ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light News Return to archive
11th October 2007 12:32 PM
glencar 10.09.07 'Shine A Light' To Open In Select Theaters Nationwide On April 4th

In August, Paramount pictures announced that Shine A Light would be postponed for an April release.

It has just been revealed to RollingStones.com that the Martin Scorsese directed film, documenting two riveting Rolling Stones' performances at New York's legendary Beacon Theatre, is now scheduled to open in select theaters nationwide on April 4.

11th October 2007 12:47 PM
Lazy Bones http://novogate.com/board/968/239387-1.html
11th October 2007 12:48 PM
glencar Yes, I saw it later. Shall I delete?
11th October 2007 12:50 PM
Saint Sway Rolling Stone dot com then followed up this announcement with an email blast offering "limited edition" Shine A Light t-shirt set.

Choose from either the Stones tongue/light switch t-shirt design or the Stones tongue/light bulb t-shirt design.

Plus the exclusive Rolling Stones flashlight!

OR.. buy the entire set for just $159.99 and receive a free collectors edition Stones tongue pin in the shape of a popcorn box to commemorate the launch of the film!
11th October 2007 12:51 PM
Lazy Bones Feels good to be powerful, doesn't it?!
11th October 2007 12:53 PM
glencar Eh...
11th October 2007 12:53 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
OR.. buy the entire set for just $159.99

I've heard rs.com is now in CDN funds. Is that true? Mick heard the Loonie was higher than the Greenback. Every penny counts, ya know.
11th October 2007 12:54 PM
Saint Sway no need to delete.

as this news will be posted at least 123 more times between now and April.

but this thread has legs... it will hit 50
11th October 2007 12:54 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
Eh...

to delete...
11th October 2007 12:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I've heard rs.com is now in CDN funds. Is that true? Mick heard the Loonie was higher than the Greenback. Every penny counts, ya know.

actually all transactions made on dot con are autimatically wired to one of Mick's off-shore tax-exempt accounts
11th October 2007 12:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
but this thread has legs...

11th October 2007 01:06 PM
Saint Sway you know you its time for vacay when you look at that picture and think "damn, I really need to get away to somewhere warm"

I wasnt even thinking about the girls gorgeous legs, just the pool in the background

I think its called stress and burnout
11th October 2007 01:07 PM
Nellcote Glenny, good to see you did not jump, and did not go all Suzy Waldman on us....
11th October 2007 01:33 PM
Throwaway Why is it so damn cold all of a sudden??? I was gettin used to 85 degree days in October.
11th October 2007 01:37 PM
Some Guy We need rain!
11th October 2007 01:43 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
We need rain!

is that your return post?
11th October 2007 03:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Glenny, good to see you did not jump, and did not go all Suzy Waldman on us....

Nah, life goes on...
11th October 2007 03:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, life goes on...

1) Does Torre go? And if so, who do you replace him with?

2) Who do you resign out of Rivera, Posada, ARod, Abreu and whoever else is a free agent..

3) Where does Joba pitch next year - pen or start?

4) Whats the starting 5 in '08?

5) What big name Free Agents do you go after?
11th October 2007 03:38 PM
pdog Arod goes, Bonds comes in....
11th October 2007 03:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Arod goes, Bonds comes in....

Bonds would hit a ton of HRs in NY. But I doubt he wants the media attention. And vice versa.

Bonds will go to the AL and DH. My guess is Oakland, Detroit, Texas or Anaheim. In that order. Detroit's lineup would be fierce.

A Rod probably wants out of NY. Yanks will dangle a huge offer but he's a fag and goes to where theres less scrutiny on him.

Yanks will be a much different looking team next year. And thats for the better.

They should tap Girardi as manager. He's a proven mgr. Can handle NY. And he had success working with a young staff in Florida. That would be a big benefit for a team that will likely have Wang, Huges, Kennedy and Joba in the starting rotation.

also.. if Torre goes, Girardi is probably the one guy they can bring in that Posada and Rivera would be comfortable with and consider coming back for, as he is very tight with both of them.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
12th October 2007 04:50 PM
TomL The starting five, now that's a good question.

Flash
IORR
monkey man
shine a light
let it bleed
12th October 2007 05:39 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Why is it so damn cold all of a sudden??? I was gettin used to 85 degree days in October.

Global Cooling?

13th October 2007 02:30 PM
Bloozehound I can't wait for this to come cuz I'm going to get trashed, git nakid, and streak the theatre
13th October 2007 02:44 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I can't wait for this to come cuz I'm going to get trashed, git nakid, and streak the theatre

Please post advance warnings of your whereabouts.....
13th October 2007 04:07 PM
steel driving hammer I don't drink at all anymore but when that movie comes out, I'll be drunk for sure.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)