ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kicking Ass on the Album Charts Return to archive
10-17-02 11:26 AM
lucasd4 While FORTY LICKS may not reach #1 on the U.S. charts, it is doing very well here and all around the world...it's also one more addition to the band's massive catalog of hit albums...FORTY LICKS is the 39th Stones album to reach the Top 40...third place all-time behind Elvis and Frank Sinatra...FL is their 35th album to reach the Top 10--they are #1 in this category....FL is their 30th album to reach the Top 5...#1 again in this category...they are also the only musical act to have a Top 5 album in five different decades
10-17-02 11:29 AM
Moonisup 1 elvis 30 #1 hits - elvis presley
2 forty licks - rolling stones
3 the ragpicker's dream - mark knopfler
4 verliefd - k3
5 tequila sunset - bzn
6 bounce - bon jovi
7 nellyville - nelly
8 feels so good - atomic kitten
9 the eminem show - eminem
10 let go - avril lavigne

Jovi is now where here in Holland
10-17-02 11:35 AM
jb Good job Rik...also thanks for your comments the other day....5 days before the shows...unfortunately, looking at todays header, Mick must have cut his hair again...he looks very dorkish with short hair...remember 89 haircut..just horrible...94 was great ...very long...
10-17-02 11:44 AM
Moonisup 1989 was a disaster indeed, also charlie looked horrible then! I like their 1997 haircut! Keith with the grey hair! Mick looked younger then with that haircut

rik
10-17-02 11:46 AM
jb I thought Charlie looked extremely bad in the "Waiting on a Friend" video..early stages of male pattern baldness, nerdy polyester pants...Keith last looked good 1981..
[Edited by jb]
10-17-02 11:50 AM
Moonisup why do you think he last looked good on the tatoo tour?? In 1997 just looked well like keith, no nonsense, grey hair, not ashamed to show it!! It's better then that bandana he has now!! that is cover up his slinking hair line, well hell I don't care!!

I just watched the bbc totp again, he his fingers had gotten bad, even more morse then on the RS cover, a miracle that he still can play. Respect man, respect!!!!
[Edited by Moonisup]
10-17-02 11:56 AM
jb Well 81 was the last classic Keith look...full head of haiir...jeans and skull T-shirt..boots...Lately, he is wearing outfits that belong on Liza Minelli...stop the sequin thing!!! The problem Keith has, is that his entire frontal hairline is extremely thin...he has good donor hair , like most men, on the back of head, and he could have got a virtually invisible hairline transplanted...he must be jealous of Ronnies still great hair!!! Also, I am afraid to send you money as the money I sent Geraldo last monday still has not reached him...I am going to have to send him a registered mail check if he does not receive $ by next week...some guy in the Mexican post office is spending my money as we talk!!!
[Edited by jb]
10-17-02 12:00 PM
Moonisup I know the classic keith died in 1982 but well 1997 was better then 1994 en 1989!
10-17-02 12:04 PM
jb I wish i looked like I did 20 yrs ago..I could divorce my wife and have fun with the new generation of 20 year olds who all look like Britney or Chritian...I havbe to settle for flirting with 40 year old woman ...You are a lucky bastard Moon...I will return to Amsterdam one day and visit the red light district with you...my treat!!!
[Edited by jb]
Also, why is Keith still using that line "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere"..this was cute the first time he said it in 94...but enough ..get a new line...thank god he is'nt doing that bullshit thing with Chuck Leavel anymore during HTW..is Keith becoming a nerd?
[Edited by jb]
10-17-02 12:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot What's with that HTW piano solo....Keef doesn't play with his foot anymore, but now Chuck pretends to fall down dead tired after his solo. Same stupid shit, different guy pullin' it.
10-17-02 12:28 PM
Moonisup maybe he means it, ore he has run out of lines!!

hhahah would be cool us together in Amsterdam, the coolest guys then in Amsterdam, there are some beautiful girls hahaahha
10-17-02 01:22 PM
jb You mean Chuck is hamming it up now?
10-17-02 01:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck Yup jb.

He did the same dang thing in all 4 shows that I saw.
10-17-02 01:32 PM
jb Well, atleast they allegedly have lowered his mix and Keith is not doing that pathetic Footsy thing...could you imagine Nicky Hopkins, Ian McClagen or Ian Steward acting like such a jack-ass...
10-17-02 01:33 PM
Boomhauer Yes lucas, you are right. I just wish "Don't STop" would get more promo because this could boost up sales a bit more. On Billboard it said that Forty Licks made a 53% drop from the 2 to 3 spot. But......Bon Jovi will probably make a 75% drop until the charts come next week. With all of the shows Bon Jovi has been on, they only sold 170,00 albums? This just shows how the music industry is in a slump. I read an article in Rolling Stone that album prices can not go any lower than they are now- they are in a huge slump. They say that record companies are going to do more of the deluxe or limited editions with the albums (DVD's to be exact; behind the scenes footage, videos, live shows).

The Stones should have put a DVD with videos out at the same time, IMO.

jb:

Didn't you say that you think you resemble Keith in 1989 at the rock n' roll hall of fame in your avatar? Do you still have the long hair or did you cut it off? Also, is it true you had the "Dirty Work" poster hanging in your room in college while all the other bastards were jamming to Bon Jovi and Duran Duran?
10-17-02 01:37 PM
jb Yes, Boomhauer...but the hair is shorter now ....I also had the giant poster of Mick(shirtlees) and the boys which I think was a promo UnderCover...
10-17-02 01:44 PM
Boomhauer That's cool. I wish I could find some of those album cover posters, especially Dirty Work. I think it's awesome!

Yeah, I have hair like Mick, except mine is thicker like his used to be( even though his thickness it pretty damn good, if you ask me, but it's not like the early days). Not too short and not too long.

Last year I had the same hair style, and I cut it off. I regreted it from that very moment. I've always had long hair (not like down to the shoulders, though). I get that thickness in the back, so I can't grow it that long.

So I grew it back. I find that the college chicks really dig guys with wavy, thick hair, because it's different, ya know? And plus, I always had the thought of when I still have my hair, I might as well keep it longer, because I don't know what the hell I'll look like in 20-30 years!
[Edited by Boomhauer]
10-17-02 01:46 PM
jb Enjoy your hair ....I had amazing Keith 70's hair up until I was 35....last five years, receding hairline , although still no bald spots unlike many who post here...Look at poor Keith!!!
10-17-02 02:49 PM
Raging GOAT!!! J the B,

Goat 40 but flirt-fucking with the 21 years (to turn 21 3 weeks ago, yow!). Got the Eurasian with hump-butt/long-legs. Tight. Small on top but goatsickle don't complain. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe! Blondish hair. Smart. Psychedelic. Secret is carrots, ginseng, and St. John's Wort. Goat keep going-to-going-to-going...
10-17-02 03:03 PM
jb I started taking 2 teaspoons of apple-cider vinegar each evening before retiring...
10-17-02 03:10 PM
Moonisup hmmmmmmm euros girls are soooooo hot, Dutch girls hmmmm long legs big tits heaven
10-17-02 03:20 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Raging GOAT!!! wrote:
J the B,

Goat 40 but flirt-fucking with the 21 years (to turn 21 3 weeks ago, yow!). Got the Eurasian with hump-butt/long-legs. Tight. Small on top but goatsickle don't complain. Hehehehehehehehehehehehe! Blondish hair. Smart. Psychedelic. Secret is carrots, ginseng, and St. John's Wort. Goat keep going-to-going-to-going...

Just seeing that cow makes me giddy in delight, because I know a quality post will be attached. Rock on, Raging GOAT!!!!!
10-17-02 03:22 PM
jb I have chosen the quantity rather than quality approach and I believe I am now in the lead!!!
10-17-02 03:34 PM
stonesmik Every true Stonesfan believes in quantity. At last the Stones will just outnumber the Beatles. 40 more years and they will have more no. 1 singles and albums and decades and everything than anybody. The Beatles may have been like lightning, they're long gone guys, but we can still hear the thunder of the Rolling Stones.
10-17-02 03:39 PM
Moonisup stonesmilk correct said!!

50 years of popular music
40 years of stones

need I say more
10-17-02 03:40 PM
jb Very true Stonesmik....Your New York Town friend...