ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Post's Aquilante says Bowie blew away Stones Friday Night. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-17-02 09:28 AM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck Yup Maxy.

They'll give us grits with our breakfast...regardless if we order it or not.

We can drive over to Chattanooga and take a torch-lit prowl around Chicamagua Battlefield.

We can see if the strippers know how to turn their nipples into birthday candles.

We can drink roadhouse corn from sterling silver flasks, and say, "ya'll" a lot.

We can try out N.C. homegrown...with white lightnin' chaser.

If we time it right, we can even watch cars go in circles really fast.

Did the Stones ever put out a tongue with the stars and bars on it?

They oughta.
10-17-02 09:33 AM
nankerphelge We can find Daisy Duke and make her bark like a dog!!
10-17-02 11:09 AM
Maxlugar If you've seen Daisy lately you wouldn't want to.

She's being hitting the Southern Fried Steak cart a little too much, ya'll know what a'm sayin'?

Shit yeah!

General Maxy Lee.
10-17-02 11:14 AM
nankerphelge Jeez that's too bad...it's just a doggone shame when one of them there hottie gals gets ta eatin' too much and blows up real big like! Makes a man want to turn to his livestock...
10-17-02 11:23 AM
jb same thing happened to the girl on Beverly Hillbillies...and Lauren Tews of LoveBoat fame...
10-17-02 11:45 AM
Nasty Habits We can go knock the lawn jockeys holding rebel flags in South Carolinians yards over.

We can say howdy to the black guy who wears a rebel uniform and waves the confederate flag and holds a sign that says "Heritage Not Hate."

We can hear some of the best bluegrass music you'll ever hear in your life.

We can drive around playing "spot the scariest church marquee slogan". All time #1: "Stop, Drop, and Roll Doesn't Work in Hell". Number two: "Jesus is God with skin on!"

We can thumb through something called "The Black Pages".

Oh, there is no end of fun in the Carolinas!

10-17-02 12:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Robbie Fulks says N.C is the cigarette state.

Could we go cow tippin'?
10-17-02 01:01 PM
Maxlugar "Stop, Drop, and Roll Doesn't Work in Hell".

I can't tell you how much I like that.

Those church folk are fucking bastard-ass geniuses!

Stones!
10-17-02 01:09 PM
FPM C10 Sorry I missed out on this thread - I just got back online. Anyway, please stop by and pick me up on the way to North Carolina.

I haven't looked at the map but I don't think Chickamauga is really too close to North Carolina.

Some people say "Chickamauga" is Indian for "River of Death" - others say it actually means "stagnant water" - same thing but very different!

Out of sight, out of mind: invisible maniac

You know, NC really IS do-able. Is there a yard we can build a fire in?

As Chesty Morgan said at age 13: developing!
10-17-02 01:17 PM
Maxlugar We'll light a fire wherever we damn well please.

I hope Nay-Stay Hay-bits realizes that ya'll......

MAY-XY!
10-17-02 01:54 PM
parmeda
quote:
Damn Parmeda, One of those quotes is going up down at the Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy

Love 'em! Thanks.

MAXY!

Which of those intrigued you the most...
Here's a favorite of mine that I didn't post.

"Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons, and you will find that it is to the soul what the water bath is to the body."
~Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809 - 1894)
10-17-02 02:41 PM
Nasty Habits I realize that if summit is declared in Asheville North Carolina that I have no real say in the matter and will do the best I can to live up to and exceed all of my responsibilities and duties.

"We talk real funny down here. We drink too much, we laugh to loud. We're too dumb to make it in no Northern town . . . We got no-necked oilmen from Texas, good old boys from Tennessee, and college men from L.S.U., Went in dumb, come out dumb, too. Hustlin' 'round Atlanta in their Alligator shoes, getting drunk every weekend at the barbeque . . . "

Parmeda -- G.K. Chesterson is one of my favorite writers. Thanks for putting me in his company. That was very flattering.

10-17-02 02:49 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

You mentioned Television...When I went through my punk phase, I was a Richard Hell-ite. When I send you the Tower show, remind me to send the Television stuff that I have as well.

Forgot to respond to this!

The first part of that second sentence made my nipples stand on end.

I saw Television about two months ago in San Fransisco. They were pretty fabulous - that old contentious chemistry was still in the air and sometimes they Blowed Up real good. Not as good as seeing Arthur Lee and Love the next night, but pretty great nonetheless. I have quite a little bit of Television, but am glad to have more -- have you heard the 2001 Chicago gig? It's aud, but an excellent, wild performance. My all time fave TV boot has got to be Arrow, but Double Exposure, with the Hell stuff, is a close second. The TV era Blank Generation is peerlessly sleazy.
10-17-02 03:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot "Blank Generation" is one of my theme songs.

As is "Ace Of Spades".

As is "Midnight Rambler".

As is "Rain Dogs".

As is "If I Should Fall From Grace With God".

As is "Monkey Man"(The Specials version).

As are a bunch more that I don't have time to jot down right now.

BTW, NC summit is a done deal as far as I'm concerned.

10-17-02 03:58 PM
Maxlugar I'm already there and back!

Love it!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy!
10-17-02 09:18 PM
scope Nasty, just got to reading your story right before leaving work. Wow, it blew me away. I wanted to get the hell out of the office but once starting to read that post, expecting to blow right through it and go home, I was hooked. I didn't want it to end. Alot of us end up in jobs that make we can make a good living, but many a day, have to drag our asses into work. What a pleasure it must be to doing something you love and cherish every day. Damn, you got a job that most us have to make time for as a hobby.
Put me on the caravan to NC so's that I too can share drinks with you and have some grits with my eggs.

10-18-02 12:05 AM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Not black/white you flea bitten moron. There is no intimacy you jackass.

Hey. Watch it with the "flea bitten" stuff unless you mean that in a GOOD way. Now, I get "Gypsy" and Gypsymofo" mixed up - I would be happy to bite the one who gets topless at the drop of a hat. If not actually bite, then nibble.

And as for intimacy, I believe they have a daughter. Jesus, they're two of the most amazing looking humans on the planet, I think they'd probably do the deed once in awhile just to watch the playback.
10-18-02 12:59 AM
Gimme Shelter The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
The Who
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
The Kinks
Eric Clapton
Led Zeppelin
U2