ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chicago Recording Return to archive Page: 1 2
16th October 2006 05:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Awful vocal performance by Mick!!
the high notes are not for him anymore..I hope they won t play Emotional Rescue in AC!!

blastphamy!!!

He can bring the high notes! I vote for WAY in AC!!
16th October 2006 05:58 PM
lotsajizz don't forget his falsetto on SOL!
16th October 2006 06:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
don't forget his falsetto on SOL!

I, I, I, I, I have not forgotten
16th October 2006 06:04 PM
GotToRollMe He actually did a great job on Worried About You at MSG last January. However, months of touring and sub-freezing temperatures aren't a very good combination for those high notes. I'm amazed he could pace his breathing at all in that cold.

16th October 2006 06:08 PM
Saint Sway you should hook him up with some kind bud. Put the high back in the high notes
16th October 2006 06:21 PM
tumbling dice
Mick needs to research more this song,he can do the high notes but now he doesn´t know the lyrics,maybe it will be good with more confidence.Remember Love is strong, in video awards 94 Mick didn´t sing the higher notes but in Japan i got the dvd(availible on youtube)he was on fire and did the high parts,the same with Rock´s off live.Just listen....
16th October 2006 06:27 PM
Some Guy I'm unable to hear it, but seems to be that a majority are underwhelmed to say the least.
16th October 2006 06:30 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you should hook him up with some kind bud. Put the high back in the high notes

Hmmm...I like the way you think, Sway...
16th October 2006 06:35 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Ronnie has mastered the "Ancient art of waving"

lol
16th October 2006 06:59 PM
luxury1 Oh, Mick can hit those high notes. He was just taking it down an octave, instead of reaching high, most likley due to the elements, the long tour, preserving his voice for the remainder of the show, and concentrating on the lyrics (?).
His scat singing this tour has been pretty incredible-- often taking vocal risks, with sweet, soulful results.
16th October 2006 07:03 PM
chevysales wow keith was playing on this one.
16th October 2006 07:19 PM
Madafaka I love that version!
16th October 2006 08:27 PM
TampabayStone Must have been great hearing/seeing it there.
16th October 2006 09:57 PM
sammy davis jr. Mick CANNOT hit the high notes anymore- hence three backup singers.
16th October 2006 10:11 PM
Dan
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Mick CANNOT hit the high notes anymore- hence three backup singers.

He sure hit the high notes on Worried About You at the Forum. I don't think the back up singers are necessarily there for the high notes, but to add depth.
16th October 2006 10:13 PM
deuce He could hit the high notes in Worried About You because he was singing in falsetto. Falsetto is your head voice, whereas regular singing generally comes from your diaphragm. So, Mick might be able to hit the notes falsetto - but in a normal style I think he's about burnt out in terms of high notes.
16th October 2006 11:05 PM
_Boomy_ "She Was Hot" rocked.

You had to be there to enjoy it. These recordings don't do any live concert/song justice.

16th October 2006 11:10 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
"She Was Hot" rocked.
These recordings don't do any live concert/song justice.

...never have, never will!
glencar That youtube version is a disgrace. I wish I'd never met it. Bambi's right: in concert is was sublime.
glencar
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

...never have, never will!

This recording was the most faithless I've ever heard!
16th October 2006 11:14 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Well, the recording kinda sucks, jb. I liked the guitar parts I could hear--Mick seemed a nervous mess on it, jumping from part to part, the backups attempting to follow his lead. Charlie was bangin' hard!!

And then there is the surprise ending! I remember hearing a version of Street Fighting Man from years back, the band struggling to conclude the thing, and Mick announcing at the finis, "christ, I thought that would NEVER end." Funny stuff. Gotta love this band...

Yes, my dear, Keith actually played great guitar here as did Ronald. Mick seemed quite nervous about the lyrics & it was obvious that he was reading the sheets. I think they were quite satisfied at the end of the song as it actually got a rousing reception which doesn't always happen i.e. Columbus/Sway.
16th October 2006 11:15 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
glencar wrote:
This recording was the most faithless I've ever heard!

encouraging, seeing I thought it was pretty good as my only opportunity to witness it...
17th October 2006 05:44 AM
marko This song is classic.Its better than anything on ABB.
17th October 2006 09:59 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
This song is classic.Its better than anything on ABB.

Baby Marko ?!
17th October 2006 01:09 PM
marko Is that you baba "hilton" Joey?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)