ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Life forever changed Return to archive
10-17-02 01:02 AM
Martha After having seen the Stones in Detroit and Cleveland...and being so blown away, things have forever changed in my life.

For instance...........

I can't stand the thought that Sunday might be the last Stones show I see on this tour so I am keeping tight to the hope we might be able to make it to CO in February! Otherwise the holidays will have a dark cloud overhead I'm afraid......I love (actually I think it falls into the category of NEED) having another show to look forward to.

My 6-disc CDchanger has nothing but the Stones in each space....I can listen to nothing else today. I'm certain tomorrow will be no different. It ALL sounds so unbelievably good (Exile playin' hard right now)..of course the new stereo is a major contributing factor...as are great Stones classics..Exile, LIB, Some Girls, Sticky, Black and Blue...Circus...yeah....I got it bad!

Met a nice guy from Holland at the Cleveland show and if money falls outta the sky want to go to the shows in Europe next year, hey he invited us over...developing......

Picked up a CD copy of "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus" at the Rock Hall so I can listen to it in the vehicle and on the new stereo (b-day gift to self..good choice ehhh...)! I've had to listen to it four times since, I got it yesterday late afternoon. I'm not done listening yet.
Especially jammin' on Parachute Woman right now.
Yes, I got it BAD!

I'm sure more changes will begin to pop up...perhaps I will feel unable to wear clothing unless it reflects their logo.

Yes I got it bad.

And......

Stones is Stones.
10-17-02 01:51 AM
gypsy Oh, Martha, you poor dear. You're more than welcome to come to the Oklahoma City show with me. It's Jan. 28th...
10-17-02 01:51 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Martha wrote:
perhaps I will feel unable to wear clothing unless it reflects their logo.

Dirty Macs for everyone!

(Great post--I envy the shows you've already experienced!)
10-17-02 08:24 AM
Maxlugar Awesome Martha.

How's that Beck sounding on the new sound system?

Beckilicious?

F-Yup!

10-17-02 08:37 AM
scope I doubt you will be listening to anything else for a while (no offense to the Beck Maxy sent you). I still carry nothing but Stones in the car. This morning, for the first time this month, I actually listened to the radio on the way to work. This afternoon, it'll be More Hot Rocks. And once the NYC shows get in my hands......Oh boy oh boy!

10-17-02 08:38 AM
nankerphelge Doncha hate that "when will I see them again" feeling you get after your last show. Talk about withdrawl -- it is downright depressin'!! And no amount of listening to CDs or watching videos helps -- it is the need for it LIVE!

10-17-02 09:56 AM
Scottfree My 6 disc carousel, has only accepted Stones discs for the past dozen years, it just refuses to play anything but....
10-17-02 10:00 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
My 6 disc carousel, has only accepted Stones discs for the past dozen years, it just refuses to play anything but....

I bought one of those too!!!!!!!!!
10-17-02 10:00 AM
Scottfree It has rained men before Martha, perhaps money will fall out of the sky. When I was a pup, my neighbor convinced me he had a money tree, so yes money did and does grow on trees. Just start looking for those money tress, there is one in Mansfield, Ohio.....
10-17-02 01:17 PM
Martha Oklahoma is peeking my interest Gypsy...and that's a Sunday...doable..hum....

gotta get to another show after Columbus....<---- New mantra

Can you give me the directions/crossstreets to that money tree deal SF?

developing........

Awake and listening to the Rolling Stones..greatest rock and roll band of all time..ever....
10-17-02 01:37 PM
Joey " I can't stand the thought that Sunday might be the last Stones show I see on this tour so I am keeping tight to the hope we might be able to make it to CO in February! "

You make young Joey all giddy !

See ya there ..............
10-17-02 01:43 PM
jb This may very well be the last show you will ever see martha....I have a gut feeling that this is it....trust me...visit Joey....
10-17-02 01:54 PM
Moonisup qoute on charlie:

"this won't be the last tour, at least not the last time we are performng together"
10-17-02 02:03 PM
jb From this tour? Where?
10-17-02 02:06 PM
Moonisup it was taken from an interview right after ore before the New York press conference, it was an audiofile, I have found it somewhere!! Don't know the site, but the quote gives us hope!!!

the wooden shoe