ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Gypsy
© Robert Knight with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ChiSox Are Going To The World Series!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2
October 16th, 2005 11:41 PM
time is on my side Congratulations to the White Sox!!!!

First time since 1959!!!
October 16th, 2005 11:48 PM
texile my astros are going too - first time EVER...
beat THAT!
is that your team, time?
how does it feel to root for underdogs?
great huh?
October 17th, 2005 12:10 AM
jb Boring and humiliating..no ratings..Selig's worst nightmare has come true..
October 17th, 2005 12:10 AM
polksalad69

I never thought I'd see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 17th, 2005 12:13 AM
jb
quote:
polksalad69 wrote:

I never thought I'd see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GO WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUg must be in his cape and hat!!!
October 17th, 2005 12:21 AM
Bloozehound people still watch baseball
October 17th, 2005 12:34 AM
time is on my side
quote:
texile wrote:
my astros are going too - first time EVER...
beat THAT!
is that your team, time?
how does it feel to root for underdogs?
great huh?

No, my team is the Braves (since 1995, they always choke) but would love to see a Astros- ChiSox World Series because (1) it's been since 1959 since the White Sox have been there (2) the Astros have never been there (3)my grandparents lived in the metro Houston area (Huffman located on Lake Houston), I spent summers there when I was a kid, and will always remember seeing Sandy Koufax pitch in what was called at that TIME the eighth wonder of the world (the Astrodome- it was the first of the domed stadiums).
October 17th, 2005 03:21 AM
pdog Congrads to The ChiSox... I think Houston still needs to win game number four in the NLCS. After The BoSox comeback last year, no one should say their in until they win.
October 17th, 2005 04:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I was wondering. Is that Houston team named after George Jetson's dog? Just curious.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
October 17th, 2005 09:48 AM
voodoopug GO GO GO GO GO WHITE SOX!!!

THe Pug Household was rocking the last two nights. I did have my hat and cape out.....Bring on the NL.....be careful Houston Fans....think a 3-1 game lead is safe? Ask any Cubs Fan!

I fully expect this board to endorse the WHite SOx as their WOrld Series Favorite and to take them in as "Our Team"
October 17th, 2005 10:18 AM
Joey

Congratulations Chicago White Sox !!!!!

YES !!!!!!!!!

www.whitesox.com

October 17th, 2005 10:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Congratulations Chicago White Sox !!!!!

YES !!!!!!!!!

www.whitesox.com

joey: You are now one of us....don your black and white and raise a glass to the best pitching staff in playoff history!
October 17th, 2005 10:48 AM
pavlovs dog A Widow's Birthday Present

My Mom and Dad met in 1958 in Chicago. My dad lived on the South Side, worked at US steel and was an avid White Sox fan. During their courtship he used to take her to White Sox games and teach her the game. That summer he was laid off from US Steel and took the opportunity to see about 40 White Sox games. (Tickets were affordable even to an unemployed steelworker then). The next year, 1959 the White Sox went to the World Series and lost 4 games to 2. My parents were married two years later and I came along the following year (5 months to the day after the Stone's 1st ever gig). They were married for almost 44 years until my Dad died on Msy 1st of this year. In all the years since that summer of '59 the Chicago White Sox never won the AL Pennant, never really got close. My dad stayed a white Sox fan for many years but the insitution of the Designated Hitter in the American League and the demolition of their old ballpark, Comiskey Field led my dad to switch allegiances to the Chicago Cubs. Still once the White Sox beat the team I had adopted as my own, The` Boston Red Sox I got an eerie feeling, could this be their year? Last night before the game got under way I called my mother. It was her 68th birthday. I asked her if the White Sox clinched the pennant if that would be a nice present from dad. It took her aback. I don't think she had thought about it. Well last night at about 10 minutes to Midnight the White Sox did it. I got chills as the final out was recorded and after watching the Sox celebrate I called home. My mother is past the age at which she can stay up late so I talked to my brother about baseball and dad. It was well after Midnight before I went to bed. This morning I am a little weepy and tired and will take my time getting to work and will savor what has happened.

Happy Birthday Mom.

I Love You Dad.

Go White Sox

October 17th, 2005 11:00 AM
voodoopug WHat a wonderful post...your parents should be proud!
October 17th, 2005 04:39 PM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

and raise a glass to the best pitching staff in playoff history!

Damn Straight My Stonesian Brother ..........

Plus , those guys can HIT too !!!! Word !

Flacky !
October 17th, 2005 05:51 PM
BrianJonesForever Stupid White Sox. Oh yes, revenge will come next year
October 17th, 2005 05:55 PM
pdog
quote:
pavlovs dog wrote:
A Widow's Birthday Present

My Mom and Dad met in 1958 in Chicago. My dad lived on the South Side, worked at US steel and was an avid White Sox fan. During their courtship he used to take her to White Sox games and teach her the game. That summer he was laid off from US Steel and took the opportunity to see about 40 White Sox games. (Tickets were affordable even to an unemployed steelworker then). The next year, 1959 the White Sox went to the World Series and lost 4 games to 2. My parents were married two years later and I came along the following year (5 months to the day after the Stone's 1st ever gig). They were married for almost 44 years until my Dad died on Msy 1st of this year. In all the years since that summer of '59 the Chicago White Sox never won the AL Pennant, never really got close. My dad stayed a white Sox fan for many years but the insitution of the Designated Hitter in the American League and the demolition of their old ballpark, Comiskey Field led my dad to switch allegiances to the Chicago Cubs. Still once the White Sox beat the team I had adopted as my own, The` Boston Red Sox I got an eerie feeling, could this be their year? Last night before the game got under way I called my mother. It was her 68th birthday. I asked her if the White Sox clinched the pennant if that would be a nice present from dad. It took her aback. I don't think she had thought about it. Well last night at about 10 minutes to Midnight the White Sox did it. I got chills as the final out was recorded and after watching the Sox celebrate I called home. My mother is past the age at which she can stay up late so I talked to my brother about baseball and dad. It was well after Midnight before I went to bed. This morning I am a little weepy and tired and will take my time getting to work and will savor what has happened.

Happy Birthday Mom.

I Love You Dad.

Go White Sox

Finally!!!
A great post and bring tears to my eyes too!
October 17th, 2005 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

Finally!!!

It is absolutely beautiful !!!!
October 17th, 2005 05:59 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

It is absolutely beautiful !!!!

It's like golden toilet seat!
October 17th, 2005 06:54 PM
pavlovs dog
quote:
pdog wrote:

Finally!!!

Thanks P-Dog! That only took 4 months!

Hey, you keep avoiding my question about meeting in NYC.
October 18th, 2005 11:15 AM
glencar Please, people. This thread is about the White Sox. They deserve hearty congrats. But the Red Sox still suck & always will.
October 18th, 2005 11:31 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please, people. This thread is about the White Sox.

October 18th, 2005 11:43 AM
polksalad69 Holy Cow, it was Comiskey Park not Field.

October 18th, 2005 11:43 AM
voodoopug

this symbolizes the white sox running towards the world series title baby!!!
October 18th, 2005 12:31 PM
Joey
" this symbolizes the white sox running towards the world series title baby!!!"

YESSIR !!!!
October 18th, 2005 01:52 PM
pdog Astros fans, should realize it ain't won, til it's won. Only one strike away from a World Series and they end up losing the game.
Baseball is awesome...
I can still see a Cards and Sox series...
October 18th, 2005 02:00 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:

Battle of the Cubs Haters. Fans chant "Cubs Suck" throughout the series...
[Edited by Egbert]
October 18th, 2005 02:54 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

I can still see you attending the Rolling Stones concert at THE QWEST CENTER this winter .
October 18th, 2005 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

I can still see you attending the Rolling Stones concert at THE QWEST CENTER this winter .

i wasnt sure that anyone could come back from a 3-1 NLCS deficit, so i asked my wife, the cub fan, and she reminded me that it is possible to blow the final three games of the series
October 18th, 2005 03:00 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

If you can make me into more than one person... Or find someone to cover my life in SF...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)