ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The War on Pot: America's $42 Billion Annual Boondoggle Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th October 2007 03:47 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Maxy,
My apologies for crossing the line.
MM

OK! Hold me.
12th October 2007 03:52 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

OK! Hold me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
12th October 2007 03:55 PM
pdog Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
[Edited by pdog]
12th October 2007 04:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:

"Pay no attention to the man
behind the curtain"

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th October 2007 04:46 PM
pdog beware of hookers with lead lipstick on their lips... second hand lead head kills!
12th October 2007 04:50 PM
Dan My friend and former neighbor died of lung cancer at age 49. He would smoke 4 packs of unfiltered Camels a day. I would hear him through the walls when he woke up coughing.
12th October 2007 05:07 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Second hand Brainbell Jangler kills...

"I have no objection to anyone ingesting anything they want--cannabis, tobacco, heroin, antifreeze--but when they start forcing it into my lungs, that's a problem."

Even you have to admit this might be the dumbest thing you've ever posted

Boo!

Nothing dumb about it (except perhaps for the assumption that such an obvious point, so plainly stated, would be comprehensible to the likes of you). Another way of putting it is the old saying, "Your rights end at the tip of my nose." The point is that many of the same folks who seem to feel that it is their God-given right to fill the air I breath with tobacco exhaust see no contradiction in supporting the government's prohibition of the private use of much less harmful substances. I, by contrast, support each adult's right to by as self-destructive as he/she wishes, so long as they don't hurt the rest of us. Seems like a pretty reasonable point to me.
12th October 2007 05:17 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Nothing dumb about it (except perhaps for the assumption that such an obvious point, so plainly stated, would be comprehensible to the likes of you). Another way of putting it is the old saying, "Your rights end at the tip of my nose." The point is that many of the same folks who seem to feel that it is their God-given right to fill the air I breath with tobacco exhaust see no contradiction in supporting the government's prohibition of the private use of much less harmful substances. I, by contrast, support each adult's right to by as self-destructive as he/she wishes, so long as they don't hurt the rest of us. Seems like a pretty reasonable point to me.

Glad you cleared that up...it's nice to know that you're not one of those people who favors banning smoking in public establishments of consent...you know, the places where you can go if you choose, or not go if you choose...like bars and eating establishments and what not...It's also helpful to know that you're not making that no smoking argument based on any health care cost concerns...basically, if I understand you, you just don't want people smoking around you...but you're not trying to control where they can smoke...yeah...that does indeed sound reasonable
12th October 2007 10:27 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I'd like to see our constitution, i really would. But its in England. As for a bill of rights, we have no such thing. It's just assumed that we have things like free speech as a right.

We dont.

Except for bikini girls. They can have what ever they like.

bloody hell Corgi here you go - tho I warn you it's fairly dry reading

http://australianpolitics.com/constitution/

funnily enough you are right to some degree when you say our Constitution is "in England" in that it is itself an an act of the British Parliament

And those rights you speak about like speech we do have them as a right thanks to the English common law but you are correct they are always subject to attack by legislation however recent judicial interpretation of the Constitution has (soemwhat controversially) read implied rights to such freedoms (such as those of expression and the right to due process) into it etc etc etc

suck it up corgi - knowledge is power
12th October 2007 10:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

bloody hell Corgi here you go - tho I warn you it's fairly dry reading

http://australianpolitics.com/constitution/

funnily enough you are right to some degree when you say our Constitution is "in England" in that it is itself an an act of the British Parliament

And those rights you speak about like speech we do have them as a right thanks to the English common law but you are correct they are always subject to attack by legislation however recent judicial interpretation of the Constitution has (soemwhat controversially) read implied rights to such freedoms (such as those of expression and the right to due process) into it etc etc etc

suck it up corgi - knowledge is power

I read where you guys banned horse racing and replaced it with camel racing...why?...Is that a water issue?
12th October 2007 10:58 PM
stonedinaustralia wow!! when did you read that - currently parts of australia under threat of equine influenza wreaking havoc on all things horse (in particular racing industry) - and i think there are camel races way outback in the bush but that sounds like crossed- wires to me

cheers
12th October 2007 11:26 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

And when i take over and become El Prezze-Corgi

Corgi did you know the all-black SS uniform of the Nazi Schutzstaffel paramilitary force from 1932 until 1945 was made by the Hugo Boss company, some workers being prisoners of war forced into labor - it's true!!

maybe they could do your stuff when you take over
13th October 2007 01:47 AM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
beware of hookers with lead lipstick on their lips... second hand lead head kills!

beware of japanese waitress bearing fortune cookies
13th October 2007 10:45 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I grew up in home full of second hand smoke...when I was 19, I ran a personal best 9:35 two mile...and never once ran slower than 10:15 (and I had never purposely jogged in my life)...I'd be real surpised if there were anyone here who could match those times...

Coupled with vague suggestion that no training was involved, this is dubious. As in highly unlikely. As in one would have to be high to believe this is likely. Shades of Rosie Ruiz. Shades of Gulf of Tonkin.

If true (did I mention its highly unlikely?), you are some phenom who missed a calling.
13th October 2007 12:44 PM
gypsy quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fiji Joe wrote:

I grew up in home full of second hand smoke...when I was 19, I ran a personal best 9:35 two mile...and never once ran slower than 10:15 (and I had never purposely jogged in my life)...I'd be real surpised if there were anyone here who could match those times...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is, hands down, one of the funniest thing I've ever read.

Run, L'il Feej, run.
13th October 2007 02:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Coupled with vague suggestion that no training was involved, this is dubious. As in highly unlikely. As in one would have to be high to believe this is likely. Shades of Rosie Ruiz. Shades of Gulf of Tonkin.

If true (did I mention its highly unlikely?), you are some phenom who missed a calling.

Oh...I'm pretty sure I can come up with some paperwork...if someone wants to put up enough money...my kids need to go to college just like everyone else's...training?...I said I had never purposefully jogged in my life...I did go to boot camp...while the other pasty whites were sleeping late and missing classes I was working...you know, doing more before 9:00 am than you was doing all day...but I was 10:15 the first run we made...two days after I got off the bus...don't get me wrong, I ran alot before I joined the Army, but I never jogged or ran for running's sake before I joined...only basketball 4 or 5 hours a day...and you're damn straight I missed my calling...I already know that...6'1, 155, I was born to run, second hand smoke or not...but the difference between my best times and the next level is years of training...you may or may not know that(sounds like you don't)...years I didn't have...I was doing more important things...and you can call those into question too if you want....but it's just gonna make you look bad
13th October 2007 02:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That is, hands down, one of the funniest thing I've ever read.

Run, L'il Feej, run.

Hey...I don't expect someone who is heavy in the ass to understand...people with your body type run a great risk of a back injury by running...it's best you just follow behind in the Jetta...holding the stop watches and handing out orange slices
13th October 2007 02:06 PM
The jinn, my friend.

:-))
13th October 2007 04:19 PM
Joey

" I did go to boot camp...while the other pasty whites were sleeping late and missing classes I was working...you know, doing more before 9:00 am than you was doing all day...but I was 10:15 the first run we made...two days after I got off the bus...don't get me wrong, I ran alot before I joined the Army "

I KNEW there were a lot of gays in the military .

{ CA - FRIGGIN - RACK }

Off the Facade Ronnie !!!!!

Jersey Joe

13th October 2007 04:23 PM
Joey " .. As in one would have to be high to believe this is likely .. Shades of Gulf of Tonkin. "

< --- That started our nation down the long road in
Vietnam .

Yes Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji ) ....

By the time of the election day in November , 1964 , Lyndon Johnson had already sown the seeds of his own destruction .

LBJOEY !

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)