ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Eagles @ Superbowl halftime? Return to archive
13th October 2007 02:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The Eagles to play private London gig
'Hotel California' band also rumoured for Super Bowl

12.Oct.07 2:08pm
NME

The Eagles are to play a one-off private gig in London's Indigo venue at the O2 Arena on 31 October.

Tickets, which are reported to cost up to £950 plus VAT, will not be available to the public - only to invited members of the music industry.

A spokeswoman for the event said it was a "once in a lifetime gig" to mark the release of 'Long Road Out Of Eden' on October 29, reports BBC News.

Meanwhile the band are also rumoured to be close to signing a deal with the NFL in the US to play the halftime show at the 2008 Super Bowl which takes place on February 3.
13th October 2007 02:46 PM
gimmekeef Eagles....in Superbowl?....ohhhh the band.....A good reason not to tune in....besides Pats will be up on NFC by 17 at half anyway.....
13th October 2007 02:55 PM
pdog it will be bruce... don't you listen to me, i've been saying it all year.
13th October 2007 04:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Eagles to play private London gig
'Hotel California' band also rumoured for Super Bowl

12.Oct.07 2:08pm
NME

The Eagles are to play a one-off private gig in London's Indigo venue at the O2 Arena on 31 October.

Tickets, which are reported to cost up to ?50 plus VAT, will not be available to the public - only to invited members of the music industry.

A spokeswoman for the event said it was a "once in a lifetime gig" to mark the release of 'Long Road Out Of Eden' on October 29, reports BBC News.

Meanwhile the band are also rumoured to be close to signing a deal with the NFL in the US to play the halftime show at the 2008 Super Bowl which takes place on February 3.

I like this --- The Eagles are a great Rock & Roll band because of one unique talent --- Jersey Joe Walsh ( born in Wichita , KS )

Somebody also mentioned that " THE WHO " might be performing this February at The Super Bowl ( Glendale ' Cardinals ' Stadium -- Home of this year's Super Bowl ) .

My family and myself took a tour of the venue a few weeks ago and it is a spectacular facility --- Tours run throughout the season and only cost five bucks ( Cheap ) .

Our Tour guide showed us the helicopter pad used by the Cardinals' Owner and Mick Jagger last November . One of the helicopter pilots who flew Mick to the gig recently died -- he was killed in the ' mid -air collision ' last summer between those two Television News Helicopters covering some car chase . At his funeral , the eulogist told the story of how the pilot was a big fan of the Stones . After the concert . when the pilot was flying Mick back to the airport , he asked if he could pose for a picture with Mick . Apparently , when the helicopter touched down on the tarmac , Mick raced out of the chopper , turned around to the guys on board and said , " Thanks Blokes " , flipped them the bird and ran off to his private jet .

Lovely .

JJJJJJJJJJACKY !!! ™

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
13th October 2007 07:57 PM
BONOISLOVE This is gonna spoil the gayness from the sporting event.

But maybe it will be nice.
13th October 2007 08:18 PM
fireontheplatter i'm down with either one....bruce or the eagles. that is if that the boss still has a voice by then.
13th October 2007 08:24 PM
mojoman doesnt look like the birds are making it to the superbowl this year.......
13th October 2007 09:03 PM
robpop
13th October 2007 11:47 PM
sweetcharmedlife I saw the Stones in Glendale AZ almost exactly a year ago now. Also stuck around to take in a Cardinals NFL game. Very nice facility. Very new and clean. Although from the outside it looks like an airplane hanger....I have heard rumours of about both acts. Either Springsteen or The Eagles playing the Super Bowl. No problem with me either way. Although The Eagles are bigger whores. I think Bruce is probably more commercially attractive. Unless he does'nt want to be on Fox.
14th October 2007 08:25 AM
robpop The Eagles will not be playing the Super Bowl. I repeat the Eagles will not be playing the Super Bowl. I know, trust me, do you remember where I am from? We own the Super Bowl, we say what goes on. Pdog is correct on his prediction, however there are a few of us making a Van Halen push for the Super Bowl Half time show......more to come.

[Edited by robpop]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)