes.
I've witnessed much more agressive threads remain untouched on this board. So I really don't get it!

but cheers anyway!
10-19-02 05:02 PM
Jaxx i understand your frustration, now let me explain mine, and i can only speak for myself not the other 2 board administrators.....

this board used to be predominantly news and boot information. a board of that type is very easy to administer because while readership was high, activity as far as responses and new posts was low. over the last year it has evolved into more of a chat board along with the news and boot information. now we have a tour going on, as well! the activity is phenomenal and way beyond our expectations! a great thing, yes, but i will admit that i don't get to read all the threads, however i try to skim through most of them. this may be the reason for lack of consistency. if i see something inappropriate or offensive,off topic, flaming or flooding i delete, but i always mail a warning to the offenders PM. i am probably the biggest board nazi out of the three of us, so if gerardo deleted, it was either terribly off topic and offensive or he got complaints from other members demanding that the offensive comments be deleted.

all we are asking for is FREEDOM OF SPEECH with RESPONSIBiLITY, please.

obviously we will not agree all the time and difference of opinion is most welcome. however argueing different opinions does not need to turn into a flame-o-rama. there are ways to deal diplomatically, tactfully and with mutual respect. i am only asking that everyone act the adult they are and quit reducing yourselves to preschool behavior.

the administrators of this board are trying to keep the troublemakers in line through PMs and if that doesn't work public warnings. however if you start provoking the trouble makers, ie "stir the pot" turnabout is fair play. i personally don't appreciate singling out one person to flame and then the whole thread turns into a bashing. it is off topic, flaming and flooding all in one and it most definately DOES NOT GET MY ROCKS OFF. if you have any more questions or comments about my stand on this issue, please PM me. this experience should be fun, not stressful for visitors to this site.
[Edited by Jaxx]