ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Singer Faithfull has hepatitis C Return to archive
12th October 2007 07:45 AM
Gazza

Faithfull became a household name in the 1960s

Singer Marianne Faithfull has revealed she was diagnosed with the hepatitis C virus in the 1990s.

Faithfull, 60, let slip that she had the virus while discussing her recent treatment for breast cancer on ITV1's This Morning programme.

"I found out about 12 years ago," she told host Phillip Schofield, adding she had received treatment at the time.

Hepatitis C is a virus carried in the blood that, if left untreated, can cause fatal liver problems.

There is currently no vaccine for the virus, which is has sometimes been called the silent epidemic.

'Incredibly lucky'

Faithfull, a former heroin addict, made no link between her reckless youth and her having the virus.

However, she admitted she had taken "a lot of risks". "I was incredibly lucky," she said. "I shouldn't be alive, I know that."

"Life has become much more precious to me and my health has become much more precious to me."

Hepatitis C is usually transmitted through blood-to-blood contact and can lay dormant for years.

In an interview given two months before her death, Body Shop founder Dame Anita Roddick revealed she had been infected from a blood transfusion in 1971.

The gravelly-voiced Faithfull first found fame in the 1960s as the muse of Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger.

www.bbc.co.uk
12th October 2007 09:07 AM
glencar She's like an old Pam Anderson!
12th October 2007 10:18 AM
gimmekeef Hey...is it just me or does she look a bit like Stonesdoug in that pic?....Sorry..lol...no offence Doug!
12th October 2007 01:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm sorry to hear that. I've lost a couple of friends to that shit.
12th October 2007 03:16 PM
guitarman53 Really sorry to hear about that, because she's really made a life for herself when she got clean, went back to recording & is a survivor compared to the others who died from Heroin addiction, but it goes with the territory, it's like the alcoholic who gets sober & finds out there's cirrhosis of the liver involved, or even worse, has to get a liver transplant, or dies, a lot of needle users got Aids too.
How about a thread on who was the worse heroin addict?
13th October 2007 01:13 AM
gypsy Anita has Hep C too. They're both fortunate that they don't have AIDS.
I bet Keith has Hep C as well.
13th October 2007 12:22 PM
GotToRollMe I'd hazard a guess that between them, the Stones have quite a laundry list of communicable diseases. You can pick up a lot of cooties in 40 years.
14th October 2007 12:16 PM
Egbert
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'd hazard a guess that between them, the Stones have quite a laundry list of communicable diseases. You can pick up a lot of cooties in 40 years.

Tropical Disease?
14th October 2007 02:39 PM
steel driving hammer Sad O' Day...

Don't think she has a leathal dose of it though.

But since I don't like the Bealtes, I hope I don't get Hepatitis B!
14th October 2007 03:14 PM
steel driving hammer

She doesn't believe in vaccinations or what?

Steven Tyler also has it, but Elton no?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)