ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Return to archive Page: 1 2
10-16-02 07:45 AM
Maxlugar It's actually not a mispelled Tursday but Turdsday.

Get it? Turds? Hee hee!

Those Stones!
10-16-02 08:38 AM
Maxlugar Hey look behind the pad Ronnie is writting on and you'll see they were rehearsing Voodoo Lounge in order!

The greatest album since 1986!

Yeah? You think there's a better one? Don't give me none of that Dylan shit!

It's a fact. It's Voodoo Lounge.

Toby (The Crying Shark) Maxy!
10-16-02 08:51 AM
nankerphelge Maybe its Stones post-partum, or the sniper, or this fucking snotty cold that has had me down for a week, or the rainy ugly day in DC, but I'm a bit pissed that as much as the Stones have mixed it up for us this tour, there are still a ton of songs they rehearsed that haven't made it into a show yet.

Greedy? Hell no -- if they took the time to dust them off, fucking play 'em!! This band is clicking like crazy and we shouldn't let them off the hook for all those gems! I'm hoping they do some more tinkering with the set lists over the next few shows so I can be insanely jealous of all those attending!!

Alright, I'm done bitchin' -- back to my warm and joyous self...

10-16-02 08:58 AM
stonedinaustralia nanker - how's the trip to san francisco shaping up? - still on the cards?

when are they due there?
10-16-02 09:11 AM
nankerphelge Nov. 8th and 9th are the San Fran shows at Pac Bell and Oakland on the 12th. Still working on being there -- the usual: red wine, chanting, fire in the basement -- so far, nothing! I remain hopeful though -- we have a few weeks to work it.

Work it big guy, work it!

10-16-02 09:17 AM
Maxlugar Yeah Nanky!

What happend to Had It with You?

Dirty Fukkers!
10-16-02 09:23 AM
nankerphelge Fuckin' right -- that would be such an awesome B-stage tune -- Mick just blastin the harp! Where the fuck is it?
10-16-02 10:01 AM
Sir Stonesalot Aw hell fellas. I'm not much for collecting songs. They can play whatever they want. I don't bother me none.
10-16-02 10:03 AM
F505 Ronnie can't paint but he can't write (turdday) as well. And to some he can't play guitar either....
10-16-02 10:28 AM
jb I think his artwork is pretty good....
10-16-02 10:34 AM
F505 ronnies bungling is at the most a try to excell the coloured pencil drawings of his 2 year old son (who is now 26)
10-16-02 10:40 AM
jb I think his pictures go for thoudands of dollars!
10-16-02 10:51 AM
F505 that's because his name is Ron Wood. If his name was Harry Smith he wouldn't sell anything....
10-16-02 10:54 AM
Maxlugar I went to a gallery of his stuff in San Francisco and it was very good.

He has real talent.

And for the last time, he purposely misspelled "Thursday" as "Turdsday". Is your brain full of turds?
10-16-02 11:00 AM
nankerphelge I agree -- I like his work. I think some of it is when he was half in the bag (or completely in it) but others are great. Helluva lot better than some of the crap I see from other "artistes"!!
10-16-02 11:02 AM
F505 some stones fans like everything; they even like the wet farts of the boys...
10-16-02 11:06 AM
Maxlugar Well, no one can accuse ME of that, F505.

I'm the one boycotting 40 Licks!

Speaking of 40 Licks, my brother inlaw will be buying it and burning me the four new tracks. YES! You see folks, he is the real target audience of this disk: A person who has always liked their hits from hearing them on the radio but never went out a bought a lot of their stuff. Now he has the chance to get all their hits in one box.
10-16-02 11:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, now I know why they didn't throw me a birthday party....they were in Toronto doing Mothers Littel Helper.

I can live with that.
10-16-02 11:12 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey F505, anyone who wants to sniff the boys wet farts...that's fine by me.

Is there some kind of rule against it?
10-16-02 01:37 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
F505 wrote:
that's because his name is Ron Wood. If his name was Harry Smith he wouldn't sell anything....

Actually, Harry Smith's painted films and artwork go for thousands of dollars and are substantially better than Ron Wood's.
10-16-02 01:44 PM
jb He has also been added as the new morning host for CBS...
10-16-02 01:48 PM
Moonisup
quote:
F505 wrote:
some stones fans like everything; they even like the wet farts of the boys...

Well F505, are you having your period, even other painters say that he paints good, you don't have to like it to see that he has a good hand!!

rik
10-16-02 01:50 PM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
I think his artwork is pretty good....

I do too JB, just got the chance to see his exhibit yesterday at the Rock Hall. Met Stonzy78 and Toronto Tom and his friend there too! They were pouring over the rehearsal sets that were included in this exhibit!

We spoke to a security guy who gave us the skinny on Ronnie's exhibit opening. He told us that Ronnie arrived late was extremely nervous and stayed only 15-20 minutes (drinking only diet coke). He said that Ronnie is grey and looks like the years have been hard on him...that grey color is directly the result of chain smoking cigs..I know people that have that color...it don't come from the booze.

People were charged $25 bucks to be able to see him...we didn't know about it until afterwards. None of the other Stones came along.

Oh yea the guy told us that Keef has billards table that he somehow manages to take with him so he shooting pool before every gig to unwind!

More info nuggets to come once I can settle in and write my reviews of Detroit and Cleveland.
10-16-02 03:40 PM
jb That's kind of sad about Ronnie...hopefully, his new clean living, will reverse some of the damage..it has apparently worked for Keith....
10-16-02 04:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
That's kind of sad about Ronnie...hopefully, his new clean living, will reverse some of the damage..it has apparently worked for Keith....

Yeah, it's a pity - his playing's sure as hell great, though! And Ronnie's clean as a whistle - Keith smokes ciggies and drinks like a mofo and still manages to kill the hell outta the music.

Bam! Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood! The 'weave'! The absolute slaying power... and then... kapow! There goes that sniper!

-tSYX --- Well I love ya dirty fucker...
10-16-02 05:31 PM
Moonisup Well strange, when I saw Ronnie at the BBC last Saturday, he looked very very healthy!!!! What is the truth! Everybody who say that docu said that he looked healthy!

rik
10-16-02 05:36 PM
MidnightRambler I think it's safe to say that we shouldn't take to heart anyone's opinions about the Stones who aren't as hardcore as the people who post on this board! This guy who said Ronnie was pale and grey---I can guarantee isn't on the same level as us--so what he saw was the only time he can base his judgement on Ronnie. Us, on the other hand, have seen Ronnie tons and tons of times, pictures of him from the tour, video from the tour, whatever, and we KNOW he looks great and sounds great.

Ronnie B. Goode!!
10-16-02 05:58 PM
Martha Ronnie is full of energy and playing like nobody's business..that's the gods truth.

The person that said he looked like the years had been tough spoke specifically about his skin color..and that he was inches away from him before he really noticed it. He also mentioned that his coloring looks better on camera and at the shows...and wondered (out loud to us) if they have some makeup on him then..I actually wondered that myself about all of them...who knows I know they make-up everyone for the boob tube....lighting is everything!

He didn't say that Ronnie looked sick..just grey.
10-16-02 08:30 PM
Scot Rocks Don't worry about grey, our ex PM here John Major - I think he is with the Carlyle Group now - was the greyest person alive and it has now been revealed that to our shock that he had been having an affair with a fellow minister in the late 80s!!!!Grey can be deceptive!!!!lol

Mark
[Edited by Scot Rocks]
10-16-02 08:38 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alright, Ronnie boy!

You played "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing In The Shadow?"...

Why aren't you playin' it live?

Anyone who had their neck permanantly craned from stickin' their ear to the door in Toronto know how it sounded?

-tSYX --- Well it's all right, even if the sun don't shine, well it's all right, we're goin' to the end of the line...
Page: 1 2