ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Gypsy
© Robert Knight with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: An Amazing Thing (Stones Content) Return to archive
October 17th, 2005 11:46 AM
jcdesq I just realized the Stones played in Philly. Now, I moved from NYC to the bucolic suburbs of Central NJ, about 45 minutes from Philadelphia, and I had no idea until I saw the photo on this website, that the Stones were even in Philly. This is amazing, because, up until this tour, I don't think I missed a Stones show within 100 miles of my house. Since '89, I have been to well over 50 Stones concerts.

Now I may be getting old (33), but I just think this album and tour are just a let down. There is really nothing to get excited about. The new songs are weak, the setlists are unimaginative, and the ticket prices are outrageous. I have never been as down on my band as I am now.

If given the choice, I would rather see Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Taj Mahal, The White Stripes, The Killers or any venerable New Orleans artist over the Rolling Stones. I just drove over and hour to see The Preservation Hall Jazz Band in Delaware, so I am still into seeing live music.

Now I hear the Stones are finally releasing a "Rarities" album, and I see the setlist and it makes me want to vomit. I could not think of worse songs. "Anyway You Look At It" may be the worst Stones song of all time. "Fancy Man Blues?" Come on. Where are the songs like "Fiji Jim," "Criss-Cross Mind," "I'm Going Down," "Zip Mouth Angel" or "Lovin' Cup" with that bad-ass Mick Taylor slide guitar at the beginning. Are the boys to cheap to give the great Mr. Taylor a couple of bucks?

With The Beatles, Who, Zep, Dylan, Bowie and Springsteen giving their fans elaborate, well presented, important offerings from their vaults, why do the Stones take the cheapo route? Is this just a money grab by Virgin? I doubt it will make much cash. "Dance Part II" again????? This is an insult.

Finally, when I want to have sex with my wife, instead of putting on some romantic music and pouring some wine, I just grab her by the hair and tell her to "Come here and make the white stuff come out."

October 17th, 2005 11:53 AM
voodoopug
October 17th, 2005 11:59 AM
nankerphelge Sickening

October 17th, 2005 12:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

with jcdesq's posts, I always just skip to the last paragraph, thats where the bizarre stuff always turns up
October 17th, 2005 12:24 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
I just realized the Stones played in Philly. Now, I moved from NYC to the bucolic suburbs of Central NJ, about 45 minutes from Philadelphia, and I had no idea until I saw the photo on this website, that the Stones were even in Philly. This is amazing, because, up until this tour, I don't think I missed a Stones show within 100 miles of my house. Since '89, I have been to well over 50 Stones concerts.

Now I may be getting old (33), but I just think this album and tour are just a let down. There is really nothing to get excited about. The new songs are weak, the setlists are unimaginative, and the ticket prices are outrageous. I have never been as down on my band as I am now.

If given the choice, I would rather see Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, Taj Mahal, The White Stripes, The Killers or any venerable New Orleans artist over the Rolling Stones. I just drove over and hour to see The Preservation Hall Jazz Band in Delaware, so I am still into seeing live music.

Now I hear the Stones are finally releasing a "Rarities" album, and I see the setlist and it makes me want to vomit. I could not think of worse songs. "Anyway You Look At It" may be the worst Stones song of all time. "Fancy Man Blues?" Come on. Where are the songs like "Fiji Jim," "Criss-Cross Mind," "I'm Going Down," "Zip Mouth Angel" or "Lovin' Cup" with that bad-ass Mick Taylor slide guitar at the beginning. Are the boys to cheap to give the great Mr. Taylor a couple of bucks?

With The Beatles, Who, Zep, Dylan, Bowie and Springsteen giving their fans elaborate, well presented, important offerings from their vaults, why do the Stones take the cheapo route? Is this just a money grab by Virgin? I doubt it will make much cash. "Dance Part II" again????? This is an insult.

Finally, when I want to have sex with my wife, instead of putting on some romantic music and pouring some wine, I just grab her by the hair and tell her to "Come here and make the white stuff come out."

YOURE A WANKER-GO FUCK YOUR NEIGHBORS DOG
October 17th, 2005 01:34 PM
pdog
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
I don't think I missed a Stones show within 100 miles of my house.

No one missed you!
October 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
jcdesq Have all of you people drank the Kool-Aide? If so, I hope it had some of my white stuff in it.
October 17th, 2005 03:19 PM
PeerQueer ?????????????????????

...come to PeerQueer....
October 17th, 2005 03:20 PM
pdog You both would make a great couple...
October 17th, 2005 03:32 PM
Joey
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
?????????????????????

...come to PeerQueer....

Look ....................... PEERQUEER !!!!

Can you Smell it ?!?!

I SAY , CAN YOU SMELL IT ?!?!

**** Sniff ****

******* SNIFF !!!! ********

ASS ! :

[Edited by Joey]
October 17th, 2005 03:49 PM
egon I'm going fo the pipe
October 17th, 2005 04:07 PM
gimmekeef This guy needs to get out more...Atlanta kicked serious ass as have most other shows....
October 17th, 2005 07:25 PM
Soldatti If the album is a let down, I bought a wrong album.
October 17th, 2005 08:29 PM
exile This guy needs to be savagely beaten around the balls with a blunt instrument to ensure no chance of reproduction
October 18th, 2005 04:03 PM
DAVINO
quote:
exile wrote:
This guy needs to be savagely beaten around the balls with a blunt instrument to ensure no chance of reproduction

Why does this guy seem so out of it? Do you guys have experience with this weirdness from him?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)