ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Jagger/R. Thomas Song - "Disease" Return to archive
10-18-02 10:53 AM
sandrew Has anyone heard this travesty from Matchbox 20? Man, it's bad -- trite, overproduced, corny, unimaginative, you name it. I can't believe Mick's name is on it.

It's so inherently bad, I can't blame it on Matchbox 20's rendition. It would've been just as offensive on "Goddess."
10-18-02 01:57 PM
egon just downloaded it

sounds exactly like a matchbox song to me.
it's an 'ok' song to me.

did he write it with mick?

btw has anyone that uses kzaa noticed how poluted it is getting? almost every new song/single you try to download is a loop of the chorus.
10-18-02 02:43 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
egon wrote:
btw has anyone that uses kzaa noticed how poluted it is getting? almost every new song/single you try to download is a loop of the chorus.

These are placed intentionally by the Record companies. They're like viruses - people download them and they spread because the internet-unsavvy don't know how to delete them. It was a big article in the New York Times - it's built specifically to pollute the system and discourage new users.

The record companies next want to let Congress authorize them to hire hackers to hit systems like the network Kazaa runs without legal action against it.

-tSYX --- She got you by the balls!
10-19-02 01:31 PM
egon yeah i know.
but i wasn't ecpecting it to get out of hand so quickly.
though that people would delete bogus files straight away.

shame...

10-19-02 03:19 PM
Boomhauer I rember when some people said "Don't Stop" sounds like Matchbox Twenty. What complete, utter bullshit. "Disease" is nothing close to "Don't Stop" and I can't even hear Jagger on the mp3 version.

10-19-02 04:18 PM
stonesmik Yeh, I can't hear him. So waht's the fuss about it? If I can't hear him he's not there. Fuck Rob Thomas & Matchbox 20 if they can't mix a song so you can hear a guest singer like Jagger. Fuck Matchbox 20 anyway, along with Metallica they are among the cruellest bootleg hunters around. They are nobodies in Europe.