ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Police Rule U.S. Touring Gross Return to archive
12th October 2007 12:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels 10/12/07
Starpulse.com
The Police Rule U.S. Touring Gross

The Police reunion has claimed the top grossing tour of 2007 after the trio's 31 sell-out shows played to 804,000 fans and raked in $91.3 million.

Country star Kenny Chesney and husband and wife team Tim McGraw and Faith Hill came in second and third with $62.5 million and $38.2 million respectively.

Also featuring in the new Boxscore reports in Billboard, former Pink Floyd star Roger Waters, Beyonce Knowles, Celine Dion and Rush made the top 10 top grossing tours.

12th October 2007 12:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The quality of the acts seems a bit on the low side to me.
12th October 2007 01:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
10/12/07
Starpulse.com

The Police reunion has claimed the top grossing tour of 2007 after the trio's 31 sell-out shows played to 804,000 fans and raked in $91.3 million.

2007 is over already?
12th October 2007 01:23 PM
Saint Sway Happy Birthday jb!!!!!!
12th October 2007 01:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
2007 is over already?

I suppose there's nothing in the pipeline that has the possibilty of skewing these results. I'm sure Ticketmaster has projecting these numbers pretty well locked down.
12th October 2007 02:24 PM
Dan
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
10/12/07
Starpulse.com

Country star Kenny Chesney and husband and wife team Tim McGraw and Faith Hill came in second and third with $62.5 million and $38.2 million respectively.

Also featuring in the new Boxscore reports in Billboard, former Pink Floyd star Roger Waters, Beyonce Knowles, Celine Dion and Rush made the top 10 top grossing tours.

The Spice Girls tour hasn't even started yet.
12th October 2007 02:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Dan wrote:
The Spice Girls tour hasn't even started yet.

It'll probably end in 09 or 10. LOL. If these other acts that did so well in 2007 are any indication, I'd say that the Spice Girls tour might do quite well.
12th October 2007 02:32 PM
Joey " The Police reunion has claimed the top grossing tour of 2007 after the trio's 31 sell-out shows played to 804,000 fans and raked in $91.3 million. "

< --- The Police Tour may very well ' outgross ' ABB !!!

Mighty Tough Call Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji )

My guess is that it all depends on how many more dates the band play in the states next spring .

Developing ........................

www.QWESTCENTER.com

www.SPRINTCENTER.com

www.thepolicetour.com

" K.C. & Omaha are in a ' Bidding War ' for a concert date Ronnie ! "

Jacky !

12th October 2007 05:03 PM
fireontheplatter ....and i still kind of sort of remember seeing the police in a small high school gym for 15 dollars just after the release of, regatta de blanc.....
12th October 2007 05:08 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Gazza wrote:

2007 is over already?

Right on, wait until Led Zeppelin tours, or perhaps Van Halen finish touring, there's one guy who I can't stand, & that is Sting, I like the two other members of the Police, but Sting I can't stand.
12th October 2007 05:14 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

there's one guy who I can't stand, & that is Sting, I like the two other members of the Police, but Sting I can't stand.

Very McCartney-esque, no?
12th October 2007 05:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Apart from the rolling Stones, the only thing that a tour gross means is nothing. Led Zeppelin may be able to give them a run for their money. But that ain't happening.
12th October 2007 05:56 PM
guitarman53
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Very McCartney-esque, no?

There's one thing he (McCartney) has is talent, for being a great Bass player, & songwriter, Sting doesn't even come close to being anything like that, his solo recordings were absolute shit!
As far as this thing goes with the people knocking The Beatles, they were a fantastic rock band (not a pop band) listen to "Slow Down" if that's not rock 'N' Roll, then I don't know what is, I don't know why people knock the Beatles, I never will understand that! The Stones & The Beatles were the greatest force in music in the 60's, they both respected each other, it's like what Keith said, if the Stones were coming out with a single, the Beatles would hold their's back a few months while the Stones released their's.
12th October 2007 06:09 PM
steel driving hammer How can they rule when the Stones already rule(d) ?
12th October 2007 06:20 PM
lotsajizz the Police shows this summer were very good
12th October 2007 06:37 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the Police shows this summer were very good

http://chime.tv/#u/ootv/whoverona/322m2

12th October 2007 09:26 PM
lotsajizz THANKS Joey!!!!!!!!!
13th October 2007 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
THANKS Joey!!!!!!!!!

Hi Jizzy ...............................

15th October 2007 08:38 AM
corgi37 A sure sign America is heading for the "Fall of Rome" syndrome.

Kenny Chesney & Faith Hill.

My God, you people, i swear i'll never understand you.
15th October 2007 09:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
A sure sign America is heading for the "Fall of Rome" syndrome.

Kenny Chesney & Faith Hill.

Yes...perhaps... but we've still got Dylan and the Hag, Hank III, Steve Earle, and alot of others....so there's still hope...hope if nothing else. But that's enough for now.
15th October 2007 09:15 AM
gimmekeef Sure makes that 558 million look even bigger...Lets face it Zep wont re-group nor will Floyd for any length of time.Stones will hold the record with only U2 capable of taking a solid run.
15th October 2007 10:20 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Corgi is " THE KING !!!! "

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)