ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Spice Girls vs ABBA Return to archive
15th October 2007 09:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I've always been of the opinion that ABBA are greatly underrated. I'll admit that I have to be in the right mood for ABBA....and it doesn't very often....but once in awhile it does. The talent was there if not the "right" kind of music. Spice Girls? I can see why a classroom of 10 year old girls might like them. And there's noting wrong with that.
15th October 2007 09:44 AM
egon abba are great.
spice girls are shit.
No more needs to be said.
[Edited by egon]
15th October 2007 09:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
abba are great.
spice girls are shit.
No more needs to be said.

I think that's true. It's the perception that ABBA are just a junk pop band that disturbs me.
15th October 2007 10:26 AM
gimmekeef What disturbs me is an ABBA thread on this board....I draw the line at thongs....
15th October 2007 11:26 AM
mojoman ABBA rock
15th October 2007 02:06 PM
lotsajizz ABBA sucks
always did
15th October 2007 02:08 PM
Some Guy Spice Girls rule.
15th October 2007 02:31 PM
robpop Abba or Spice Girls? I'd rather....

[Edited by robpop]
15th October 2007 02:42 PM
BILL PERKS ABBA WAS FANTASTIC..POSH SPICE IS DELICIOUS..SPORTY WAS A DYKE
15th October 2007 04:08 PM
mojoman gazza i apologize for not placing my previous post on the anal sex thread........
15th October 2007 04:59 PM
TomL The Spice Girls have nicer pee pee's though.
15th October 2007 10:06 PM
mrhipfl U2 Lead Singer and Pop Star Bono laughed off the notion of collaborating with the Spice Girls in the recent future.

The girl band is due for a greatest hits before Christmas, and a rumor spreaded that Bono had been ordered by the record label to write a track. U2 manager Paul McGuinness denies any association with them.

McGuinness said:

"We're great fans of the Spice Girls. But rumors the Bono is to join them as a sixth member is sadly not true. However British super-producer Mark Ronson is desperate to work with the five-piece."

Bono then went onto say: "I love the Spice Girls. I think their music is great. I would love to do a remix of Stop - that's easily my favorite."
15th October 2007 10:58 PM
pdog I would like to throw huge handfuls of my fesces at all of you!
15th October 2007 11:46 PM
Zack
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ABBA WAS FANTASTIC..POSH SPICE IS DELICIOUS..SPORTY WAS A DYKE

Perks, what are they putting in that Delaware Valley water? Ginger is the delicious Spice. Posh is a skank.

In Abba, it was the guys with the talent. They actually wrote the songs and played the instruments. The Spice Girls had armies of writers and producers.
16th October 2007 10:44 AM
Jumacfly ABBa and Spice Girls are better than ABB
16th October 2007 10:51 AM
PartyDoll MEG Voodoo

Can you Please cut and paste this thread into TomL's famous thread where it belongs??!
16th October 2007 01:39 PM
steel driving hammer Howe about The Spice Girls vs Brittany Spears?

I don't really care.

But ABBA was ok.
16th October 2007 01:45 PM
Dan The mystery of the missing 30,000 Spice Girls tickets deepens. I called a friend who worked at a Ticketmaster asking for demographic information on people buying Spice Girls tickets as I am trying to figure out howe they could sell out 2 L.A. shows. He said he never sold a single ticket or had a single in store inquiry. Now I know most sales are online these days but he said they had about 15 people for Springsteen and 10 for Ozzy.
16th October 2007 01:52 PM
Starbuck my god.

i come here to get away from "Gay Dutch Week II" at the couch and this...this is what i get?

16th October 2007 02:05 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
my god.

i come here to get away from "Gay Dutch Week II" at the couch and this...this is what i get?

Wow Scary Spice is lookin bad these days!
16th October 2007 02:13 PM
guitarman53 It's like comparing 70's Disco to today's music, as much as I hated some Disco back then (it was the in thing to knock disco) I'd rather that then the Spice Girls.
16th October 2007 03:19 PM
mojoman
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
It's like comparing 70's Disco to today's music, as much as I hated some Disco back then (it was the in thing to knock disco) I'd rather that then the Spice Girls.

knock on wood
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)