ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
Đ "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: read this, oldKR Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
7th October 2007 12:55 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Let's see Brian fans are a little nutty, huh? Yeah no shit.

They refuse to see the man for what he really was. Namely, an abusive,self-centered,vindictive,arrogant,and ultimately a petulant little child that was an insecure little asshole.

I greatly admire Brian The Muscian,but Brian The Man was a pathetic user and abuser of woman, friends, and drugs/alcohol(which unlike some people,he couldn't handle).

People that hold Brain up as some sort of saint would rip anyone else for the bullshit that he did to his friends,and women. [B]ut because we're talking about the fictionalized,romanticized,never was person in their twisted dreams they seemingly ignore the truth of the man.

Mick and Keith got tired of his shit. I don't blame them for a second! I would tire of that asshole too. He fucked the rest of the band out of money behind their backs, and acted as if he was the end all be all of the Stones even after Mick and Keith proved to be one of the greatest songwriting duos in the history of popular music.

Would any of these young and impressionable female Brian fans fawn over any other man that beat his girlfriend, left his children and wife penniless, and alienated every single one of his suppossed friends?

The fascination with Brian reminds me of the fawning over Bill Clinton. Forget the fact that Bubba raped and abused women with regularity. Forget the real dirty truth of the man. Just keep telling yourselves that he's a great guy, and let the facts sort themselves out for people that really care about such mundane things like truth.

Jeesh Brian fans! Read a fucking book about Brian for fucks sake! The man was a prick! Now he's dead. Get over it!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]

ridiculous... i am sure any brian jones fan has at least read two books about him! and i am sure they even read them all!
7th October 2007 12:57 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Whatever your opinion Riffhard, surely you agree with me that those who wish to discuss him should be allowed to do it without threads such as this. Those who fanatical share their opinions on the Brian thread. It should just be left at that. Some may not agree with their thoughts, but I do believe they should be allowed to vent their thoughts amongst themselves. That is the issue here.

agreed. totally.
7th October 2007 01:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

ridiculous... i am sure any brian jones fan has at least read two books about him! and i am sure they even read them all!

What is ridiculous? The fact that Brian fans seemingly hold him up as a saint while completely ignoring his abuse towards women? Or his penchant for having bastard children and then leaving them and their mothers to fend for themselves while he pursued the life of a decadent self absorbed rockstar?

I agree. Ridiculous. Totally ridiculous!

Riffy
7th October 2007 01:35 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Whatever your opinion Riffhard, surely you agree with me that those who wish to discuss him should be allowed to do it without threads such as this. Those who fanatical share their opinions on the Brian thread. It should just be left at that. Some may not agree with their thoughts, but I do believe they should be allowed to vent their thoughts amongst themselves. That is the issue here.

Hey Alex Man, Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Send you a big kiss
and much love, Alex Woman

7th October 2007 01:48 PM
Helmut Tooooo much CSI, please leave Brian alone, the one who apparently killed him is already dead so what they want?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2006/11_november/06/brian_jones.shtml
7th October 2007 03:23 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

What is ridiculous? The fact that Brian fans seemingly hold him up as a saint while completely ignoring his abuse towards women? Or his penchant for having bastard children and then leaving them and their mothers to fend for themselves while he pursued the life of a decadent self absorbed rockstar?

Riffy

you behave ridiculous... you speak like as if he was the only one on earth who has bastard children! i am a bastard child myself! plus my biological father was an alcoholic and hit and raped my mother... i know what the hell i talk about: so be careful how you speak or i forget myself. its also ridiculous how you bloody generalise every bloody BJ fan! i know about his failures and bad things and i am not happy about it nor will i forget..and i am sure alot of others see it this way too. for what are we on earth when not making mistakes and shit? some learn from these and some will never but sooner or later they will pay for what theyve done...we will never know if he would be one of those who do understand and if he would have made it better later, because hes fucking dead. hes a dead man..so why do you ridiculous respect-less people spill all your guts and hate over us (the ones that are behind the positive things brian has done: music) and over the man jones himself!?
i am so bloody curious about how you would "discuss" if we would be face to face. you all sit so far away and "safe" behind your fucking screens, you lose all feeling how to treat someone and you just bash into others faces with no sense of shame...i wonder how YOU make it in real life! those of you are the ones that make me feel ashamed to be a human...seriously.
7th October 2007 03:27 PM
GhostofBrianJones Okay here it goes. I know Brian had his problems. So does Mick Jagger,
Keith Richards who has NO room to talk about Brian or anyone, and even
sweet Ronnie Wood and gracious gentleman Charlie. I am not saintinizing
Brian at all. He was a human being, a great musician and a troubled man.
We have to accept the Stones as they are because we cannot change them.

If you are going to pick Brian apart (and he is not here to defend himself)
then you should do the same with Mick and Keith and Ronnie. It's only fair.
And we don't know that Mick and Keith did not slap their girlfriends around
because we were not there all the time either. During the Sixties the mindset
was a lot different than it is now. Brian would have been brought up on
charges as well as any man should. He should have been made to pay
child support but the law was not in place back then to force him to do so,
and from what I understand he was told to ignore his children so he could
appear "single and available" for his female fans. He made a lot of mistakes
and so did the other band members too. So stop singling out Brian as the
worst. After Brian passed on a lot worse happened since then.

We Brian Jones fans are acutely aware of his faults, and his troubles and we
have read many, many books on him and The Rolling Stones. But if you love
the Stones you have to embrace their faults, their problems and of course
love their music. It is all a part of Rock and Roll History Rolling Stones style.

We don't bash the other Stones here the way you bash and insult Brian on
this board. So look at the other members before you go off and start
bashing and insulting Brian, I mean read the books as you keep saying and
see what problems the other had before you stick you head up your ass.
7th October 2007 03:42 PM
gypsy I've read nearly every book on the Stones, and have come to the conclusion that Brian was a self-centered prick.
What bothers me about some of the Brian fanatics is that they believe Mick and Keith played a role in Brian's death. They are also upset about how Keith talks about Brian negatively. But at least Keith is honest and consistent in his feelings toward Brian. He thought the guy was an asshole...and he hasn't changed his mind over the years.
7th October 2007 06:50 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

Itīs maybe a mistake from me to post in this horribale thread once again...Iīm shamed now that I was a part of it!!!
The worst thing I ever heard is "bastard children"
I work in a Kindergarten and love children very much...
One thing is for sure, if BASTARDS exists, then are we all here bastards but not children!!!!!!

7th October 2007 06:56 PM
GhostofBrianJones Keith is so half brain dead from so much heroin, alcohol, and other drugs that
he can barely make sense when he talks. Keith hates everyone, he has even
called Mick nasty and evil names. He even pulled a gun on Ronnie Wood!
So don't talk to me about what Brian Jones did!! And Keith has NOT stopped
drinking or using other drugs. I can't say the same for Ronnie or Mick.
Keith and Ronnie got into some knock down drag out fights and it has been
documented in more than one Stones book. And Charlie punched Mick a couple
of times and Keith just barely saved him. Keith talks according to what mood
he is in. No the Stones are not responsible for Brian's death. We are not saying
that and either is the fan club. So anyone who thinks that is very much
mistaken. If this is the cause of the Brian bashing than you all can stop it.
Keith can be a big ass prick as well. He has had more practice at being one.
And you guys all bash Mick and Keith and even Ronnie on this forum as well.
We don't come behind you and do it. You only come behind us when the
subject of Brian comes up. You would raise Holy Fucking Hell if we would
start doing that!!
7th October 2007 07:07 PM
LadyJane
I respect Brian for his great contributions to the Rolling Stones. I don't particularly find him attractive and generally stay away from the Brian thread.
And those of you that DO want to discuss him, certainly have every right to do so.

The conspiracy theories and those who appear obsessed by them I find disturbing, but to each his/her own.

What urks ME is the post that started this thread.

When I see RO in any shape or form being dissed on another Board, I get angry. It's an insult to ALL of our members and the Unholy Trinity. Especially when the thread title is:

Subject: Rocks Off is at it again.

LJ.
7th October 2007 07:58 PM
gypsy
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Keith is so half brain dead from so much heroin, alcohol, and other drugs that
he can barely make sense when he talks.

And the miracle is that Keith is still a million times smarter than you are.
7th October 2007 09:38 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
When I see RO in any shape or form being dissed on another Board, I get angry. It's an insult to ALL of our members and the Unholy Trinity. Especially when the thread title is:

Subject: Rocks Off is at it again.

Not that we can judge a board by one (or two) idiot's post(s)...I can say that if someone here dissed another Stones-related board, Gazza or Voodoo would have that shit deleted - pronto!

And now I'm pissed because LJ's angry!

This weekend is our Thanksgiving (Canada). This place was on my list again!

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
7th October 2007 10:52 PM
GhostofBrianJones Now how in the hell are you going to stop people from talking about RO on
another message board? You must be stalking the other message boards
looking for people who talk about you, which makes you paranoid.

You cannot say anything good about me, the Brian thread or anyone I know except maybe Steve. As far as Keith being smart I think somewhere underneath that damaged drug & booze addled brain of his is probably a very intelligent man. But when a person uses drugs and booze for as long as he has there is always going to be brain damage, and internal damage. I don't care if you like me or not, and I don't give a rat's ass if he is smarter than me, so what. You have bashed Keith, Mick, Ronnie and everyone else you can think of so what else is new? Nothing Same Old Shit.
7th October 2007 11:17 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Now how in the hell are you going to stop people from talking about RO on
another message board? You must be stalking the other message boards
looking for people who talk about you, which makes you paranoid.

You cannot say anything good about me, the Brian thread or anyone I know except maybe Steve. As far as Keith being smart I think somewhere underneath that damaged drug & booze addled brain of his is probably a very intelligent man. But when a person uses drugs and booze for as long as he has there is always going to be brain damage, and internal damage. I don't care if you like me or not, and I don't give a rat's ass if he is smarter than me, so what. You have bashed Keith, Mick, Ronnie and everyone else you can think of so what else is new? Nothing Same Old Shit.

Stalking? Nope. Never been over there.

Paranoid? Nope. From your reaction, I would say that title is yours.

My point - if you read it - is that Rocks Off admin not only discourages the bad-mouthing of other Stones' sites/boards, they eradicate it. It's called respect.
7th October 2007 11:32 PM
Sophia Graves
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
It's called respect.

now i am really amused... you made my night!
as you talk of respect: of course EVERYONE who is writing here in this thread is totally on respect-mode..sweet!
[Edited by Sophia Graves]
7th October 2007 11:48 PM
GhostofBrianJones We did not start the fire, they did. I am being respectful believe it or not.
I am defending my right to be a Brian Jones fan and to post on here.
If anyone thinks a fan of Brian's is going to take being insulted for no good
damn reason you are dead wrong. I am not paranoid at all not in the least.
There are a lot of message boards out there and no one can stop anyone from
talking about RO or any other message board. So forget that one. There are a
lot of Brian Jones fans here and out there so if you don't like it that is your
right. Don't insult me or my friends because we are Brian's fans.
8th October 2007 12:08 AM
pdog You know, I don't give a shit! People are people, flawed and talented. I don't hold musicians up on some pedestal, in fact, some of my favorite musicians are people I wouldn't do more than say hello to and be on my way. Hero worship is pretty lame IMO!!! Dead hero worship is creepy!
8th October 2007 12:25 AM
oldkr this thread was started because some loon took issue with my reading of trevor holbeys conduct- which had nothing at all to do with brian.

There are 2 types of brian fans:

Those that appreciate his musical input while realizing he and he alone was responsible for his demise.

AND

Those only interested in his death, who by constantly attacking mick and keith and everyone else belittle anything remotely related to the rolling stones. Those who extort the emotional frailty of others, at the expense of any "legacy" brian ever had.

I take no issue with brian fans- his contributions, while immense were so long ago theyre hardly relevant now (unless rough justice would be improved any with a recorder solo-j/k). BUT I do enjoy hearing the brief but powerful input brian had (yes i know he can be credited with "starting" the band). I take issue with lunatics claiming to be fans who constantly belittle brian as a man and a musician by metaphorically digging him out of the ground every other day. I also take issue with their leadership who are either mentally amiss or morally amiss.

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
8th October 2007 12:33 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
pdog wrote:
You know, I don't give a shit! People are people, flawed and talented. I don't hold musicians up on some pedestal, in fact, some of my favorite musicians are people I wouldn't do more than say hello to and be on my way. Hero worship is pretty lame IMO!!! Dead hero worship is creepy!

one can have friends or grandfathers/mothers or daddys or mommys as heroes/idols...they could be dead sooner or later as well... so this is creepy too?
otherwise i agree with just saying hello and then being over-and-out... its the same for me, except maybe one or two experiences in that case..otherwise i made many bad and shitty experiences with artists i totally adored and raised to heaven because they "saved my life" once or twice...but then turned out to be the worst creatures on earth in personal. holy shit.
ps. i am sure you have at least one hero too.
8th October 2007 01:09 AM
pdog
quote:
Sophia Graves wrote:

one can have friends or grandfathers/mothers or daddys or mommys as heroes/idols...they could be dead sooner or later as well... so this is creepy too?

you're kidding right? I have many close friends and relatives I hold in esteem, living and dead. I knew them, personally. how you even spin that, now, is beyond me!
All humans are flawed, in a big way, the best a person can do is work daily to overcome our inherit defects.
I accept Brian as a great guitar player on one hand and an abusive person on the other. Seeing as how only his music really matters, I don't need to worry too much about the other... Regardless, I'm not going to give his actions a free pass either.
If you need to take the phrase "hero worship" out of the context it was obviously being used in on this topic, feel free. You can apply to people other than meglomaniac rock stars and we can now discuss the life of my dead grandfather who served in WWII, never broke a law and never had a harsh word, and we can discuss my hero worship of him, because it's so fucking relevant to this topic!!!
8th October 2007 10:33 PM
Dick B Cheney
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

The fascination with Brian reminds me of the fawning over Bill Clinton. Forget the fact that Bubba raped and abused women with regularity. Forget the real dirty truth of the man. Just keep telling yourselves that he's a great guy, and let the facts sort themselves out for people that really care about such mundane things like truth.

I like that your hatred of Bill Clinton can come up at anytime. You're a great asset to our deluded information machine. It might surprise you to find out, he's profiting from Iraq pretty well. In fact, Hillary will keep the thing going, After we finish our third term of course. I'll look you up, we can go drinking and hunting.
10th October 2007 12:43 AM
oldkr dick cheney with a gun... fun times!

OLDKR
10th October 2007 08:38 AM
FotiniD Despite all the hassle and fighting, I think this is an interesting and nice thread. There's much to be said about hero worship and music. I for one cannot pretend that I was hooked with the Stones just for the great music - yes, this was the decisive factor, but it also had a lot to do with the coolness, the attitude, the whole rock 'n' roll cliche. Do you think it would be the same if they were four nice gentlemen, living quiet domestic lives? Can you say that even their music would sound the same?

So I think the social aspect has a lot to do with it, the whole persona that comes across, and when that happens, it's inevitable that there's gonna be some hero worship involved, to a lesser or larger degree.

On the other hand, unless you know a guy PERSONALLY, it's always risky to jump into conclusions, e.g. Brian was a prick. Yes, he did seem like a prick, alright. But none of us knew him personally. None of us can be 100% sure what on earth Keith is like up-close and personal or what really happened in terms of the relationships in the band during the '60s and '70s. There are rumours, interviews and "insider" books, but these only form a puzzle that's not always 100% accurate. We're only seeing fragments of who they really are. That's my two cents, at least.

I agree with Gypsy that I find very annoying how a large percentage of Brian Jones fans think Mick and Keith played a role in Brian's death. There could have been foul play with Brian, but I'm certain Mick, Keith and the rest of the Stones had nothing to do with it.

The attitude of some Jones fans, holding a grudge against the Stones after almost 40 years, for what they believe was a bad behavior towards Brian, well, I think that's crazy. Not just for the four decades that have passed, or the fact that none of us is personally related to the Stones, but for the mere fact that none of us was there to see what exactly was going on and who did what. But I also think it's kind of funny to be a Stones fan and not want to hear anything about Brian.

There. I wrote too much and this was supposed to be two lines
10th October 2007 10:09 AM
Boogie-Woogie @FotiniD: could not have expressed my own thoughts better than oyu...great;-)
10th October 2007 11:00 AM
Sophia Graves
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

On the other hand, unless you know a guy PERSONALLY, it's always risky to jump into conclusions, e.g. Brian was a prick. Yes, he did seem like a prick, alright. But none of us knew him personally. None of us can be 100% sure what on earth Keith is like up-close and personal or what really happened in terms of the relationships in the band during the '60s and '70s. There are rumours, interviews and "insider" books, but these only form a puzzle that's not always 100% accurate. We're only seeing fragments of who they really are. That's my two cents, at least.

I agree with Gypsy that I find very annoying how a large percentage of Brian Jones fans think Mick and Keith played a role in Brian's death. There could have been foul play with Brian, but I'm certain Mick, Keith and the rest of the Stones had nothing to do with it.

with above lines i totally agree.. thats the way i think too... thats why i keep distance to said stories which everyone tells..i dont ignore them as for example riffhard claims here that the BJ fans do. but i just cant judge because i dont think i have the right to do so as i was no close witness of the past times and of their inner circle and life. when its about the fans and haters and whatsoever..everyone should be allowed to do and think, dislike and like what they want, and no one should be pissed at because of that. and people who are fighting about things that are written in books etc but have never witnessed the persons whose its written about, i find ridiculous and not hardcore fans worshipping someone like brian.
well said, fotinid.. couldnt have expressed it better.

[Edited by Sophia Graves]
10th October 2007 11:48 AM
oldkr

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
10th October 2007 03:04 PM
GhostofBrianJones Brian Jones as well as the other Stones are part of Rock and Roll History.
I am a fan because I enjoy the early Sixties of the band as that is my
generation, the Sixties. Brian added beautiful instrumentation to their
early songs and so did Bill Wyman. It does not matter if a person is alive
or deceased one can give whatever validation they see fit to bestow on that
individual. It has always been my impression that the band for the most
part as mentioned are tight lipped and private. Surely they have honestly
discussed behind closed doors their feelings for their former bandmates
and each other. As far as what the books on the Stones say, maybe it is
up to the interpreter. Each person has their own boat to row.

I have my own reasons for liking Brian and that is that. As far as the investigation I am just going to wait.

The other Rolling Stones had nothing to do with Brian's demise at all.
[Edited by GhostofBrianJones]
10th October 2007 05:57 PM
BriansBabe Iīm glad, peace is coming back to this thread
Yes, I know these board is for discussing, but this should be with fairness and respect for each other!
I have enough anger and strangers around me due my daily work, I do not need the same here!

I agree with Ghost, that Mick and Keith only say a little about Brian. I think itīs maybe because of the fear that words turn around from people and come out in a completely different way...
From these many books about Brian and the Stones, I believe only the half, because the authors wasnīt there by themselves, and if yes, they where on drugs by themselves

To the subject, hero worshiping, I must say,I always thought itīs maybe only another word for FAN??????
Every fan do a bit hero worship in one way or another???
Just more look on the positive sides of a person, which is not called, the bad sides not to know, or find these good!

I will never ever believe, that Mick and Keith had the smallest thing to do with Brianīs death!!!!!!

And it is no matter for me, who love Mick,Keith...Brian the most or so...death or living, assholes or not, drug addicted or not...
Nobody can deny, that they were and are all members of
THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD!!!

10th October 2007 06:39 PM
GhostofBrianJones Brian'sBabe you are exactly right. Eloquently stated. Let's end this now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)