ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Wipe Out...Toronto Return to archive
10-18-02 02:45 AM
supergoatz Ok...for all those interested...as i've seen a number of questions regarding Keith's fall at the ACC on Wed. night...I was in the front row right in front of Keith when it happened...soooooo....

Here's the deal...firstly it wasn't that big of a deal...it was mostly the timing of it...Keith started the riff to Street Fighting Man and came running out to the front of the stage...he was kind of stumbling...you know Keith style but definitely moving toward the front of the stage and he just slipped and fell back on his ass...

It definitely shocked him a bit and he immediately started laughing..then he looked right at me and rolled his eyes, and sort of hung his head in slight Keef shame...definitely a little embarassed and laughed even harder when he saw I was laughing (along with the rest of us up front...)He kept playing and then stopped on the beat..let Ronnie take the rhythm...

He then extended his hand to Daryl...motioned to him to wait until the 1 came around again and had Daryl pull him up in a grand fashion...then on his feet..proceeded to tear into SFM...

about a minute later Mick came up to him patted his shoulder and and screamed an audible..(to me anyway)..."Ya Awright man?" Keef nodded and that was the end of it...

Hope that explains it...

sg
10-18-02 07:33 AM
John Wood He fell hard enough he had to change guitars to finish the song as there was somthing wrong with the capo and the guitar was out of tune after the fall.
10-18-02 07:54 AM
Maxlugar Keith: I've fallen, and I can't get up!!!

Medalert: We'll be right over Mr. Richards.

10-18-02 08:44 AM
nankerphelge Wonder what caused him to fall -- Keith just kind of marches out there -- isn't like he's doing any of that fancy footwork that Mick has been displaying (nimble lil' fuck!).

"Lose a capo up my ass and fart in the key of G Ronnie"
10-18-02 08:51 AM
gypsy People fall all the damn time. I work in an ER. Don't read too much into this Keef thing.
10-18-02 08:53 AM
Mickjagger1963 I aint reading too much into it but it sounds damn funny lol
10-18-02 09:06 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Keith: I've fallen, and I can't get up!!!

Medalert: We'll be right over Mr. Richards.

That really hurt's.
10-18-02 09:28 AM
stonedinaustralia ha!!..plus ca change...!!

this shot from the hip thanks to charles sharr murray

with absolutley no apologies for zero input from me (well maybe just a couple of liberties (excuse me mr.murray)

anyone out there actually see this one happen?

"Too rolled to stone"

8 May 1976

The nice thing about the law of gravity is that it applies to everybody

Basically, the law of gravity don't give a flying one if you're the President of the United Sates... or Keith Richards or just some schmuck on the street.You mess with the law of gravity...you get your centre of gravity at too acute an angle to your feet...you're gonna fall on your rosy ass, and that's a fact.

Gerry Ford falls down a lot...Keith Richards, guitarist,songwriter and social arbiter to a whole generation of middle-class drug abusers, skids wildly on the polished, dragon painted portable stage The Rolling Stones are using on their '76 Tour of Europe and takes a dive in front of 10,000 earnest young Frankfurters right in the middle of "Jumpin' Jack Flash".

It don't phase Keith... (he) just collects his legs until he's sitting in some kind of weird discombobulated lotus posture (ed. note aaaahhh, thanks keithfucius) and continues...at his guitar, not missing a single saw-toothed rusty chrome chord the whole time. (csm)

and it goes on from there but as mick might put it - "don't go quoting any of your bleeding nick kent articles at me"
10-18-02 10:26 AM
dkmonroe Ha ha! The very first thing I thought of when I read this thread was that Charles Shaar Murray (the disappointed man) article!

The two events sound REMARKABLY similar! I wonder if it's just part of the act now!

"OL FORT YOUR REVIEW WAS BULUDDY STOOPID!" - Mick, according to Charles Shaar Murray.
10-18-02 01:01 PM
Martha My theory is that Keef slipped on his own lubrication.
10-18-02 04:05 PM
gypsy I agree with Martha! Keef OOZES sex...