ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick singing "Drift Away"? Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th October 2007 09:32 AM
guitarman53 Is this video from Youtube the real thing? Mick singing Drift Away? it sounds like Mick singing, but then again people can imitate him really well.
11th October 2007 09:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Actually is Mick Jagger singing, this is an outtake from the IORR sessions recorded at Musicland Studios in Munich earlyu 1974
11th October 2007 09:36 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Is this video from Youtube the real thing? Mick singing Drift Away? it sounds like Mick singing, but then again people can imitate him really well.

Definitely. It's an outtake from mid-'70s Munich, I think. Someone around here will know for sure. I'm too lazy to look it up in the Martin Elliott volume.
11th October 2007 09:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Mel we replied at the same time mine some seconds before you
11th October 2007 09:46 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL Mel we replied at the same time mine some seconds before you

You were quicker -- and more specifically informed!
11th October 2007 09:52 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
it sounds like Mick singing, but then again people can imitate him really well.

Really? Who?

So why does anyone feel the need to post the audio of this over a bunch of stills of the faig-ass Beatles?
11th October 2007 09:56 AM
gimmekeef Drift Away was considered for IORR however I believe they chose Aint To Proud To Beg as the one cover for that album instead.A mistake imho...I have a great high qulaity version of Drift Away if anyone wants it...Easily one of their better outtakes...
11th October 2007 10:32 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Drift Away was considered for IORR however I believe they chose Aint To Proud To Beg as the one cover for that album instead.A mistake imho...I have a great high qulaity version of Drift Away if anyone wants it...Easily one of their better outtakes...

Conquer. Cover of Drift Away is super fine, while on Proud-Beg it just seemed like they were trying to hard. And the solo reminds me of the one on Cover of the Rolling Stone by Dr. Hook.
11th October 2007 11:36 AM
aladdinstory I think IORR would've been stronger album with inclusion of not only "Drift Away" but also "Living Is A Harder Love." It's not like there isn't a track or two on it they could've dumped in favor of those two.
11th October 2007 12:07 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
I think IORR would've been stronger album with inclusion of not only "Drift Away" but also "Living Is A Harder Love." It's not like there isn't a track or two on it they could've dumped in favor of those two.

"Living Is A Harder Love" rocks my socks off.

friggin luv that tune

their best unreleased rocker IMO
11th October 2007 12:20 PM
Some Guy Agreed, I have a casette of Accidents Will Happen and its on there. Fun album all in all.
11th October 2007 12:33 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

So why does anyone feel the need to post the audio of this over a bunch of stills of the faig-ass Beatles?

Really, man!
11th October 2007 12:47 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

"Living Is A Harder Love" rocks my socks off.

friggin luv that tune

their best unreleased rocker IMO

did it evolve into "Luxury"? the reason i wonder is because of that the "workin' so hard" lines are in each.
11th October 2007 12:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:

did it evolve into "Luxury"? the reason i wonder is because of that the "workin' so hard" lines are in each.

sadly, yes
11th October 2007 12:59 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I have a great high qulaity version of Drift Away if anyone wants it...Easily one of their better outtakes...

I'd like to have it.
11th October 2007 01:10 PM
gimmekeef Just pm me with email addy and I'll send anyone a copy...
11th October 2007 01:32 PM
Throwaway I always thought it was "Living In the Heart of Love"...woops. Anyway that song rocks like hell. I really like those 72-74 outtakes, you can see why the Stones looked back at some of them for Tattoo You.
11th October 2007 01:43 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I always thought it was "Living In the Heart of Love"...woops. Anyway that song rocks like hell. I really like those 72-74 outtakes, you can see why the Stones looked back at some of them for Tattoo You.

you're not wrong, as with many outtakes, they have several working titles, like fiji jim vs fiji gin or do you think i really care vs. yellow cab.
11th October 2007 01:48 PM
Saint Sway I can never understand exactly what Mick is warbling in that chorus... but I like it!!
11th October 2007 02:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Drift Away was considered for IORR however I believe they chose Aint To Proud To Beg as the one cover for that album instead.A mistake imho...

I don't know the reason but some months before the release of IORR "Humble Pie" released a great cover of the same song. Humble Pie was very succesful back then but with that album started their decadence

Before in 1973 it was John Kay and Steppenwolf the one who released the song and later in 1975 Rod Stewart made another cover, they all are great!
11th October 2007 02:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
I always thought it was "Living In the Heart of Love"...woops. Anyway that song rocks like hell. I really like those 72-74 outtakes, you can see why the Stones looked back at some of them for Tattoo You.

It is. 'Living is a harder love' makes no grammatic sense, likewise the often mistitled "Criss Cross Man" and "Gangsters Maul"
[Edited by Gazza]
11th October 2007 04:22 PM
Tom
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

There ain't no relation between the song and the Beatles so wtf?
11th October 2007 04:52 PM
fireontheplatter who was that that was dissing mick jagger solo?
11th October 2007 04:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL Mel we replied at the same time mine some seconds before you

jinx?
11th October 2007 05:10 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Just pm me with email addy and I'll send anyone a copy...

pm sent! Thanks a lot!!
11th October 2007 07:28 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Drift Away was considered for IORR however I believe they chose Aint To Proud To Beg as the one cover for that album instead.A mistake imho...I have a great high qulaity version of Drift Away if anyone wants it...Easily one of their better outtakes...

I have it also. I got it as a "gift" from Napster back in the day. Good version.
11th October 2007 08:44 PM
stonedinaustralia Throwaway wrote:

quote:
Gazza wrote:

It is. 'Living is a harder love' makes no grammatic sense, likewise the often mistitled "Criss Cross Man" and "Gangsters Maul"
[Edited by Gazza]

as i thought too

and can only agree some great stuff from those munich sessions -

if only they would have finished gangsters moll - and isn't keith's I Need You from the same period?? - that could have been so much that tune
12th October 2007 12:07 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
Throwaway wrote:

as i thought too

and can only agree some great stuff from those munich sessions -

if only they would have finished gangsters moll - and isn't keith's I Need You from the same period?? - that could have been so much that tune

oh yeah, great songs both. "I Need You" is from SG sessions I think, and "Gangster's Moll" from ER, with that rumored SW version floating about somewhere I'd imagine. The shared Glimmer Twin vocal on "I Need You" making it extra special.
12th October 2007 01:25 AM
stonedinaustralia Moll is from ER - ihave viyl boot Lonely at the Top which includes Moll I thought all tracks were from munich

- Los Trios Guitarros is another - Lonely at the Top ,Munich Hilton maybe I am mistaken
12th October 2007 07:21 AM
gotdablouse Nah the excellent LAT boot was a Tattoo You kind of Best Of, stuff from 1974 and 1979 mostly.

About Moll it was redone during the SW sessions and was reviewed by Chris M. on his site, but these darn SW sessions have never ever made it out to the general public, hard to understand why...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)