ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Portland, Oregon Rose Garden 1st November 2005
© "The Register Guard" with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When You Go To A Rolling Stones Concert What Do You Look For To Most Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th September 2007 08:25 PM
J@yk3s Even Though ive never been to a concert when I watch rolling stones videos I expect to see a lot of energy, awsome songs and the Rolling Stones doin What They do best

What do You Look forward to
27th September 2007 08:42 PM
pdog I used to go to get high, then I just got high and didn't go to shows, now I just go to shows. If the band sucks, I never go see them again. I'm done going to Stones shows, b/c it's just to much money... I'm glad i helped get them in Forbes magazine and break new records for tour gross...
27th September 2007 09:32 PM
robpop Drinking beer with friends, while listening to some great music. Also A nice piss break after the intros. Kieth's set, Miss You. Don't get me wrong I love the Kieth songs, but on this tour......
27th September 2007 09:35 PM
sirmoonie Having drinks with friends, listening to cool tunes, stabbing negroes in the back of the head.
27th September 2007 09:41 PM
Nellcote B Stage
27th September 2007 09:45 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Having drinks with friends, listening to cool tunes, stabbing negroes in the back of the head.

It seemed to be ok with Kieth as he just played on. "Well, hell, if it's ok by Kieth, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go stab some negro in the back of the head."
27th September 2007 10:01 PM
LadyJane The minute the lights go down, the crowd roars and then they appear.

Keith strums a chord.
Charlie bangs on a drum.
And then....
Mick struts out.

And you pinch yourself and realize, "I am in the same room as the Rolling Fucking Stones"

Does it every damned time. And has for 33 years and about 20 shows.

I hope to see them again.

LJ.
27th September 2007 10:29 PM
MrPleasant I always have to pee first.
27th September 2007 10:40 PM
StephenNYC My seat in the front row.
28th September 2007 12:43 AM
Paranoid_Android START ME UP!!! God I hate that song...just get it out of the way so i can enjoy the rest of the show...love the pre/post show parties...sometimes a bit too much!!
28th September 2007 01:17 AM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
I used to go to get high, then I just got high and didn't go to shows, now I just go to shows. If the band sucks, I never go see them again. I'm done going to Stones shows, b/c it's just to much money... I'm glad i helped get them in Forbes magazine and break new records for tour gross...

LOL!!!
28th September 2007 02:27 AM
The jinn, my friend. When I go to a concert. I look for secure centralized location, susceptibility of the crowd, bottle neck areas, and other important information. I am alert in a crowd. Does it have to be a concert?
28th September 2007 04:05 AM
Dan
quote:
J@yk3s wrote:

What do You Look forward to

Getting home
28th September 2007 04:53 AM
glencar The most excellent tee shirts.
28th September 2007 05:51 AM
SweetVirginia The building excitement as the opening video plays and we wait for Keith's first riff.

Finding out what gems they have put in the #4-#7 spots in the setlist.

Taking a minute during the "warhorses" to look 360 degrees around me to watch the crowd reacting to those songs. It helps me remember why we have to hear them in every show.

Near the end watching that wonder-of-the-world Mick Jagger run at full tilt from one far end of the stage to the other, then down the center catwalk as if he is 17 years old.

The bittersweet moment of the final bow when I start to hope this wasn't our last time.

28th September 2007 06:39 AM
Ade Lisa's legs
28th September 2007 08:52 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
START ME UP!!! God I hate that song...

You really are a paranoiding.
28th September 2007 08:53 AM
Mr Jurkka Starting of the gig! The feeling is awesome! And the song list..
28th September 2007 09:48 AM
Lazy Bones I look around and if I see empty seats I think to myself "shit, Joshy is gonna be pissed"!

Aside from that, Lady Jane's commment - And you pinch yourself and realize, "I am in the same room as the Rolling Fucking Stones" pretty much sums it up!
28th September 2007 10:49 AM
rogerriffin look for the full stadium all diversity people, make great friends, forgetting the doubts, existential traumas, troubles with women, and to live the great show of the year...

and of course the mistaken chords of Riffhard...
28th September 2007 11:24 AM
Saint Sway when I first get to the show, I always love checking out all the different Stones t-shirts that everyone is wearing.

its really amazing the huge variety of different cool Stones t's that everyone had. Every show I always see a few cool ones that I hadnt seen before. And I've been to over 50 shows

and I know theres that old saying about "dont be that guy" wearing the bands t-shirt of the show you're at. But fuck that. Stones are the ultimate exception to the rule. We're the foot soldiers of the Stones Nation - and we wear our tongues proud!
28th September 2007 11:35 AM
Moonisup the beginning of the show,
the people
the beer
and the end
28th September 2007 11:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
when I first get to the show, I always love checking out all the different Stones t-shirts that everyone is wearing.

its really amazing the huge variety of different cool Stones t's that everyone had. Every show I always see a few cool ones that I hadnt seen before. And I've been to over 50 shows

and I know theres that old saying about "dont be that guy" wearing the bands t-shirt of the show you're at. But fuck that. Stones are the ultimate exception to the rule. We're the foot soldiers of the Stones Nation - and we wear our tongues proud!

I ve just scored a "78 tour" tee on shirthunt.com....pretty cool Sway, but I miss a Rescue one !
28th September 2007 11:38 AM
sammy davis jr. A) The Music
B) The Women (The Stones seem to draw a higher quality of
female)
C) The clothes
28th September 2007 12:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I ve just scored a "78 tour" tee on shirthunt.com....pretty cool Sway, but I miss a Rescue one !

Emotional Rescue Tour tee's would of been the shit. But unfortunately, the band decided not to tour to promote the record back then because demand to hear the killer new tunes was at such an unprecedented high that there was no means of viable crowd control or locations that could contain that many obsessed fans. Much like when the Beatles decided to stop touring in the mid 60's.

Even once they were able to go back on the road the following year, they still had to be extra careful and limit playing only 2 songs from Emotional Rescue during the shows as anything over that would of caused complete chaos. I'm talking people going absolute ape shit, trampelling people to get closer to the stage and mass fainting from hysteria.

to this day they still have not played "Where The Boys Go" live over concerns of their fans safety, knowing full well that everyone in the arena would go bezerk.

28th September 2007 12:26 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Emotional Rescue Tour tee's would of been the shit. But unfortunately, the band decided not to tour to promote the record back then because demand to hear the killer new tunes was at such an unprecedented high that there was no means of viable crowd control or locations that could contain that many obsessed fans. Much like when the Beatles decided to stop touring in the mid 60's.

Even once they were able to go back on the road the following year, they still had to be extra careful and limit playing only 2 songs from Emotional Rescue during the shows as anything over that would of caused complete chaos. I'm talking people going absolute ape shit, trampelling people to get closer to the stage and mass fainting from hysteria.

to this day they still have not played "Where The Boys Go" live over concerns of their fans safety, knowing full well that everyone in the arena would go bezerk.

we should make our own Rescue shirt with our beloved Someguy.
only 3 tees in the world, imagine our success with girls on next tour
28th September 2007 12:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

we should make our own Rescue shirt with our beloved Someguy.
only 3 tees in the world, imagine our success with girls on next tour

I played "Emotional Rescue" on the juke last night. As the songs pumped out from speakers I instantly started getting a ton of "fuck me" stares from all the women in the bar.

that album is like Spanish Fly for the ladies
28th September 2007 01:56 PM
mojoman i dig the older chicks dressing up like they were still fifteen and their husbands who pass out before keiths set
28th September 2007 05:13 PM
fireontheplatter the pre tailgate party...food and beers.
28th September 2007 07:28 PM
Gimme Shelter The whole damn show.....It's the STONES!!!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)