ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Air Canada Centre by Rick with thanks to Brenda, Tony & Rachel
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:

CLICK THE IMAGE AND LISTEN THE ROLLING STONES WEB RADIO SPECIAL!!!

[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Post's Aquilante says Bowie blew away Stones Friday Night. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10-14-02 12:43 PM
Maxlugar This from the man who HATED Roseland.

Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Waaaaa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
10-14-02 12:46 PM
jb Post his e-mail please..
10-14-02 12:57 PM
Maxlugar It doesn't list it.

But check out this paragraph:

"The Rolling Stones tried to get close to fans with their Roseland show a couple of weeks ago but failed because the big bad boys of Rock and Roll treated it like any other gig."

Holy friggin' moly!

10-14-02 01:02 PM
jb How many did Bowie play for-100? When you have to perform in a Bar for 10.00 a ticket, you can get pretty close to your fans..just ask Vince Neil..or the former lead singer for Ratt.
[Edited by jb]
10-14-02 01:04 PM
sirmoonie Man, what a dope.

Why do people like that exist? Its a shame.
10-14-02 01:26 PM
Harrylime Most of Bowie's recent stuff is dire.He tries so hard to be cool and relevent,but fails on both counts..
10-14-02 01:40 PM
Maxlugar He played for 300 of his closest gay friends.

The "Yoooo Hooooo!" factor was high.

The SavageYoungMAXY!
10-14-02 01:43 PM
luridchief I gotta disagree--Bowie's latest album is great!

I hate when folks have to play one great act against another. The Stones are my #1 all time faves, but I'd probably put Bowie right up there at #2!

10-14-02 01:48 PM
jb Max, I love your political incorrectness!!!!
10-14-02 03:13 PM
gypsy I thought he BLEW the Stones.
10-14-02 03:13 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Man, what a dope.

Why do people like that exist? Its a shame.

Aquilante is one of the worst 'rock' columnists out there.
Seems like he doesn't like anybody.
10-14-02 03:41 PM
jb New York is no longer the Stones #1 venue...clearly San Francisco has taken over!!!!
10-14-02 03:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bowie is way high on my list. I didn't really care all that much for his last couple of albums, but they were still light years better than most of the drek that was released.

Bowie is one of rock and Rolls all time great song writers and performers.
10-14-02 03:54 PM
jb Bowie is very jealous of Mick..always nicely knocking him in the news...I like 2 Bowie songs...'Changes" and the queen collaboration "Under Pressure"....
10-14-02 03:56 PM
Maxlugar Yeah but SS'y, better than the Stones?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

10-14-02 04:00 PM
Mickjagger1963 David Bowie is like Mick's solo career, however Bowie dosent have the Stones to fal back on.
10-14-02 04:04 PM
Moonisup the only thing bowie blows lately is cocks,

but serious, bowie has declined over the years!! a bad thing, I used to like him a bit! He is just as bad as the eagles ore Billy joel now

rik
10-14-02 04:20 PM
glencar Aquilante is actually a good writer. I think someone in the Stones camp screwed him over & he's taking it too far. Bowie's doing an interesting tour of NYC's 5 boroughs. He'll be at Jimmy's Bronx Cafe on Wednesday or Thursday night.
10-14-02 04:56 PM
stonedinaustralia yes his later output (what i've heard of it) isn't terribly captivating but i'd say he's still a fairly forward thinking mu%$erf$%er

i mean, that idea of selling shares in himself and setting up his own bank - i bet mick wished he'd of thought of that (ha ha)!!

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
10-14-02 06:50 PM
Pants Make the Man This Aquilante guy- what's his problem? He sounds like a whining sissy. Bowie does not rock harder than the Rolling Stones- that's absurd. I do, however, like "Golden Years".
10-14-02 07:19 PM
Saint Sway I read the article. Dan Asswipe basically said the concert was the best of the year because Bowie made eye contact with him during "Low".

cant believe he has a job as a rock critic for a NY paper. He's not even qualified to write fan club letters for N'Sync.

where does he get off dissing the Stones Roseland show?? I bet the Stones could play a kick-ass concert in his apartment and he would probably still be unimpressed.

such an asswipe
10-14-02 10:25 PM
BILL PERKS BOWIE IS GREAT,PERFORMING BETTER THAN EVER,BUT PLEASE.IT WOULD BE A GAS IF HE OPENED FOR THE STONES THOUGH!
10-14-02 10:29 PM
full moon Bowie and The Stones both jam, period...
10-14-02 10:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot 1. Stones
2. Dylan
3. Beatles
4. Clash
5. Bowie

See. Pretty high on my list.
10-14-02 10:51 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
1. Stones
2. Dylan
3. Beatles
4. Clash
5. Bowie

See. Pretty high on my list.

Me--Stones, Dead, Who, Dylan, Zeppelin
10-15-02 01:22 AM
sirmoonie This is god's list, right here (he told me a few nights ago):

1. The Rolling Stones
2. The Who
3. Neil Young
4. Bob Dylan
5. The Clash

Then god said that a bunch of others start to mix and biff puss it up including, and in NO particular order, and NOT limited to:

Stewart, Allmans, Lynryd, Marley, Beatles, Morrison, Petty, AC/DC (yep! they have the Drive god said), Velvet Underground, Animals, Zep (god pondered that one and then said yeah, what the Hell do I care?), Nirvana, Elvis P., Chuck B., Johnny C., Muddy W., John Lee H.,.....

Then god got tired of trying to educate me.

Then god said you can't go wrong with those artists I mentioned. Then god said you should listen to them more. I said "God, I do listen to them." Then god said "Bless you my son. You're not as fucked up as I remember making you."

Thats all I can remember about what god said. We were both drinking a lot that night.

Holy fucking piss! Isn't rock and roll music a lot of fun! Fucking love that stuff! Love it! Makes my life feel all good and stuff like that. I'm glad I had that convo with god.

P.S. God told me later that he is sending the Eagles and Creed and all their fans to hell until they wise up. I said "Why, just cuz they be all dumb-ass mackerel-fuckers and shit like that?" And then god paused for a moment and said "Fuck yup!"
10-15-02 06:27 AM
Scot Rocks I like Bowie too, don't have much stuff though.

My top 5 is

1 - The Stones
2 - The Who
3 - Clapton
4 - Bowie
5 - U2

Mark
10-15-02 08:13 AM
Factory Girl My top 5

1. Stones
2. Stooges
3. Solo Iggy
4. Led Zep
5. Sinatra

Btw, I won tix to see Bowie this summer. He was playing Area 2 festival with Moby and some rap dude. I used to be a big Bowie fan, but he doesn't interest me anymore.
10-15-02 08:51 AM
Mathijs Isn't quite pathetic to slaughter anyone who isn't in the Stones, and to decimate anyone whom writes something negative about the Stones? And concluding from the fave's list here: does any of you you have a clue that there was music made after 1977, and not only by the Rolling Stones?

Mathijs
10-15-02 08:52 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
My top 5

1. Stones
2. Stooges
3. Solo Iggy
4. Led Zep
5. Sinatra

Btw, I won tix to see Bowie this summer. He was playing Area 2 festival with Moby and some rap dude. I used to be a big Bowie fan, but he doesn't interest me anymore.

Frank Sinatra? There's a Sinatra movie on Cinemax right now called "Come Blow Your Horn". It's a comedy. The plot is that Frankie is trying to get his shy and retiring-but charming- little brother a lady. Well, Frankie finally hook's him up with one of his MANY lady friend's, get's him to swing, baby, and mayhem+merriment ensue's. The movie is set in 1963 Manhattan. 'Really good stuff- not corny at all.
Page: 1 2 3 4