ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Days off question Return to archive
16th October 2006 07:38 PM
Saint Sway 6 days off between the Chicago Tarpfest and the Seattle show
5 days off between Austin and AC

why such long layoffs between gigs? For a giant touring machine like the stones I cant see how its profitable to cut down to just a gig a week. Thats got to cost them money, no?

Anyone know why? Were they supposed to add more dates in between?
16th October 2006 07:46 PM
Poplar
Stroke recovery time.
16th October 2006 08:11 PM
winter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
6 days off between the Chicago Tarpfest and the Seattle show
5 days off between Austin and AC

why such long layoffs between gigs? For a giant touring machine like the stones I cant see how its profitable to cut down to just a gig a week. Thats got to cost them money, no?

Yes, I suppose, but the dollars they rake in (even when the shows are wide open) make the costs for extra stays at the local four seasons, etc. mouse nuts in grand scheme of things.

My guess is that they just want a less hectic pace, more rest between shows, etc. At this point, they can do what ever they want. The travel days are probably the biggest pain in the ass for them. Traveling once a week isn't as bad as 2 or 3 times a week.

My $.02.

wintah
16th October 2006 08:11 PM
lotsajizz plain and simple, Mick's voice....

16th October 2006 08:26 PM
pdog I agree with everyone...
16th October 2006 08:40 PM
Gazza I think its quite obvious from the amount of large gaps that they originally intended to play more shows than they're doing. A rude awakening re: lack of demand discouraged them from adding more shows than what was originally projected.

Maybe they also felt that the lack of a break between the European leg and this one was a good enough reason to do this leg at a slower pace. 23 shows in exactly 9 weeks is not exactly arduous - if youre in good health.

A poster on IORR who knows Leavell personally said that he was told by an insider that "more than a few people around here are looking forward to the end of this tour".

Make of that what you will.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th October 2006 08:49 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
A poster on IORR who knows Leavell personally said that he was told by an insider that "more than a few people around here are looking forward to the end of this tour".

[Edited by Gazza]

But that's completely understandable, though. They're all tired and sick of each other. We would feel the same way if we lived out of suitcases and had to deal with the same handful of people for over a year. It's too much of a good thing.
16th October 2006 08:52 PM
pdog The setlist will be down to 12 songs soon!
16th October 2006 09:00 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think its quite obvious from the amount of large gaps that they originally intended to play more shows than they're doing. A rude awakening re: lack of demand discouraged them from adding more shows than what was originally projected.

Maybe they also felt that the lack of a break between the European leg and this one was a good enough reason to do this leg at a slower pace. 23 shows in exactly 9 weeks is not exactly arduous - if youre in good health.

[Edited by Gazza]

Then why the hell did they come back to NA for more? It's like they're gluttons for punishment.
16th October 2006 09:15 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:
I agree with everyone...

Did you predict this?
16th October 2006 09:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

THE HORN SECTION ARE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS!!!
16th October 2006 09:20 PM
pdog
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

Did you predict this?

I knew I would be in agreement, not so much a prediction, as an understanding!
16th October 2006 09:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Then why the hell did they come back to NA for more? It's like they're gluttons for punishment.

I interpreted that as recent factors since booking the tour (ill-health, fatigue, boredom - whatever) have made everyone anxious for a break
16th October 2006 11:00 PM
glencar I can't see next year happening. Keith looks terrible & they're not in the mood. It'll take a miracle. Cue Stacy Lattislaw.
16th October 2006 11:02 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

I knew I would be in agreement, not so much a prediction, as an understanding!

Did you predict this?
16th October 2006 11:02 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can't see next year happening. Keith looks terrible & they're not in the mood. It'll take a miracle. Cue Stacy Lattislaw.

If you would've ran a little faster we could've met Ronald!
16th October 2006 11:05 PM
glencar Nah, I think he ran out of there once he realized he was spotted. It spooked him. Anyone who can't relax in a cafe w/o 2 burly bodyguards is somewhat cautious.
16th October 2006 11:07 PM
_Boomy_ You're exactly right.

I wonder if he had to get a "doggy" bag?
16th October 2006 11:08 PM
glencar He's near anorexic!
16th October 2006 11:59 PM
Poplar
obesity: a condition afflicting 84% of rolling stones tour personnel.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)