ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Arriving at the De Lane Lea Recording Studios without enough money to pay the cab
October 7, 1963 to Record "Stoned" - Released November 1, 1963

Photo By Gus Coral - Black and White Blues
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Enigma's London Premier with great pix!!! Return to archive
09-24-01 09:22 AM
CS Royal premi�re for Winslet

Winslet, Dougray Scott and Saffron Burrows star

Kate Winslet will make her first public appearance since the break-up of her marriage as she attends the royal premi�re of her new film Enigma on Monday.
The actress will be at the screening of war thriller in Leicester Square, central London, which Prince Charles will also attend.

The gala event is being held on behalf of the prince's youth charity, The Prince's Trust.

The showbiz world was rocked when it was announced Winslet and director husband Jim Threapleton had ended their three-year marriage.

The couple's marriage had been seen as "perfect"

Enigma, based on Robert Harris' story of wartime code breakers, is produced by Rolling Stone Mick Jagger's production company, Jagged Films.

He is expected to attend the screening at the Odeon cinema along with the film's co-stars Dougray Scott, Jeremy Northam and Saffron Burrows.

Heroine

The film received its UK premi�re at the Edinburgh Film Festival in August.

Winslet plays the role of Hester Wallace, the heroine who assists a brilliant mathematician in his attempt to crack the German Navy's secret codes during the Second World War.

The actress rose to fame in the epic love story Titanic, alongside Leonardo DiCaprio.

Code-breaking may have shortened the war

She met assistant director Threapleton during the filming of Hideous Kinky in Morocco in 1998 and they married in a low-key ceremony the same year.

The couple's first baby, Mia, was born last year.

Their separation was announced at the beginning of September but no reason was given. All Winslet would say was that the break-up was amicable.

The couple are continuing to run their joint production company, Telltale Films, which aims to develop and produce UK and European-based films

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/
09-24-01 11:22 AM
Tom Does anybody know if ENIGMA will be allowed in the United States due to the recent terrorist acts?
09-24-01 01:30 PM
Stonesdoug Enigma is not scheduled to be released in the US until January 2002
09-24-01 04:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Winslet drops out of
premi�re

Kate Winslet has dropped out of a scheduled
appearance at the royal premi�re of her latest
film Enigma, saying she wants a "short time out
of the spotlight".

It was due to be her first public appearance
since the break-up of her marriage to director
Jim Threapleton.

Prince Charles is the
guest of honour at the
screening of the World
War II thriller in
Leicester Square,
central London on
Monday night.

But hours before the
event the actress
decided against
attending, citing
"recent personal
events".

In a statement she said: "I'm very sorry not to
be there to celebrate the premiere of Enigma
of which I'm very proud and also to pay my
respects to those lives lost in the recent
tragedy in New York.

Co-stars

"In light of recent personal events I feel that,
for the sake of myself and my family, a short
time out of the spotlight would be beneficial."

Winslet's co-stars Dougray Scott, Jeremy
Northam and Saffron Burrows are still expected
to make an appearance.

The gala event is being held on behalf of the
prince's youth charity, The Prince's Trust.

The showbiz world was rocked when it was
announced Winslet and director husband Jim
Threapleton had ended their three-year
marriage.

Enigma, based on Robert Harris' story of
wartime code breakers, is produced by Rolling
Stone Mick Jagger's production company,
Jagged Films.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
09-24-01 07:18 PM
Jaxx the bbc article that started this thread updated with this pic:20:49 GMT 21:49 UK

Jagger: Said Winslet was "afraid of the British press"

Kate Winslet has missed the royal premi�re of her latest film Enigma due to "recent personal events", but its producer Mick Jagger and other stars appeared for the show.

In a statement she said: "I'm very sorry not to be there to celebrate the premiere of Enigma of which I'm very proud and also to pay my respects to those lives lost in the recent tragedy in New York.

"In light of recent personal events I feel that, for the sake of myself and my family, a short time out of the spotlight would be beneficial."

Jagger, who has also come under media scrutiny over his love life, said of Winslet: "She's not afraid of terrorism but she is afraid of the British press.

"She's having a bit of a problem, I think, being in the limelight."

09-24-01 08:33 PM
Bridges To Stones

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger, right, with his daughter Elizabeth and Britain's Prince Charles at the Royal premiere of the film "Enigma" in London's Leicester Square on Monday, Sept. 24, 2001. Jagger produced the World War II thriller about British code-breakers which stars actress Kate Winslet who pulled out of the premiere just before its start, citing "recent personal events." Winslet separated from her husband Jim Threapleton earlier this month. (AP Photo/Stephen Hird/Pool)
Yahoo! News Photos
09-24-01 08:34 PM
Bridges To Stones

Rolling Stone Mick Jagger and his daughter Elizabeth arrive at the Royal Premier in aid of the Prince's charity the Princes Trust of "Enigma" at the Odeon, Leicester Square, London, September 24, 2001. The film is based on the best selling novel by Robert Harris and stars Burrows along with British actress Kate Winslet and is produced by Mick Jagger. REUTERS/Stephen Hird
Yahoo! News Photos
09-24-01 08:35 PM
Bridges To Stones

HRH the Prince of Wales (L) talks to Rolling Stone Mick Jagger and Mick's daughter Elizabeth at the Royal Premier in aid of the Prince's charity the Princes Trust of "Enigma" at the Odeon, Leicester Square, London, September 24, 2001. The film is based on the best selling novel by Robert Harris and stars Saffron Burrows along with British actress Kate Winslet and is produced by Mick Jagger. REUTERS/Stephen Hird
Yahoo! News Photos
09-24-01 08:36 PM
Bridges To Stones http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20010924/imdf24092001152840a.jpg

'The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger talks to reporeters at the Royal Premier in aid of the Prince's charity the Princes Trust of "Enigma" at the Odeon, Leicester Square, London, September 24, 2001. The film is based on the best selling novel by Robert Harris and stars Burrows along with British actress Kate Winslet and is produced by Mick Jagger. REUTERS/Stephen Hird
Yahoo! News Photos
09-24-01 10:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Kate misses Enigma premiere

Kate Winslet's marriage heartache has forced her to abandon her appearance at the royal premiere of her new movie Enigma.

The star says she is planning to take some time out of the spotlight as she announced she was pulling out of the screening just hours before it was due to begin.

But producer Mick Jagger and Saffron Burrows did turn up for the premiere which the Prince of Wales attended.

Winslet, 25, announced her split from film director husband Jim Threapleton three weeks ago after nearly three years of marriage.

He co-star Dougray Scott arrived with his wife Sarah Trevis and the couple shared a kiss in the cinema foyer. He was surprised that Winslet had not turned up.

"I didn't know she wasn't coming, it's none of my business," he said.

Burrows added glamour to the event. She wore a floor-length black Armani gown and spoke warmly of Jagger for bothering to turn up on set in all weathers.

"The unusual thing about Mick was that he was there. Mick turned up with his mac and stood around in fields getting wet."

Jagger's daughter Elizabeth and her friend Leah Wood - daughter of Rolling Stones' band mate Ronnie - make brief appearances in the movie and put in an appearance at the screening.

Enigma, based on the best-selling book by Robert Harris, tells the story of the wartime code-breakers who were based at Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire.

Story filed: 21:06 Monday 24th September 2001

RELATED
09-25-01 05:57 AM
CS Ronnie Wood and Bill Wyman attended

Absent star Winslet remains an enigma

BY ADAM SHERWIN

KATE WINSLET disappointed the Prince of Wales and hundreds of fans when she pulled out of the royal premiere of her film Enigma last night, as she wanted time �out of the spotlight�.
Mick Jagger, the producer of the film, arrived with his daughter, Elizabeth, and explained his star�s absence: �She is having a bit of a problem, I think, being in the limelight.�

Winslet�s presence at the premiere would have been her first public appearance since she parted from her husband, Jim Threapleton. Three hours before the event the actress, 25, issued a statement that said: �In light of recent personal events I feel that, for the sake of myself and my family, a short time out of the spotlight would be beneficial.�

The Scottish actor Dougray Scott, who appears opposite Winslet in Enigma � which is based on a Robert Harris novel and tells the story of the Second World War code-breakers at Bletchley Park, Buckinghamshire � arrived with his formerly estranged wife, Sarah Trevis.

Other guests included the pop star Sting, Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones and Tom Stoppard who adapted the screenplay. He said: �Wherever there is war, there are codes to be broken. But perhaps something romantic has gone out of code breaking since the development of the modern computer. There will never be another enigma machine.�

The film premiere was held on behalf of The Prince�s Trust.

09-25-01 10:09 AM
Robert Schneeweiss Who needs Kate Winslet when you have Elizabeth present? She's looking beatiful these days. I have to admit, I'd definitely consider her.
09-25-01 04:43 PM
moy this is the pic posted by bridges to stones

09-29-01 05:38 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ssome more pix with thanks to Alan Davidson

Jo, Ronnie and Leah

Suzanne and Bill

Elizabeth with boyfriend Damein van Zly

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.