ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: TODAY"s HEADER!!! Return to archive
7th October 2007 05:26 PM
Martha I got SWAYED' at this unforgettable show. I'll never forget being there. What a blast we had!

It happened also to be my parent's wedding anniversary, and it ended up being the last one they had together. My Dad passed that year on Nov. 1st. He was so happy that we got to see the Stones debut "Sway", I told him I knew I was now uncursed. The Stones have blessed my life with many, many wonderful moments, memories and great friendships.

Thanks for putting up this header. I am smilin' at everyone today.

:-)

xxxxooooo,
Martha

Play Ball!
7th October 2007 06:10 PM
PartyDoll MEG Funny..I just realized it was from the Columbus show!!

yes we were swayed, Sway Sister!
7th October 2007 08:36 PM
SweetVirginia I thought of you the second I saw the picture, Meg.

Martha- what a great memory that show was for you.
7th October 2007 08:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Martha wrote:
Thanks for putting up this header. I am smilin' at everyone today.

To have one additional day of your lovely smile in the State of Colorado and so make a better world we're gonna have another header from the same show tomorrow
7th October 2007 09:03 PM
fireontheplatter this marathon picture show idea is great thing.

7th October 2007 09:10 PM
Lazy Bones Martha, weren't you swayed twice?
8th October 2007 07:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the first header

8th October 2007 08:46 AM
_Boomy_ The current header is not from Nationwide Arena. The stage is from a stadium gig.
8th October 2007 09:14 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl You're 100% right!

LOL Third fuck up on my part, now the reason was that the picture is in tge very same article of the previous header that actually is from the Columbus show

This is the link of the article http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05270/578224.stm and this is the thread about this show http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/10-09-2005/216209-4.html

There's another mistake in the article, the picture footer reads as follows: MJ Kim, Associated Press
Paul Weller, left, and The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood during a performance last year.
Click photo for larger image.MJ Kim, Associated Press
Paul Weller, left, and The Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood during a performance last year.

8th October 2007 11:06 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Martha, weren't you swayed twice?

Indeed I was! It's that Luck of the Irish charm. :-)

Meg, I so clearly remember TomL and you chattin' it up like madness at the after show gathering. Wasn't that the night you made up? :-)

Voodoo.....you are so sweet I just adore you!

And.....I am going to send you a surprise pkg., one of these daze! Don't try to stop me!

Love, peace and understanding!

xxoo,
Martha
8th October 2007 11:08 AM
Martha
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I thought of you the second I saw the picture, Meg.

Martha- what a great memory that show was for you.

Thanks darlin'! It was a show that lives in my memory....and comforts my spirit.

We all need someone we can lean on.....:-)

xxoo,
MM
8th October 2007 11:10 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Martha wrote:

Indeed I was! It's that Luck of the Irish charm. :-)

Meg, I so clearly remember TomL and you chattin' it up like madness at the after show gathering. Wasn't that the night you made up? :-)

Voodoo.....you are so sweet I just adore you!

And.....I am going to send you a surprise pkg., one of these daze! Don't try to stop me!

Love, peace and understanding!

xxoo,
Martha

Oh yes..after I kicked his ass!!
Forever the Sway Family!!!
8th October 2007 11:55 AM
Martha Don't I know it Sway Sister! Ass-kickins can do wonders for relationships! I HIGHLY recommend them. ROTFLOL!!!

What Bob show (s) are you seeing Meg? This coming Saturday....and....any others since Bob is sweeping through OH, making stop after stop???

BTW, if he plays "You're A Big GIrl Now"......he's playing it for me! :-)

My Witch Dr. is going to the Cincy show on the 15th. I hope he can call me when Bob is on stage. :-)

xxoo,
MM
8th October 2007 02:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG Only seeing him in Columbus..have money tied up in Bruce shows and other bands I just gotta see...must not spend it all as I will need some serious cash for next year...
8th October 2007 02:16 PM
Dr. Pepper Cool photo
8th October 2007 02:18 PM
Child of the Moon Can't wait for some Boise pics!
8th October 2007 02:24 PM
Martha
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Only seeing him in Columbus..have money tied up in Bruce shows and other bands I just gotta see...must not spend it all as I will need some serious cash for next year...

When do you see The Boss and where? My fingers are crossed that he makes it to Denver next spring. Will you come out here to see him then?

xxoo,
MM
8th October 2007 02:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Martha wrote:

When do you see The Boss and where? My fingers are crossed that he makes it to Denver next spring. Will you come out here to see him then?

xxoo,
MM

I'm seeing Bruce in Cleveland and the last 2 shows in Boston. Last year no bands came to Columbus..this fall all my favorites are showing up. Not enough moola and time for them all...
8th October 2007 02:50 PM
Martha That you actually have a budget is admirable! Keep rockin' sister!!!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)