ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If ER were a double album? Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th October 2007 04:00 PM
Mikey Dance is one of the most underated Stones tracks of all time......
15th October 2007 06:25 PM
texile er is a continuation of some girls - in feel and sound.....
love it as well as all those great outtakes from 77-79/
some unfinished and undercooked, but still a great document of a band in turmoil..
keith and his drugs/anita and mick's divorce -
it marked the end of an era and tattoo would be the final statement.
15th October 2007 08:53 PM
mmdog
If ER was a double album?................

other bands would of quit trying..........
15th October 2007 11:12 PM
IanBillen
Alladdinstory wrote:

Um, maybe I should've made this clearer, but I was trying to create a hypothetical situation, a bizarro world stones if you will. and in that bizarro world the Stones decided, "fuck, let's follow up SG, with a double, Keith is feelin' fine, we've recorded a fuckload of tracks for SG & ER, plus Keith is not going to jail. Let's go crazy and do a double!"

So if that were the case, and we jump back into Sherm & Mr. P's good 'ole way back machine what tracks would you have liked to seen finished and put on that "fantasy" double album, hell give it another title if you'd like. Sorry for the confusion, or lack of specifics in my earlier post.

Oh I see. Good hypethetical scenario then. One of the better ones I have scene. IMHO I think ER as a double album with the sessions would almost be ....too good. Gee look at the hits it would of been compiled under... Start Me Up, Emotional Resques, Miss You, Beast Of Burden, Shattered, Shes so Cold... I think two seperate albums worked nice enough but if they did decide to do a double back then it would be very strong radio and selling wise. Plus loads of additional rockers. Interesting. However it would of been the extreme complete opposite of their other double album (exile) in that this work this would be incredibly "commercial" and very " trendily-produced" sounding.

Ian
16th October 2007 07:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I think Keith is caught fartin' on "The Honeymoon Tapes"

thats the one, Jizzy.

I dont know about being 'caught', though. Going by his uproarious laughter, he seemed quite proud of his 'accomplishments'. Have to say, they're absolute rippers.

(I only have a tape of these sessions. I've mentioned this 'track' to some people who have it on CD and it seems to have been 'le(f}t off' those versions. )
16th October 2007 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Emotional Rescue does more before 9AM than most albums do all day.

That explains it then. I'm rarely awake or conscious before that time.
16th October 2007 10:55 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
You just blew my Fucking mind!!

Best Thread period.

as if the opening post didnt seal this as a lock for Best Thread Ever, we get the return of "Michael Cohl" as a bonus
16th October 2007 11:25 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

as if the opening post didnt seal this as a lock for Best Thread Ever, we get the return of "Michael Cohl" as a bonus

yes, but it's still missing something...music!

16th October 2007 11:28 AM
aladdinstory Not sure about the video, but this song defintely fits the mood of this thread!

16th October 2007 02:55 PM
Some Guy sometimes I play it twice so it's kinda my own little double album.
16th October 2007 03:05 PM
robpop

16th October 2007 03:12 PM
Saint Sway " If ER were a double album?"

If ER had been a double album, the Stones would of never of had to release another record, as it would still be ruling the charts and dominating the air waves.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)